EBC's "Fallout: Equestria" Radio Play needs composers

Do you have a project proposal that should involve music? Looking for collaborations? See if the community would like to help you.
Forum rules
Please be respectful towards musicians who are contemplating whether to help you or not.

EBC's "Fallout: Equestria" Radio Play needs composers

Postby Dalken Starbyne » 23 Aug 2015 23:54

Hey there, folks.

I'm Dalken Starbyne, and I'm the project lead for the Equestrian Broadcasting Company's radio serial adaptation of a little fan story some of you may know, called Fallout: Equestria. You can find our material here: [Grimdark Warning: listen at your own risk.]

Our music department is rather modest at the moment and Warbalist, our musical director, could use a few more good hands to keep things moving along. It's my hope that a few of you might be willing and able to help. I should note that we're still just a volunteer project, so I'm afraid we can't offer any kind of monetary compensation. We're just a bunch of folks who are really passionate about what we do, and we like to make sure it's the absolute best it can be. Also, if you're not familiar with Fallout: Equestria, then you should also note that it is a pretty dark and violent story at times, and that can get pretty visceral in our medium. If those don't turn you away, great! Let me tell you more about it.

We'd like anyone who's interested to apply, but in particular, we need more help with composing the background score. There would be no shortage of work, and you'd be cooperating with fellow creatives who know their stuff. With that in mind, there are a few areas of experience that'll come in handy (but aren't necessarily required) if you want on board.

In particular we'd prefer folks with experience with the following:

• Orchestration
  • World Music (with an emphasis on ambient)
  • Spotting film and/or radio

Again, experience in any or all of those areas isn't necessarily required, but it certainly does help.

If we bring you aboard, there's a few things you can expect. First of all, we communicate and organize primarily via Skype (although there are certain members of our team who prefer email or some other method, and we make every effort to reasonably accommodate such preferences). The majority of our resources are stored and organized on Google Drive, which you will be given access to as a full member of the team and will need to access as part of your work. There are a few common sense rules we have in order to maintain a respectful and professional atmosphere, but for the most part, while we take our work seriously, we like to joke around and have a good time. It's a volunteer project, after all, and we do this primarily to have fun. As well, proper credit is very important to us at the EBC, so anything you work on will have your name on it in some form or fashion. You'll also have the opportunity to work on other EBC projects on an elective basis. As well, you will be given a full orientation (which doesn't actually take that long) to get you more familiar with how we work and interact and give you a chance to meet other folks on the team.

If you're interested in becoming a part of our team, please indicate as much either in this thread or via PM, and I'll get you in touch with Warbalist so he can answer any questions you may have related to the music side of things. For anything else, I'll do my best to answer any questions you might have here. And from all of us here at the EBC, we hope to see you on the team!
Dalken Starbyne

Primary: FL Studio

Re: EBC's "Fallout: Equestria" Radio Play needs composers

Postby ExoBassTix » 25 Aug 2015 07:59

Yeah I'm interested. Passed you a PM :)
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Dalken Starbyne » 29 Aug 2015 03:03

Still taking applications if anyone else is interested. Got plenty of room as yet.
Dalken Starbyne

Postby Sayonara_Maxwell » 06 Oct 2015 15:44

Hmm, that might be interesting
Sayonara_Maxwell

Primary: FL Studio, Pro Tools 10
Cutie Mark: Note

Postby Dalken Starbyne » 06 Oct 2015 16:45

I looked over your YouTube and Soundcloud some. Could you shoot me a PM detailing some of your experience in further detail? I'd also like to chat a bit so we can see if you'd be a good fit with our team.
Dalken Starbyne

Return to Pony Fan Project Recruitment