Sound Engineers Needed for Fallout: Equestria Audio Book

Do you have a project proposal that should involve music? Looking for collaborations? See if the community would like to help you.
Forum rules
Please be respectful towards musicians who are contemplating whether to help you or not.

Sound Engineers Needed for Fallout: Equestria Audio Book

Postby TheAudioPoject » 19 Feb 2016 22:37

Hello everyone, I'm Ben, the founder of The Audio Project (T.A.P.) with the goal to change the way audio books are done. We are currently working on making Fallout: Equestria into an audio book. Now before everyone get's all up in arms about not being original or for trying to rip off everyone else let me explain why we choose this story and what we are hoping to do differently.

The first reason we choose this pony fanfic is because not only does it attract mlp listeners but it's a crossover with the Fallout fandom, as well as the fact that there is a huge following of the Fallout: Equestria sub-fandom. The second reason is because there is so much going on in the chapters and story itself that allows us to do different things, try different things and break down barriers that have been preconceived for audio books. One of the things we want to do is cross an audio book with a radio play, which will provide you with the full description of the book, with the many different voices and sound effects.

The reason for this post/forum topic is to find a replacement for my sound manager who has had to step down due to life getting in the way. In order to speed up production and ensure a successful audio book project we are also looking at brining in several additional sound engineers who will work in unison with myself and the sound manager. We would need uniformity but the more people working on different chapters allows us to keep up with demand.

You can contact me on this site or send an email to [email protected]. Please be prepared to submit audio samples and explain what you are able to do as well as an explanation about how well you work with a team.

To see what we've already done you can see our progress at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt3omD ... BIEkZNhWsw
TheAudioPoject

Primary: Audacity, Adobe Audition
Cutie Mark: Project Manager

Re: Sound Engineers Needed for Fallout: Equestria Audio Book

Postby ExoBassTix » 29 Feb 2016 00:02

I'm not entirely sure how this is any different from what the Equestrian Broadcast Company is doing over yonder. Could you explain what the differences are?

I'll PM you, mainly because these kinda projects are really interesting to me.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby ph00tbag » 29 Feb 2016 18:04

Moved to Fan Project Recruitment, as this is less an event focused on promotion of Pony Music, and more a multimedia project that needs someone with experience in design.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby TheAudioPoject » 01 Mar 2016 22:39

ph00tbag wrote:Moved to Fan Project Recruitment, as this is less an event focused on promotion of Pony Music, and more a multimedia project that needs someone with experience in design.

Thank you. I am still very new to this site and I must say that there are tons of topics.
TheAudioPoject

Postby TheAudioPoject » 01 Mar 2016 23:10

ExoBassTix, thank you for showing interest in this project. I know you said you would contact me via email, I still want to answer the question you posed which is:
"I'm not entirely sure how this is any different from what the Equestrian Broadcast Company is doing. Could you explain what the differences are?"

What we are doing differently is we are taking the best aspects of radio play's and audio book readings. I'm fairly confident that at some point we have all listened to audio books which are created by companies (or by fans/projects) and they all have one, maybe two, readers who do all the voices whether male or female. They also don't have sound effects and on occasion play music for opening and closing the cd or some predetermined stopping point(s). While books are great world builders with their in-depth detail, Radio play's on the other hand have to rely on narration and sound effects to convey what's happening. The downside is that they have to limit the world building and detail otherwise they risk boring their audience to death and slowing the pace of the story.

Now what if you took the many voices, sound effects and then added that to an audio book reading? That's what we are trying to do, to change the way audio books are looked at. I know that when I read a book I make sound effects during critical moments of battle and I make it very interactive. I want that kind of vibrancy and excitement for the listener. I listen to audio books while I drive and I add in my own sound effects.

I do hope that helps you to better understand what we are trying to do.
TheAudioPoject

Return to Pony Fan Project Recruitment