Remix War Sync Party

Re: Remix War Sync Party

Postby ÜberTriangle » 31 Aug 2012 14:45

NavyBrony wrote:- Have a separate IRC chat for musicians to talk to eachother, and use the livestream chat to chat with viewers from EqD.

By "musicians" you mean any person who claims he is a musician or only participants?
ÜberTriangle

Postby zorg » 31 Aug 2012 14:52

ÜberTriangle wrote:
NavyBrony wrote:- Have a separate IRC chat for musicians to talk to eachother, and use the livestream chat to chat with viewers from EqD.

By "musicians" you mean any person who claims he is a musician or only participants?

Allow me to butt in;
i'd say all musicians, and we could use #bronymusic on ponychat (mlr's channel) for it, it could work.
^feel free to disregard | genres... what are those? | :3
[collabgeddon] - too much time passed for this
Do feel free to keep in touch through discord: #zorg "eight" "rod" "inverted-E" "four"
zorg

Primary: ILyEAN (v0.0.0.0) [Designing Phase]
Cutie Mark: Usually Invisible

Postby BlackElectric » 31 Aug 2012 16:30

Depending on how long it goes I might not be there...
BlackElectric

Primary: Pro Tools 10
Cutie Mark: Mixing

Postby Applejinx » 31 Aug 2012 17:26

Whoa- if there's an EQD crowd of gawkers I can't wait. The musicians alone would make a huge crowd. Do we get a sequence of tracks or is it more up in the air?
Applejinx

Postby Stars In Autumn » 31 Aug 2012 17:42

zorg wrote:All of this. As elitist as it may sound, we should keep the sync listens musicians only.

Well, if we can, I want to be able to have non-musicians be a part of this as well. Toastbeards are for musicians, this is for everyone who is interested. It's been publicly open to everyone in the past, so unless there are technical limitations, we shouldn't limit it to just musicians.

I sent the Synchtube folks an email asking if they have a maximum room size. That's my first option. If that doesn't work or breaks, I can livestream it tomorrow. They technically don't have a viewer limit. I gotta get that set up tonight. I won't be able to livestream it Sunday, however, as I will be busy with other things and can't monitor a live feed. If Sci or someone wants to offer to run a livestream Sunday, let me know. We'll have to play it by ear and see how tomorrow goes first, however. If Synchtube works perfectly, I can open a room Sunday.

I doubt we'll need IRC, seeing as we'll have to have everyone manually sync up their music or link a playlist to everyone and make sure newcomers are in sync with everyone else. That seems like a big headache for a crowd of over 200.
-Stars In Autumn aka Jeffthestrider
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Primary: FL
Cutie Mark: Myself

Postby Stars In Autumn » 31 Aug 2012 17:45

Applejinx wrote:Whoa- if there's an EQD crowd of gawkers I can't wait. The musicians alone would make a huge crowd. Do we get a sequence of tracks or is it more up in the air?

The playlist will be organized tomorrow after submissions are closed. I'll see if I can generate a random list for us to use, so people who submit last aren't punished by being slotted for the very last day.
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Postby sci » 31 Aug 2012 19:38

Stars In Autumn wrote:I doubt we'll need IRC, seeing as we'll have to have everyone manually sync up their music or link a playlist to everyone and make sure newcomers are in sync with everyone else. That seems like a big headache for a crowd of over 200.

well:
the idea of running this like a TB sync is absurd, yes

but

IRC is much more stable. (I can confirm that some messages were dropped from the chat during the synctube for the last round.)

here's what I'd do:
1. set up a synctube playlist, discourage conversation in that window
2. set the #bronymusic topic to a bold, rainbow colored "MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON THIS SYNCTUBE PAGE" + link
3. point everyone to synctube + #bronymusic

s/synctube/livestream, if applicable.

I'm a bit concerned about the crowd size that EqD would bring, in that it might simply be too much chatter to keep up with. But it might be more fun that way, who knows. </optimism>
sci

Primary: OpenMPT
Cutie Mark: Sampling

Postby TheLonging » 31 Aug 2012 19:54

I'm a musician, but I didn't make music for RW5 (just for the intermission videos). Would I be able to chat with the other musicians who ACTUALLY sent in entries, or no?
I'm Decibelle, nice to meet you.

Check out the Right to The Point event!
DAW: FL Studio 10, Ableton 8
VSTs: Massive, Harmless, Sytrus, 3xOsc, Sylenth
Soundcloud
YT
Music Blog
Main Blog
TheLonging

Postby S.A.S.Falcon » 31 Aug 2012 20:26

TheLonging wrote:I'm a musician, but I didn't make music for RW5 (just for the intermission videos). Would I be able to chat with the other musicians who ACTUALLY sent in entries, or no?

I would assume you would be able to. Don't take my complete word for it though.
My Youtube channel
My Soundcloud (this is more used for sharing small WIPs)
S.A.S.Falcon

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: Clef

Postby zorg » 01 Sep 2012 00:14

sci wrote:
Stars In Autumn wrote:I doubt we'll need IRC, seeing as we'll have to have everyone manually sync up their music or link a playlist to everyone and make sure newcomers are in sync with everyone else. That seems like a big headache for a crowd of over 200.

well:
-snip-

I meant this as well, sorry if i wasn't that precise
irc as chat next to synctube
Do feel free to keep in touch through discord: #zorg "eight" "rod" "inverted-E" "four"
zorg

Postby Stars In Autumn » 01 Sep 2012 02:46

zorg wrote:
sci wrote:

well:
-snip-

I meant this as well, sorry if i wasn't that precise
irc as chat next to synctube

Alright, Sci, can you give me a link to the IRC chat and I'll link both the chat and synchtube tomorrow?
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Postby Blue Mouse » 01 Sep 2012 03:07

So yeaaaaah I'm in China so I'm with all the Aussies in that this whole time zone thing isn't going so well for me.

But I would like to view the feedback to my song! Since I'm kind of new at this and could use some advice. So I take it there is going to be a list where I can check which day my song is going to be playing and then I can wake up absurdly early on that day and hopefully explain to my roommate that this is for a good cause? Maybe?
Blue Mouse

Postby Lopsided » 01 Sep 2012 04:09

Blue Mouse wrote:So yeaaaaah I'm in China so I'm with all the Aussies in that this whole time zone thing isn't going so well for me.

But I would like to view the feedback to my song! Since I'm kind of new at this and could use some advice. So I take it there is going to be a list where I can check which day my song is going to be playing and then I can wake up absurdly early on that day and hopefully explain to my roommate that this is for a good cause? Maybe?

Well if we're using the IRC like it seems, and they run it similar to Toastbeard, there should be a pastebin file of the chatlog posted somethere which you could just CTRL-F your track and find out what people said. Only problem is that i'm not entirely sure if they're saving the chatlog, although i'd assume they would.
DAW: Fl Studio
Genres: Orchestral, Indie Pop (eventually)
Projects: The Stars Will Aid In Her Escape (NaCP Cover), Finale
Youtube | Soundcloud
Lopsided

Postby Camsy » 01 Sep 2012 04:45

It'd be great if they did, I doubt everyone will be able to stick around for the whole sync.
Support me on Youtube and Facebook.
Camsy

Primary: Logic Pro 9
Cutie Mark: Jack-of-all-trades

Postby StevenAD » 01 Sep 2012 05:54

C∆m§¥ wrote:It'd be great if they did, I doubt everyone will be able to stick around for the whole sync.

Or even if you do, it might be really hard to catch all your feedback when there are 200+ people in the room.
RIP Kiki Havivy. You will be missed...
StevenAD

Postby Freewave » 01 Sep 2012 06:03

Hopefully sci can pastebin those chats so anyone absent can review the feedback. That's what TB does so hopefully we can have them try to do that.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby zorg » 01 Sep 2012 06:24

the irc channel is logged by a few people, though we aren't on par with the precision of how sci does it (who logs with seconds-precision anyway? :3 )
zorg

Postby Tsyolin » 01 Sep 2012 10:14

This gonna be some cray shit yo.

I just hope we can keep it all together.
Tsyolin

Primary: Studio One
Cutie Mark: I don't even know anymore

Postby Marshmelon » 01 Sep 2012 11:09

A suggestion: Leave Synctube link for non-participants, or, non-musicians, whatever.
bronymusic IRC for participants and anypony who knows how to get there anyway.
Then you can have your commentary AND your flooding. And the musicians who want to talk to screaming jackleapp fans can do so, but others won't be forced to.
Marshmelon

Postby Raddons » 01 Sep 2012 11:15

Marshmelon wrote:A suggestion: Leave Synctube link for non-participants, or, non-musicians, whatever.
Then you can have your commentary AND your flooding. And the musicians who want to talk to screaming jackleapp fans can do so, but others won't be forced to.

That's a fantastic idea.

What are the exact plans as of now?
Raddons

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby S.A.S.Falcon » 01 Sep 2012 11:25

Cloud wrote:
Marshmelon wrote:A suggestion: Leave Synctube link for non-participants, or, non-musicians, whatever.

That's a fantastic idea.

What are the exact plans as of now?

We just wait until after the deadline. Then we'll soon be sent a link to synchtube and we can listen to everything :D

I am set for this! 3:30am and not a bit of tiredness in me!
My Youtube channel
S.A.S.Falcon

Postby Stars In Autumn » 01 Sep 2012 11:26

Well, seeing as JackleApp won't be there, I doubt you'll run into that issue. EqD will be posting a link to the OP of this topic. So should the IRC just be the unspoken chatroom?
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Postby sonikkureinbumu » 01 Sep 2012 12:00

LINK!!!!! PLEEASE!!
CANNOT FIND IT EVEN THOUGH ITS PROBABLY SOMEWHERE SIMPLE!
sonikkureinbumu

Postby TheLonging » 01 Sep 2012 12:06

Stars In Autumn wrote:

Well, seeing as JackleApp won't be there, I doubt you'll run into that issue. EqD will be posting a link to the OP of this topic. So should the IRC just be the unspoken chatroom?

what's going to be the IRC server though?
I'm Decibelle, nice to meet you.

Check out the Right to The Point event!
DAW: FL Studio 10, Ableton 8
VSTs: Massive, Harmless, Sytrus, 3xOsc, Sylenth
Soundcloud
YT
Music Blog
Main Blog
TheLonging

Postby S.A.S.Falcon » 01 Sep 2012 12:10

sonikkureinbumu wrote:LINK!!!!! PLEEASE!!
CANNOT FIND IT EVEN THOUGH ITS PROBABLY SOMEWHERE SIMPLE!

The link isn't up just yet, the sync party doesn't start for another two hours, you're all good man just be patient
My Youtube channel
S.A.S.Falcon

PreviousNext

Return to Remix War