East/West Composer Cloud?

This isn't a forum for specifically talking about production or posting your own music, but it is a place to talk about the music you are listening to.

East/West Composer Cloud?

Postby GhostXb » 29 Jul 2015 21:45

http://www.soundsonline.com/composercloud

Maybe this is old news for some, but I just found out about this, and I am intrigued. As far as I can tell, no one here has talked about it yet. Also as far as I can tell, this launched in April earlier this year.

So basically for a monthly subscription you can use 7, or all East/West virtual instruments. This makes it significantly easier for people to get into creating and writing orchestral music. As many may already know, one of the most difficult things about making orchestral, or cinematic music is the cost. If you want high quality samples, you gotta pay an arm and a leg.

This is similar to what Adobe did. I actually use Adobe Creative Cloud, and I think it's a brilliant idea. I'll gladly pay 60 or so dollars a month to use all adobe software, which I actually use and make money off of through freelance design work. Now the same principle applies to software instruments.

Up until now, I've never payed much attention to East/West. While They are one of the more well known sample library companies out there, and they definitely got quality stuff, I found their technology and recording techniques, and cost/quality ratio kind of dated. I personally prefer 8dio, as they are always making new stuff, I generally prefer their aesthetic, and they are more fairly priced in my opinion. However, having access to all East/West stuff for a monthly subscription is kind of a game changer for me.

Thoughts on this? Does anyone here use it?
GhostXb

Re: East/West Composer Cloud?

Postby CitricAcid » 30 Jul 2015 02:29

I use EastWest, but I don't use the cloud. I personally prefer to own the libraries rather than be tethered to a subscription in order to continue using them.
Image Image Image
CitricAcid

Primary: Cubase
Cutie Mark: Music scroll

Re: East/West Composer Cloud?

Postby GhostXb » 01 Aug 2015 23:13

CitricAcid wrote:I use EastWest, but I don't use the cloud. I personally prefer to own the libraries rather than be tethered to a subscription in order to continue using them.

I can definitely understand that. After giving it more thought, I don't think I'll get it. I already have a lot of what they offer. If I did get it, I would only use it for their reverb, their brass, and some of their percussion stuff.

I started making bigger investments in my music a few years ago. I've been adding to it ever since, and I have a sizable, (and costly) collection now. For me, this doesn't have a lot of value. If this was available when I was just getting started, and I had little money, this would have been the best thing since sliced bread XD!

While I don't see the value to me personally, I can definitely see the value for people getting started.
GhostXb

Return to Music Discussion