Remix War 6: United Media Makers

Re: Remix War 6: United Media Makers

Postby Camsy » 15 Sep 2012 09:17

Getting an artist isn't too difficult. I'm making a song where I wanted a different picture for each of the 12 parts. I had 1 week to find someone to do them. So rather than dumping 12 pictures on one artist, I rounded up 10 artists to do 12 pictures. Honestly, go to DeviantArt, join the bronies or MLP FiM group and wait till a picture features thats the style your looking for and then contact them! :P

Also Circuit, would it be possible to rename this to something else if you've greenlighted original works. I mean the whole idea of "Remix War" is that its a Remix! :P
Support me on Youtube and Facebook.
Camsy

Primary: Logic Pro 9
Cutie Mark: Jack-of-all-trades

Postby VeganCheesecake » 21 Sep 2012 08:41

Do we have recruiting threads for this? Sorry, I feel like a noob.

Anyway, I could provide awful singing voice and awesome writing skills. If someone's interested, just tell me.
VeganCheesecake

Postby Inkpony » 05 Oct 2012 10:53

All in for the friendship theme and such, but this just seems way to difficult to manage and put together. Not sure I'll be able to make it to this one.
Primary Alias: Inkpony
DAW: FL Studios
Instruments: Massive, Kontakt, Harmless, Sytrus, ASynth (Not to be mistaken with Absynth)
Orchestral: EWQLSO (Run through Kontakt)

Youtube -- Soundcloud
Inkpony

Postby Circuitfry » 06 Oct 2012 05:03

Yes, zorg, the original songs must be pony.

Don't worry about the name, it's still Remix War. We're gonna see remixes.

As for recruiting... doing it here is difficult because pmvers and artists don't frequent this place, so go look for them, instead.

I'm still delaying the start of this for a bit, but I'm trusting that most people have by now gathered a group and formed an idea.
Viricide wrote:Thanks Obama. Or should I say Cirbama.

\
Circuitfry

Primary: LMMS
Cutie Mark: {;}

Postby LFP » 06 Oct 2012 05:34

Am I allowed to collaborate on the song and collaborate(?) on the potentional pmv. Aka; each person does ~50% of respective side?
Last edited by LFP on 06 Oct 2012 17:40, edited 2 times in total.
Brony Music Directory
Nine Volt wrote:That feel when 9V will never take you out to dinner 3:
LFP

Cutie Mark: Blank flank4evar

Postby UnderpΩny » 06 Oct 2012 15:22

No thanks.
UnderpΩny

Postby LoreRD » 06 Oct 2012 15:28

While I like the idea, I haven't done anything to put together a team nor make a song, and I'm just too busy.
DAW: Logic Pro Studio 9 | VSTs: Komplete 9 Ultimate
Piano Improvisations, Electro-orchestral-alternative instrumentals/remixes, drummer
Youtube | SoundCloud | tumblr
Brony Musician Directory
Thanks to Makkon for the avatar
LoreRD

Postby CaptainFluffatun » 06 Oct 2012 16:24

I'll try something for this
CaptainFluffatun

Primary: Cubase 5
Cutie Mark: Orchestral

Postby CaptainFluffatun » 06 Oct 2012 19:35

Is a remix of a non-pony song by someone from the community still allowed, like RW5? If so, I started this little doodle: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53819319/Winterglade%20WIP.mp3
CaptainFluffatun

Postby MYCUTIEMARKISAGUN » 15 Oct 2012 19:14

Is this really happening? I thought it was a prank <_<
onlybuilt4ponylinx.tumblr.com

SADFKLJASFJ;KLFDSAJKL;VJKL;FDSJKLIJKL;'WOIJ[RWIJR
MYCUTIEMARKISAGUN

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: A GUN, obviously

Postby Marshmelon » 17 Oct 2012 08:59

VeganCheesecake wrote:Do we have recruiting threads for this? Sorry, I feel like a noob.

Anyway, I could provide awful singing voice and awesome writing skills. If someone's interested, just tell me.

Awesome writing, awesome writing! Pick me, pick me!!!

We just need a composer and some instrumentalists and a song.

Oh wait, and a bunch of artists and film student etc.
Marshmelon

Postby K3WRO » 24 Oct 2012 06:56

This should be put as an announcement, I like this Idea
Soundcloud : http://www.soundcloud.com/megapie-1
Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/user/antigravtoast2/featured

-I'm not Dead, I just don't make small horse music anymore-
K3WRO

Primary: Reason
Cutie Mark: Your Face

Postby Marshmelon » 24 Oct 2012 09:26

I actually don't like the idea, kind of wish it went under a different name than "remix war." People without connections, or off of MLR will have no chance. You already have to be part of the music community to do *Charity Albums, *Toastbeard, *Remix War, but actually writing songs can be done by anybody.

To rephrase: I'm a foal, and what is this? I saw a previous "Remix War" on EqD and it's relevant to my interests, it's my fetish, I want to be in the next one.
But as soon as you announce BIGASS COLLABORATIONS BETWEEN MUSICIANS, ARTISTS, AND (a small number of) ANIMATORS, I realize I'm destined to be forever alone, as it were-- I'm sure you know that feel.

Was my story cool?
I worry that we're ostracizing the newcomers. Kind of like TB, where if Aviators enters, everybody puts a vote on it by default and poor, oppressed, newfag marshmelon does her best but, apparently, isn't quite there.
Marshmelon

Postby CaptainFluffatun » 24 Oct 2012 12:07

I don't see how it's less fair for new people at all, Marshmelon. Just ask an artist and/or animator to work with you. As for Toastbeard, that's because Aviators makes good music.
CaptainFluffatun

Postby FLAOFEI » 24 Oct 2012 14:58

Lol, Im gonna find it hard not to enter the most epicly overworked troll entery to this ever...

Anyway... when will we know the deadline?
Just want to know a rough timeframe here. Winterholidays vs start of december.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Marshmelon » 24 Oct 2012 15:34

CaptainFluffatun wrote:I don't see how it's less fair for new people at all, Marshmelon. Just ask an artist and/or animator to work with you.

Yes, let me just pull up my list of artists and animators and see if one of them even responds--

Oh wait, I don't have one.

It's unfair to new people in that, unless you nab an experienced animator, your entry will take a long time (What's that? Beginning of December?) and/or be a poor one-- and that's just the visual aspect. It's hard enough to make a good piece of music. We really do need to assemble into "teams," don't we? Someone to coordinate and direct, then, all of the people for the musical aspects, all of the people for the visual aspects...
it's just a huge undertaking. Someone said "There will be fewer entries just due to the requirements" or something along those lines. It is less fair, because I know, for absolutely sure, that I (speaking for myself) am not going to attract an animator. And I assume the people even newer than me, or the people who hear about this late, will have similar problems finding collaborative partners.
Marshmelon

Postby ChromaticChaosPony » 24 Oct 2012 15:41

colortwelve wrote:Welp. Time to start building up my team. I really hope all those purely musical collabs pay off here :D

Can I be on your team? I know I have a bad track track record with collabs, but I promise I won't flunk out of school before I start my part this time.

Also, I'm starting to get fairly comfortable with vector art involving ponies. I might be able to help with art as well as my usual dubstep nonsense. I also got some great industrial samples and collision samples, so I could probably recreate the audio from a scene out of Transformers if I wanted to. Also, I know how to make the Megatron voice effect.

Good news: I suck less at mixing now. I have also aquired Vengeance samples.

Edit: I'll make some artist friends so that I can have a second opinion on my stuff (assuming I'm allowed to art).

I'll probably have an example of what I can do done within the next week. I'm halfway finished with "Roseluck's Yay." Most of the outline is done. Just need the hair, fill, final details, and shading (in case I decide I want to make a wallpaper out of it later). Definitely not bad for a first vector.
ChromaticChaosPony

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby ChromaticChaosPony » 24 Oct 2012 16:05

Marshmelon wrote:
CaptainFluffatun wrote:I don't see how it's less fair for new people at all, Marshmelon. Just ask an artist and/or animator to work with you.

Yes, let me just pull up my list of artists and animators and see if one of them even responds--

It's unfair to new people in that, unless you nab an experienced animator, your entry will take a long time (What's that? Beginning of December?) and/or be a poor one-- and that's just the visual aspect. It's hard enough to make a good piece of music. We really do need to assemble into "teams," don't we? Someone to coordinate and direct, then, all of the people for the musical aspects, all of the people for the visual aspects...
it's just a huge undertaking. Someone said "There will be fewer entries just due to the requirements" or something along those lines. It is less fair, because I know, for absolutely sure, that I (speaking for myself) am not going to attract an animator. And I assume the people even newer than me, or the people who hear about this late, will have similar problems finding collaborative partners.

I don't know any artists closely. So I started teaching myself how to draw pony vectors recently.

If you don't to go that route, then just be social and show them your stuff. The point of this is to make friends, right? Just act like yourself and be friendly, someone will be glad to work with you.
ChromaticChaosPony

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby CaptainFluffatun » 24 Oct 2012 17:38

Marshmelon wrote:

Chill.

There's tons of people. Maybe instead of complaining about how no one will accept you, you should get working on your remix to make it extra strong so that they will.

Even if every last animator on the plant said no, Circuitfry even said you can default to a picture.
CaptainFluffatun

Postby Marshmelon » 25 Oct 2012 10:12

ChromaticChaosPony wrote:I don't know any artists closely. So I started teaching myself how to draw pony vectors recently.

If you don't to go that route, then just be social and show them your stuff. The point of this is to make friends, right? Just act like yourself and be friendly, someone will be glad to work with you.

I'm making my own video. I know what song I want to do so I can begin "early."

What I mean is that, this time last year, I had no knowledge of MLR, skype chats, ponychat-- the best I could have come is to PM people on Youtube. I'm sure there's a thousand resources I'm still missing that are "common knowledge." Someone like that, at the entry point, wanting to contribute but not knowing how, will have NO WAY to participate in this.

Yeah. I know you can just do a picture. I read the thread.
Marshmelon

Postby Freewave » 25 Oct 2012 13:41

If people can just select a single picture that kind of throws out all the previous rules and guidelines to this event! I know there's frustration in making a whole project that involves people (artists and pmv'ers) who don't frequent mlr but let's not discard the only rules and commonality of the event we are using. It's a bummer this may be a project that less people take part in but the last RW was kinda too big IMHO to really see and hear everything anyway. Let's try to have a united theme at least even if that's challenging.

There's enough people with connections (makkon, cfry, lavendar) here to get the word out to artists and pmv'ers either through deviant art or an EQD post. If you really wanna see this event fly this should be communicated out to them NOW and they should have a sign-up sheet for THEM to show interest. If all the coordination and initiation has to be done by the musicians (and many of them smaller) than this may not do to well.... just sayin.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby UnderpΩny » 27 Oct 2012 06:54

Freewave wrote:There's enough people with connections (makkon, cfry, lavendar) here to get the word out to artists and pmv'ers either through deviant art or an EQD post. If you really wanna see this event fly this should be communicated out to them NOW and they should have a sign-up sheet for THEM to show interest. If all the coordination and initiation has to be done by the musicians (and many of them smaller) than this may not do to well.... just sayin.

I think this is the point Marshmelon was trying to make.
You can't just tell people to go and find partners, you have to get them interested in the project as a whole before people approach them to be on their team.
UnderpΩny

Postby Freewave » 27 Oct 2012 09:51

Agreed. MLR is on board but we need artists and pmv'ers to be notified and on board and willing to participate as well. Hopefully someone behind the scenes and organizing this is doing that on deviant art so this project can really open for musician participation. Otherwise i feel that people will be assuming that musicians are doing the all work and creating a team when they actually aren't and don't have the necessary resources.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Warbalist » 28 Oct 2012 22:56

Freewave wrote:Agreed. MLR is on board but we need artists and pmv'ers to be notified and on board and willing to participate as well. Hopefully someone behind the scenes and organizing this is doing that on deviant art so this project can really open for musician participation. Otherwise i feel that people will be assuming that musicians are doing the all work and creating a team when they actually aren't and don't have the necessary resources.

Totally. An EQD post and a DA post would help everyone out and give more people the opportunity, especially the shy ones.

Hey, shy people! I understand it's tough and rejection sucks, but there are so many awesome people out there that would love to do something like this. Check out on EQD who does PMV's and such. You'll be glad you did.
Warbalist

Postby Mondogreen » 29 Oct 2012 21:33

I've been editing video for 6 years and making music for about 2 and a half. I'd be more than happy to participate in... whatever this is. =p
New track in the works!!

DAW: Sony Acid Pro 6
VSTi: NI Massive 1.3
Plugins: Not many

You don't need a cabinet full of cleaners to make a sick track

https://soundcloud.com/djmon/2-pac-changes-mondogreens-work
Mondogreen

PreviousNext

Return to Remix War