Official Discussion Thread (Ghost Edit)

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: Official Dish Cushion Thread

Postby ExoBassTix » 02 Nov 2016 01:20

Fl Brony wrote:HELLO FRIENDS. IT HAS BEEN. A HOT MINUTE AS IT WERE. I ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT THIS PLACE. HOW IS EVERYONE?

YES HI THIS IS ME I AM GOOD
How do you do?

Man, apparently my brain doesn't work right after snoozing my alarm for an hour straight after only four hours sleep. Go figure. It'd have been super neato if someone had told me this sooner because holy frick my head.
Also good news, I ordered a huge-ass refurbished PC workstation for my studio! 2x8 cores, 32GB RAM, 2x2TB HDD, 480GB SSD, GTX970 GPU, and two 22-inch 1080p monitors to go along with it. Really happy about this buy.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby LFP » 03 Nov 2016 05:38

Thats one hella battlestation
Brony Music Directory
Nine Volt wrote:That feel when 9V will never take you out to dinner 3:
LFP

Cutie Mark: Blank flank4evar

Postby ExoBassTix » 09 Nov 2016 01:14

Yeah man. I posted a new picco over yonder in the show-your-studio thread :P

Also big news.
Last friday, I received my diploma. I'm now a certified musicproducer/sound engineer!

I'm sooooooo happy!
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Freewave » 30 Dec 2016 15:52

Whoa, same people are still here. (except for me)

I guess if no chat in December then that's pretty sad.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Facade » 31 Dec 2016 00:52

yea i come by every now and then to see whats up
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby ExoBassTix » 03 Jan 2017 08:58

I don't think I'll ever leave completely. Sure, I've been away for about a month, but yeah. Put that on extreme stress relating to college and life haha.

How you guys been doing? I really miss talking with friends on a regular basis. Recently I've been maddeningly aware of how little I actually engage and directly talk to people, and it hurts like hell. Perhaps I should go on Skype again... Perhaps. I guess I'm just scared.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Acsii » 06 Jan 2017 21:20

So random update on me lol. I'm finally actually on hrt and I've moved out of my parents. Currently being generic queer punk girl atm and being broke lol.
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 08 Mar 2017 07:57

Well, I guess this is good bye.
this place once used to be the highlight of my day. Now it's a mere shadow of a shadow of its former self.
I wish the best of luck to everyone here.
Bronies Are Cool

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby ExoBassTix » 21 Mar 2017 01:33

'Twas fun having you here BaC. See ya on the flipside.

You know what I just noticed? I believe even the search engine bots don't crawl this place anymore :P
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Acsii » 15 Apr 2017 19:38

ExoBassTix wrote:'Twas fun having you here BaC. See ya on the flipside.

You know what I just noticed? I believe even the search engine bots don't crawl this place anymore :P

Nah I had a google bot here with me when I posted this lol
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Postby Ricky Denzel » 17 Apr 2017 10:56

I'm surprised this place is still alive. The site would have been down by now lol.
Never Validating My Bastardizing Remedy
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Triangle with an eye

Postby itroitnyah » 29 Apr 2017 17:27

Sometimes I come back to this site when I am feeling nostalgic. Usually it just happens when I first visit soundcloud once every year or so... And then I see some of the old artists I used to spend all day listening to and get in the downs when I learn they're not actively producing anymore... And then I come back to here and remember all the time I spent wasting my life away shitposting. 5 years. I eventually left the fandom and stopped keeping up to date with the show. Although I knew that I was no longer interested in the fandom some time before I got banned by Kyoga, it was merely the people I connected with on this site that kept me participating. And the timing on my ban just seemed right. All of the people I knew no longer actively posted and everybody else I didn't really care for or agree with. Once I was "out of the fandom" and disconnected from the site I really lost interest in music production, and what little wisp of creativity I had in the first place died with it. Despite this, I tried to pursue a career in audio production by getting my degree in precisely that. One whole school year went down the drain. I managed two whole classes this entire school year and have very little motivation to do anything related to school because I have no idea what I want to study. Instead, I work two part time jobs and live alone just catching up on movies and TV shows (Currently watching The Office) or videogames between jobs.

But every time I come back to this site I am overcome with this magical sensation that just washes over me. I feel a knot start to tighten in my throat and I just have to sort of sit and think for a while. All the carefree days browsing this board, going from subforum to subforum eagerly anticipating each new topic or reply. Chances to improve myself and help others improve. The massive debates and arguments that would be held over the simple things. The Brony documentary, the Equestrian Daily and each new episode of the show. And quite honestly, I am embarrassed. Ever since I left the community, I've stepped back and seen how absolutely gratuitous, disgusting and immature bronies can be. Their posts, interjections and comments have potential to be, and quite often are filthy and repugnant. Despite this I don't regret any of the time I spent or wasted in the fandom. I am admittedly still a degenerate myself, although in different ways. I've moved on and have different interests, hobbies and generally a different future.

So in a summary that would do my English teacher from last semester proud, I'm quite happy this site is still here, and that it's still (slightly) active for some reason. Coming back here using incognito mode so I don't get MLP related popups, no matter how much distaste I have for the community makes me feel good in a way. It brings me back to the good ol' days and reminds me of the people who came here and the enthusiasm I used to have for a hobby I no longer enjoy. I'm sure that in 3-4 years I'll look back at what I'm currently doing and reminisce about how these are the "gool ol' days" but that just seems to be the poetry of life. The past is always better than the present and the future is scary and uncertain. In the end, this site will always have a special spot in my heart, no matter how much I hate to admit it. I will always miss coming here to shitpost and banter with the other members. But I have so many things going on for me in the present and no longer have a place on these forums, nor the desire to be active. But maybe a handful of times throughout the coming years I will swing by this place just for the rush, because nostalgia is a hell of a drug. One day I may come back to find a "domain name for sale" redirect as the final person willing to run this site has given up and stopped paying for the server. And all I'll be left with are memories.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Fl Brony » 22 Jun 2017 19:51

I sort of left the fandom out of just not keeping up with the show like i used and with that i sort of stopped doing music.
The only thing ive wrote in months was a short 25 second thing a few minutes ago just playing with a loop and a piano vst.
Really trying to get back into it, ngl kind of miss this place.
Glad to see its still here at least
I rap, make teh electronics, and try to be br00tz.
I also go by JokerCard for non pony stuff
My Youtube
My Soundcloud
I have a Tumblr...
I have a Twitter or something...

Fl Brony

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Blank Flank

Postby Acsii » 17 Jul 2017 05:38

So I just spent the last two days going through old posts. Reading drama I no longer have context for. Seeing people that I haven't seen here in years. It was an interesting experience, to see how much we've all grown since joining is ridiculous especially when you can actually see it in a persons posting style.
AS for me with music stuff, I'm still going strong. Music is a hobby but seeming that I work in the Sound industry now I have the equipment and time to work on it still. That being said I haven't done anything super interesting recently.
Acsii

Re: Official Discussion Thread (Ghost Edit)

Postby ExoBassTix » 18 Sep 2018 08:19

Hell yeah I'm still around
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Freewave » 23 Dec 2018 17:16

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/TheScien ... ony-music/ I add to this from time to time when I'm feeling nostalgic. About the best history lesson I think we got.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Re: Of Fish You'll Dish Cuss Shunt Read

Postby ExoBassTix » 01 Apr 2021 13:37

Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Mundius » 25 Jul 2023 20:04

You know what, guys? I sometimes miss this place. Bless whoever keeps it up and I hope every single spambot has a fun castration.
Mundius

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Discussion