--Introduction Thread-- Newbies Please Use This Thread First

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: --Introduction Thread-- Newbies Please Use This Thread F

Postby ExoBassTix » 04 Jul 2015 02:27

Hey there Q, welcome to MLR! You won't find a friendlier place to be with people to talk about music, the production thereof, and ponies!

Enjoy your stay, and remember that if you have any questions whatsoever, ask anyone, and you'll surely be helped out ;)
Last edited by ExoBassTix on 17 Jul 2015 07:32, edited 1 time in total.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Qub3d » 11 Jul 2015 19:06

Nice to know! I got a license for FL studio from a coworker to try out. I've just figured out sidechaining. I'm not really intending to do my own music from scratch (at least not in the near future) but I figured it would be a good idea to know what people need for vocals.
Qub3d

Primary: None Currently
Cutie Mark: Vocals

Postby zagros-xz » 20 Jul 2015 15:10

hi hi! !
zagros-xz

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby ExoBassTix » 01 Aug 2015 05:56

zagros-xz wrote:hi hi! !

Heyhohello hi there :D
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby silenthoof1989 » 08 Aug 2015 15:08

Hey everypony :D

i've been lurking on and off for a while and finally decided to make an account,
I've been doing music for around 9 years now, i started with guitar and soon started playing around with electronic music production, i hope to make lots of new friends here who share the same passion with music (and ponies ofc lol) :)
silenthoof1989

Primary: Ableton Live 9
Cutie Mark: Chillout, Guitar

Postby ExoBassTix » 09 Aug 2015 05:35

Hey there Silenthoof, welcome to the board! You won't find a friendlier hub for people who love them some music and ponies. Good to know we got more guitar players on the board, as the only ones that are regularly active on the board right now are (hopefully I'm not forgetting people) Acsii and SPP [EDIT- AND JOKEBLUE SORRY I FORGOT YOU ;3; ].

If you ever get any questions about music, the production thereof, ponies, or the board in general, ask anyone and you'll surely get an answer ;)
Last edited by ExoBassTix on 09 Aug 2015 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby FLAOFEI » 09 Aug 2015 08:19

Didn't you forget someobe Exo? Cough cough* (Jokeblue)
Yeah. Jokeblue is pretty active, and guitar person.

Anyway. Welcome Silverhoof, zarg and Qub3d.
Be aware of the deep water, Silverhoof. I imagine those hooves don't help your bouncy much. And as resident sharkpon, I will be lurking in the depths... Occasionally eating somepony... But don't mind that. The zarg-OS is a new revolutionary operating system, impervious from sharkpon hacking and slashing...
I'd include a joke about Qub3d aswell, but I'm a bit squar3, so I won't.

Welcome, and I hope you enjoy puns :P
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 10 Aug 2015 09:47

Welcome all new people! I hope you make more than 10 posts :3
Bronies Are Cool

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby DragonFire » 10 Aug 2015 15:49

Hi!, F1ak or DragonFireXD, (Which ever you prefer)
I use ableton live 9 but am going to switch to Apple Logic
I'm Fifteen and have played blues and classical guitar for a large majority of my life but got bored of it so I switched to electronic music.
I'm slow on Ideas but when I get them they're halfway decent, (I've only done music composition for about 8 months so I don't have a firm grasp on basic song-writing)
Rarity is best pony!
Here's my Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO56NI ... 6COG2Q4JfA

Edit: Fl studio 12 and I'm not going to switch daws as I was foolish enough to think one was better than the other.
Last edited by DragonFire on 16 Aug 2015 12:51, edited 1 time in total.
DragonFire

Primary: Fl Studio 12

Postby Kitara poika » 16 Aug 2015 07:18

Hello everybody/pony!

I´m Kitara poika (In english it means simply "Guitar boy" :grin: ) .

So yeah. I´ve been a brony about 3-4 years now. And I´ve start to make pony music last year. My music is mainly metal and rock. Sometimes orchestral or ambient. I also like to make covers from famous fandom songs. I also like to collaborate with peoples and most famous name´s I´ve worked with are probably Pinkie Rose and MegabyteBrony.

I use Fl Studio 11 with various VST´s and VSTI´s. Nothing much to tell about them. I play guitar and bass. I also like to sing alot. I do normal vocals and death metal growls (though I´m still practising those)

Other than that I like to draw and play videogames. I´m a bit shy person, but still I like to chat and make new friends.

And about my music taste. Well yeah I´m a huge metal and rock fan. Favourite subgenres are progressive rock/metal and extreme metal (death metal, melodeath, black metal, thrash metal etc.) but I also like many other subgenres. Sometimes I listen orchestral/classic music, country and ambient.

If you want to check out my music here´s my Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ94q2 ... SlS3gztD_w

Thanks for reading.

PS: If you have something to ask or something else. You can always send me a PM :smile: . .
Kitara poika

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Guitar

Postby Jokeblue » 16 Aug 2015 08:41

ExoBassTix wrote:Good to know we got more guitar players on the board, as the only ones that are regularly active on the board right now are (hopefully I'm not forgetting people) Acsii and SPP [EDIT- AND JOKEBLUE SORRY I FORGOT YOU ;3; ]

:3

But yes welcome Silent, Dragonfire, Kitara and whoevers names I missed.

Many things could be said but what I will say is YES MORE GUITARISTS WOOHOO
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby Unity » 25 Aug 2015 11:53

Hey,
I've been playing the guitar for about 10 years, but I only got into actually producing stuff 4 years ago, about the same time I started watching MLP.
Unfortunately, I didn't really have time to finish tracks in the last two years (A little tip: don't become a physics major if you value your free time and/or sanity!), so I'm just trying to get back into the swing of things right now.

I mostly make orchestral songs, though I'd like to branch out into more experimental genres once I know a bit more theory.
Unity

Cutie Mark: Orchestration

Postby ExoBassTix » 25 Aug 2015 12:55

Uhm... Experimental, and music theory? To each their own I guess xD
Welcome to MLR! This is a place for music, ponies, pony music and general friendly happiness and friendship. Sounds like you're gonna fit in just fine here.

If you ever have any questions about anything, ask ahead, you'll surely get an answer one way or the other from someone.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Unity » 25 Aug 2015 14:02

I mean, I'm probably not going to use too much theory when I make experimental stuff, but that's kind of why I don't want to do it just yet. I actually want to learn some theory and working on orchestral tracks is the best way to do that (at least for me).
Unity

Cutie Mark: Orchestration

Postby DUMBFABRIC » 13 Sep 2015 23:49

Oof well I'm here I guess.

I'm Dumb Fabric! I make pony related harsh noise. I also make regular noise under a different name but I didn't want to exactly associate that name with MLP (I've had it for years and years it would be out of place) so I made Dumb Fabric. I'm pretty active on the #bronymusic IRC and I'm trying to fit in with the music community but there's like 2 other brony noise artists. That's a hyperbole but it sure feels that way...
HARSH NOISE BRONY WOOOO LOOK AT HOW LOUD I CAN BE

But sometimes in a pinch I can do ambient noise or whatever I guess...

https://soundcloud.com/dumb-fabric
DUMBFABRIC

Primary: FL and Audacity, depending
Cutie Mark: A broken waveform probably

Postby FLAOFEI » 14 Sep 2015 14:34

Wellcome Mr Fabric!
May I call you Mr. Fabric? Or is that a dumb nic name :P

Noise is fun once in a while. I can't say I listen regularly, but I have a feeling I'm gonna wake up one day and need something to block out everything while I mosey along. Hope to see you around (especially for the pinkamena party albums :P)
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
FLAOFEI

Postby ExoBassTix » 15 Sep 2015 10:36

Great having you here Dumb Fabric! Nice to see that the brony noise is spreading out :P
Though, just two? There are way more for sure. I suggest you really dig through all Pinkamena Party stuff, and also this one split I did with Noize Pervertz (3ternal) about Nightmare Moon, Discord, Chrysalis and Sombra, respectively.
/self-plug xD

Well anyhow, I see you're already enjoying your stay so, uh ... welcome!
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby hipsterponyravenhorn » 18 Sep 2015 04:05

Hi, My name is HipsterPonyRavenHorn and I... well struggle a lot with music, but it's a huge passion of mine. I want to get better, I want to get in this community, I've wanted it for the longest time but I've always been to afraid. Well, my mental stability seems to be in a good point for me to break into a few uncomfortable things so I might as well start here.

A few things about me:
I was and am planning on going back to school for Audio Production
I technically am employed to do audio/visual editing for a youtube channel
I've played the bass on and off again for about 5 years now
My first two names are Luna and Octavia, though many of my friends just call me Tavi or Raven.
My right hand was torn off when I was in high-school, and though it was re-attached the reduction in movement that I experienced cut my several year streak of playing the flute weekly for practice hugely, as well as killed my ability to play most instruments since I'm also left handed, and would have to re-learn most of them.
I've played a total of about 14 or so instruments over the course of my life so far, most for a year or less.
And finally, my best Pony is Bon Bon, though I honestly could give you no logical reason as to why this would be.
hipsterponyravenhorn

Primary: FL Studio/Pro Tools

Postby Acsii » 19 Sep 2015 17:32

ExoBassTix wrote:Great having you here Dumb Fabric! Nice to see that the brony noise is spreading out :P
Though, just two? There are way more for sure. I suggest you really dig through all Pinkamena Party stuff, and also this one split I did with Noize Pervertz (3ternal) about Nightmare Moon, Discord, Chrysalis and Sombra, respectively.
/self-plug xD

Well anyhow, I see you're already enjoying your stay so, uh ... welcome!

Hey there's me too, I don't do specifically noise but I do make harsh experimental stuff
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby DUMBFABRIC » 20 Sep 2015 17:36

ExoBassTix wrote:Though, just two? There are way more for sure.

Yeah I know. I did say it was a hyperbole. To my knowledge there's ahh... There's Pupae, Supersaw Hoover, Cii, Spikey Wikey (sort of), Noise Spammer, and you and Noize Pervertz apparently...

DUMBFABRIC

Postby FLAOFEI » 23 Sep 2015 18:34

Welcome Hipster Pony raven horn... That's a long name... Pretty recognisable tho... Hi Raven!

I usually make bad puns about the new guys usernames... But that's kinda mainstream. I'll write a haiku instead!

My username puns...
To mainstream for a hipster...
Welcome to the board!

Anyway. If you wanna get good at something, the best way to learn is to do! So go make some music! This forum is full of useful information, and helpfull ponies, so ask away. Or just play around in the forum games. I do that.

Getting a hand torn off tho... Wow... That sounds both horrible and terrebly hardcore in a morbid kinda way...
I know a percussionist whos missing something like half her fingers. I'm always amazed at what she can do with her hands... No joke intended.
Percussion is probably slightly easier than fluit when it comes to such a handicap though... ( Hand-icap... That's that is a horrible pun and I am ashamed to write it, but it was just to good an opurtunity! Sorry if I offended you!)
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
FLAOFEI

Postby Jason Martin » 11 Oct 2015 20:26

I don't believe I put my Skype in here. I'm always looking for someone to talk to. My Skype is jasonmatin327.
Jason Martin

Primary: FL Studio 12

Postby FaithDragon » 25 Nov 2015 23:43

Can't believe I haven't found this site until now, but oh well, better late than never!

Hey, my name's FaithDragon, I go by Faith Dragon Music on YouTube and my focus of music is centered around Metalcore/Electronicore music, something that I've been listening to since 2010-ish.

I'm currently 19, been playing drums since I was 10, guitar since 12, and only just got into everything else that I currently do (Bass, vocals, synth, etc.) at 17, so I'm still kinda learning there, haven't really got much music released at the moment, but I'm trying to fix that.

I found this site thanks to the ToastBeard site, I somehow found my way here from clicking links trying to find out more about ToastBeard and considering joining the next ToastBeard that comes up.

That's about it from me. :D
FaithDragon

Primary: Acoustica MixCraft 7
Cutie Mark: Guitar

Postby DUMBFABRIC » 04 Jan 2016 01:16

FaithDragon wrote:I found this site thanks to the ToastBeard site, I somehow found my way here from clicking links trying to find out more about ToastBeard and considering joining the next ToastBeard that comes up.

Hey! I've been pretty active on Toastbeard recently myself. There's not a lot to know, just so long as you try your best to stay in the topic of the thread and don't take yourself seriously at all you'll fit right in. And come to the sync listens, they get lonely with no one around.

DUMBFABRIC

Postby wave of fake » 04 Jan 2016 01:23

hi everyone and im 偽 の 波 or wave of fake depending on who you ask

i make vaporwave and be existential

if you wanna have a split or something that would be cool just hit me up
artist name is 偽 の 波

i just want to die

click here to give up