Hardcore-Techno (and similars) Discussion Thread

This isn't a forum for specifically talking about production or posting your own music, but it is a place to talk about the music you are listening to.

Re: Hardcore-Techno (and similars) Discussion Thread

Postby OfficeBats » 06 Apr 2014 23:04

forgot about this thread...

Speaking of festivals and such, tickets for Dominator 2014 are now up. Wish I could go but it costs like $80 for just one ticket. I also listened to a couple sets from MOH.
OfficeBats

Postby ExoBassTix » 07 Apr 2014 13:27

Masters Of Hardcore is always a blast, or so I've heard. I was hella confused when I saw a Hardstyle-only stage on its line-up this year though.

Pyrelight, Viricide and me are planning to attend Harmony Of Hardcore.
And I'm already scouting for second NORAD, Nov 30st :D
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby ExoBassTix » 22 Jul 2014 04:30

Time to get this discussion alive again.
Paul (Carnage from Carnage & Cluster) just finished the line-up for NORAD, which happens November 29th:

Area 1 N.O.R.A.D "Aerospace Control"
- Carnage & Cluster [Noisj, NL]
- Cemon Victa (Special Industrial Hardcore Set!) [Noisj, NL]
- Dark Like Hell [Dark Like Hell, IL]
- DJIPE [Noisj/Deathchant, NL]
- Jensen (Jensen / Human End) [Noisj, DE]
- Luxxer [Noisj, NL]
- Micromakine [Union Recordings, IT]
- Tymon [Industrial Strength Records, AU]
- Vague_Entity [Noisj, NL]

Area 2 Into The Dark Lands "Under The Dome"
- Embrionyc [Dark. Descent., DE]
- Emma Susanne [Dark. Descent., NL]
- Energetic X [Spirit Of Progress, DE]
- Hidden Rooms [Spirit Of Progress, NL]
- Kush [Noisj, NL]
- Mindustries [The Third Movement, NL]
- Sei2ure [Dark. Descent., NL]
- The Relic [Dark. Descent., NL]

Not particularly happy about Sei2ure being in area 2 (either let him weird up area 1 or get rid of him please; why the fuck even in area 2?!), but my god this line-up! Hidden Rooms, Energetic-X, Mindustries, Cenon Victa, fucking Tymon, totally awesome!

On that note, Into The Dark Lands has another event of its own over here September 6th. Let me get the line-up for that (it's really similar to this one):

23:00 - 00:00: Energetic X vs Hidden Rooms
23:00 - 05:00: Vocals: Emma Susanne
00:00 - 01:00: Electronic Mind Expansion vs Sound Abuse
01:00 - 02:00: Live: 2Junxion
02:00 - 03:00: Cubic Nomad
03:00 - 04:00: Peaky Pounder
04:00 - 05:00: Embrionyc

Partyflock states the line-up isn't finalized yet, but it looks done to me.
Enrico (Embrionyc/Energetic-X) is getting way too much love xD not that I'm complaining :P
But goddamn, EME vs Sound Abuse <3
It's weird cuz those two are the same guys. Maybe they're gonna mix their styles? Anyhow, they're awesome and I can't wait _O_

Anyone wanna come here and enjoy the battle with me at either event? I'm planning to attend both.
Perhaps also cool oppurtunity for a meet-up :D
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Viricide Filly » 23 Jul 2014 10:42

Dude I might come Idunno!
We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Primary: Hula Hoops
Cutie Mark: electric!1!11!

Postby Diss Order » 05 Nov 2014 05:46

Exo: Cool! A classmate of mine releases at Noisj. Demanufacturer. :)

I'm an ambassador for Theracords and will close the pre-party for the Training Sessions release party 6th of December with a raw/industrial/crossbreed b2b set. :D

Currently, when it comes to hardstyle, digging stuff like this:

https://soundcloud.com/delete_dj/warface-sasha-f-bring-it-to-them-raw-delete-remix
New aliases: Subhoofer, for online fandom stuffs. Name Not Required is for original stuff. :)

https://soundcloud.com/djnnr/lemons-2nd-preview
Diss Order

Postby ExoBassTix » 05 Nov 2014 08:42

Oh I'm friends with Demanufacturer haha :P cool!
I'm also having my own release on Noisj on, if things go according to plan, December 25th :D
I'll have to listen to the track you linked later, currently not able to.

Also I might have guaranteed free entry to all Noisj events after upcoming NORAD :D
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Diss Order » 06 Nov 2014 11:42

Hahaha lol, nice, how do you know him? Obviously I know him because we're in the same year of the Music Technology education at the HKU. :)

If I get out of this depression/inability to be productive soon, I'll make some industrial stuff to send to Noisj too. I like how open they are. :)
New aliases: Subhoofer, for online fandom stuffs. Name Not Required is for original stuff. :)

Diss Order

Postby ExoBassTix » 06 Nov 2014 17:40

Yeah, Carnage is a really cool dude, good friend of mine by now, as are most other producers at Noisj (that I know, at least). I mean, Xaero, Cyberstruct, Embrionyc, Starving Insect and the dude from The People's Republic Of Europe I can confirm are true bro's :P
I know Demanufacturer purely on Facebook actually, but we've talked some times and he's cool :P
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Mijka » 11 Jan 2015 09:17

Gosh, i should really check more often this board... Hardcore and "old" Techno-ish sounds are really important for me, something to do with the fact they are the very first electronic genres i listened to when i was younger... This kind of tracks (especially breakcore / mashcore ones) give me energy when i'm tired, and i'm so used to them it can even soothe me when i have headaches.

Funnily, i made a podcast just a month ago to introduce the genre to fellow (french) bronies, with samples of happy hardcore / UK hardcore, breakcore, Early Hardcore, gabber, Hard Trance, Hardstyle, Hard Dance, Mashcore, picocore, speedcore, fact about story of sampling (including songs like Ameno and the famous Amen Break, among others) and different related genres... and even 2 little mixtapes (softer Foozogz-filled "candy rave" and harder sounds) ~

Didn't checked every corner of the fandom but still managed to find 189 hardcore(electronic one)-related tracks and 18 sub-genres / related genres when i was "working" on the early preparation of these shows.
Mijka

Primary: Just horrible Audacity for podcasts.
Cutie Mark: No CM, i'm a griffon, silly !

Postby Diss Order » 18 May 2015 03:54

Hey Exo, will you be at Defqon? Some of my favs will be at the Silver (industrial) stage, among which Wavolizer, Ophidian, N-Vitral, Sei2ure, Deathmachine, and my classmate Demanufacturer. :D

The Yellow will be speedcore/frenchcore/terror on Saturday (Dr. Peacock, Noisekick, SRB, Sickest Squad, AK47, etc) and on Sunday hardtechno/schranz (without an MC! :D).

Enough reason to come hardcore-wise already, and I didn't even cover the Gold (90s/millennium hardcore), Black (hardcore mainstage), or Brown (freestyle stage) yet!

I'll also be at some other stages too though. Geck-o has super interesting experimental hardstyle sets nowadays (he'll be spinning hardstyle at the UV), and I'm not going to miss his Qultfest freestyle set at the White for the world!! And other hardstyle acts like Phuture Noize, Degos & Re-Done, Delete,Typhoon, etc. will probably be interesting too.

Especially looking forward to Delete and Typhoon at the Indigo (smaller raw hardstyle stage). Delete has killer tracks and Typhoon is about to release a pretty fresh album. Both have deliciously obnoxious and raw sounds, and I wanna go hard, so... Heh, hope they'll deliver.

https://soundcloud.com/xthrillogy/typhoon-vs-delete-firing-1
Free download: https://soundcloud.com/delete_dj/delete-fast-lane

This is my kind of musical junkfood. Simple, 4-the-floor, obnoxious and loud as fuck! :grin:

edit: Neglect the weird vocals/lyrics in the breakdown and build-up... I guess Typhoon, an Italian, provided the vocals, and they usually suck at English haha. :lol:

edit2: If Hardstyle really isn't your thing, I dig this a lot too!

https://soundcloud.com/prspct-recordings/sei2ure-the-messenger-ep-prspct-xtrm-012-out-july-21st-2014

Diss Order

Postby ExoBassTix » 20 May 2015 00:46

Well I've always wanted to go to Defqon 1 ever since I got into Hardstyle (back in 2012 I believe), and especially since two friends are playing (Demanufacturer and Dither) I especially wanna go. And yeah the line-up is soooo amazing. Damn Schranz area without an MC <3 tears of happiness.

But eh, there are not really any standing plans to make it happen this year. Mostly because money. But yeah I reeeeaaaaally wanna go. Perhaps if I can get some friends to join me, or if someone from here would go as well, then I'll definitely come. Hard gaan enzo :P
Oh and to show off my sick dance moves. Definitely coming to show off my dance moves.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Diss Order » 02 Aug 2015 15:20

So, did you end up going?

Demanufacturer is a classmate of mine btw. ;) Here's a pic he made during his set:

I'm the rainbow dork with the "GO TO HELL" pony shirt and the clenching jaws. :lol:

Diss Order

Postby ExoBassTix » 03 Aug 2015 02:31

Loool I see you. Didn't end up going but I think I saw the same photo come by on Facebook. And you told me once he's your classmate yeah :P coming schoolyear you'll get to see me at the HKU too, as I'm gonna start studying there too!

But yeah. No Defqon for me this year ;3; I did go to the last The Noisy Show at the Tilburg fair (10 fucking hours of madness). That was a party to never forget haha. Went with my buddy Lord Of Speed, which was something else as well :P
It was so much fun! And I've talked with almost everyone! I mean, I'm surprised I did; I might know them all on Facebook and a few know me on there as well, but to talk with them irl was a big challenge for me personally, so that was a big victory. Especially Ricardo from Cemon Victa and of course Paul & Bennie from Carnage & Cluster are such cool people haha. So friendly.
(And by god, I think I broke something when Pieter of TPROE played their track Redline \m/ )
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby ExoBassTix » 05 Aug 2015 14:59

Also guys, can I see some love for Noisj's upcoming party Into The Dark Lands "Origin"?
Some info:
It's on friday October 2nd from 10PM till 4AM, at Café Extase in Tilburg, The Netherlands. Tickets cost €10. Genres you can expect for this night are Dark Techno, Acid Techno, Doomcore, Darkcore, Industrial Technoid, Industrial Hardcore...

Line-up:
Hidden Rooms
Electronic Mind Expansion
The Relic
Sound Abuse
Sacerdos Vigilia
Emma Susanne (hostess, though I haven't seen her in the last two editions even thoush she was listed so, we'll see)

Line-up's fun xD because The Relic is the same guy as Hidden Rooms, and Sound Abuse are the same guys as Electronic Mind Expansion :3

So guys, who's up to joining me here? I can already tell you that it'll be a blast, as it always is at a Noisj party. Café Extase is pretty small fitting ... around 125 people? I'm not good at estimations like these. But it's very cosy, and well, this isn't that much of a heavy-duty party, so I don't expect more than 100 for sure. Also my experience with Café Extase is that the sound is really good and the place is cool enough and if it isn't you can easily go outside for a break and head back inside.

Do come join me please :3
Last edited by ExoBassTix on 08 Aug 2015 16:28, edited 1 time in total.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Diss Order » 08 Aug 2015 10:29

My problem with most of these parties is that none of my friends is into that stuff and I myself don't own a car, so I can never make it unless the party continues until 7am in the morning and I can just hop on a train back home again.

Waiting for public transit at 4~5am at night after having worn earplugs all night while you're all exhausted and wet with sweat out in the cold night... Yeeeeah that's asking for an infection.

So, sure, I'd love to come, but I'd love some means of transportation or at least a place to crash. Else I just don't visit club parties that end at 4~5am anymore.

Diss Order

Postby ExoBassTix » 08 Aug 2015 16:31

I might get picked up in a car by parents (though I might be crashing at a friend's place who lives at an hour walk from there). If I do get picked up by parents, I figure you could crash at my place :P

Oh and happy 3400 Image
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Previous

Return to Music Discussion