I am a __ year old producer...

This isn't a forum for specifically talking about production or posting your own music, but it is a place to talk about the music you are listening to.

Re: I am a __ year old producer...

Postby Toothpaste » 28 Jun 2014 02:02

I am a 17 year old producer. I use FL Studio Mobile + (rarely) GarageBand Mobile and whatever they can offer me. I make electronic music (I guess...?) and whatever else I happen to make (I'm terrible at defining genres), and my inspirations are Almost Anyone, Relient K, Owl City, KJ-52, PegaSix, Archie/Archie V/Desso, DrummerBot, FlightRushOfficial, Proctra, FritzyBeat, JayB, ClaviSound, Twitch, Baasik, Aftermath, Aviators, Awkward Marina, Replacer, d.notive, Blastie Beats, Caden L Welborn, Carbon Maestro, Makkon, The L-Train, Equestrian Lord, Cryoshell, dBPony, Dipi11, DJ Pon-3, Dzyogas, Echelon, Eurobeat Brony, Family Force 5, Feather, Flaedr, Forest Rain, Freewave, GatoPaint, Evening Star, General Mumble, SoGreatandPowerful, Gordon Lightfoot, H8_Seed, Howard Shore, Jeffthestrider, Brad Paisley, Kim Mitchell, IHazAPone, Sweedish Horse Mafia, Silva Hound, Koji Kondo, Koroshi-Yo, Lectro Dub, Linkin Park, The Living Tombstone, Glaze, M_Pallante/BronyFX, MandoPony, mesogears, MHM, Mic the Microphone, IBringDaLULZ, Mush, 4EverfreeBrony, Newsboys, Not A Clever Pony, Omnipony, Oodorato2, Phileo, PhillyPu, PhonyBrony, PinkiePieSwear, PonyFireStone, PrinceWhateverer, Bagpipe Brony/PsychGoth, Rabies Bun, Rainbow Crash, Sherclop Pones, Sim Gretina, Six of Lasers, SlyphStorm, StormWolf, StrachAttack, Port Blue, Swimming with Dolphins, Keehar, The Grizzly, Insect Airport, Adam Young in general, Two Steps From Hell, Weird Al, 7GreeNs, and about a million others that I forgot to mention and really should have mentioned.
Oh yeah, I also listen to a ton of music~ X3
Minty Fresh Productions!:
Toothpaste / PinkE_PartE / 18 Offence / Meyer / Thy60
PLEASE MESSAGE ME 4 DA COLLAB AND STUFFS owo
Check out my 'music' on YouTube and feel free to add me on Skype! --> thy.60
<insert wisdom>
Toothpaste

Primary: FL Studio Mobile
Cutie Mark: I'll figure it out someday.

Postby S.P.P » 28 Jun 2014 08:08

I am a 420 year old producer. I use microsoft paint and virtual quickscope simulator 2069. I make mad womps and quickscope scrubs, and my inspirations are snipars, snoop dogg and lil b based god. I also do 420 crossmap noscope and sometimes i 1v1 faze clan on rust.
S.P.P

Primary: FL Studio, Ableton, Pro Tools

Postby Viricide Filly » 29 Jun 2014 11:05

Toothpaste wrote:Oh yeah, I also listen to a ton of music~ X3

You mean you listen to a bunch of MLP music and some other various overrated non-brony musicians

"I am an 18 year old producer. I use FL Studio, Audacity, real instruments and IL Harmor, Massive, screaming into a microphone then paulstretching it. I make non-generic house, glitch hop, digitally made orchestral and vaporwave, IDM, chillwave, harsh noise, drone, ambient drone, ambient noise, plunderphonics, and my inspirations are DJ Shadow, The Avalanches, Daft Punk, Savant, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, Merzbow, Swans, Radiohead, Kraftwerk, Feed Me and the other hundreds of artists I have on my computer. I also do insulting people for their opinions, insulting people for their taste in music, insulting people for liking X, insulting people for not liking Y, insulting people for insulting people, insulting people for stereotyping things, insulting people for typing badly, insulting people for thinking 2 or 3 thousand songs is a lot of music, insulting people."
We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Primary: Hula Hoops
Cutie Mark: electric!1!11!

Postby Stuntddude » 29 Jun 2014 11:07

Viricide Filly wrote:You mean you listen to a bunch of MLP music and some other various overrated non-brony musicians

To be fair, "a bunch of MLP music" is entirely a subset of "a bunch of music".
Notebook Memories, the debut album from yours truly, is currently up on my bandcamp for free. Any feedback, encouragement, hate mail, etc. is highly appreciated! Even just listening is pretty cool of you tbh.
eery wrote:Next gen gaming: Just fucking get a dog.
Stuntddude

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: { }

Postby Toothpaste » 29 Jun 2014 11:27

Stuntddude wrote:
Viricide Filly wrote:You mean you listen to a bunch of MLP music and some other various overrated non-brony musicians

To be fair, "a bunch of MLP music" is entirely a subset of "a bunch of music".

Yeah, but Viricide is generally right. 90% of the music I listen to is either pony, pony-inspired, or made by a brony. XD

We now return to our scheduled program~
Minty Fresh Productions!:
Toothpaste / PinkE_PartE / 18 Offence / Meyer / Thy60
PLEASE MESSAGE ME 4 DA COLLAB AND STUFFS owo
Check out my 'music' on YouTube and feel free to add me on Skype! --> thy.60
<insert wisdom>
Toothpaste

Primary: FL Studio Mobile
Cutie Mark: I'll figure it out someday.

Postby Viricide Filly » 30 Jun 2014 13:46

About 0.3% of my music is brony music because I judge MLP music with the same standards I judge all music.
We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Postby CitricAcid » 30 Jun 2014 14:08

Viricide Filly wrote:About 0.3% of my music is brony music because I judge MLP music with the same standards I judge all music.

^This. But I greatly appreciate those who aren't as picky as you and I. If it weren't for them, no one would listen to my music.
Image Image Image
CitricAcid

Primary: Cubase
Cutie Mark: Music scroll

Postby Stuntddude » 30 Jun 2014 16:36

Viricide Filly wrote:About 0.3% of my music is brony music because I judge MLP music with the same standards I judge all music.

Good joke. I hope to god you're not seriously citing that as your sole reason. That would be a really, really sad attempt at a wise crack.

While we're all chipping in, around 1/4 of my library is brony music (that is to say, music by bronies who have made pony music, whether or not the music in question is pony music) because 1. I judge brony music to the same standard as other music and 2. I hang around the brony music community a lot, so it's a large volume (around 1/4-1/3) of the music I get introduced to.
Notebook Memories, the debut album from yours truly, is currently up on my bandcamp for free. Any feedback, encouragement, hate mail, etc. is highly appreciated! Even just listening is pretty cool of you tbh.
eery wrote:Next gen gaming: Just fucking get a dog.
Stuntddude

Cutie Mark: { }

Postby FLAOFEI » 30 Jun 2014 18:38

I honestly listen to almost no brony made music at all. A lot cause the genres I enjoy aren't exactly the most present in the fandom. Also cause if there are lyrics they usually feel silly to me. And thirdly, if they are in a genre I enjoy a lot of them aren't to interesting. And most importantly, even if there are a few good tracks it's usually just one or two that I enjoy on an album. Usually I can listen to most albums by a single artist or band, but with brony music that don't seem to work :/

That being said, anyone know of any good brony metal I might like?
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Lying Pink » 12 Jul 2014 20:31

FLAOFEI wrote:I honestly listen to almost no brony made music at all.

Same. I don't even watch the show. I just heard the first line of 'Discord' and I was hooked. You see, I really hate puppeteers. I don't even care that the rest of the song is about something different, I just find it affirming. So I keep listening to other songs from the fandom hoping to come across another one that gives me a brief moment of connection with someone who dislikes puppeteers as much as I do.

Lying wrote:I am a trip-hop year old producer. I use Bob Dylan and neurofunk. I make 24 and FL Studio, and my inspirations are painting and imagist poetry. I also do Audacity. Like comment subscribe pls
Fnord.
Soundcloud | Tumblr | Skype | YouTube | Email
/)__~
</</
Lying Pink

Primary: Reaper
Cutie Mark: Knees

Postby Viricide Filly » 15 Jul 2014 10:30

Stuntddude wrote:Good joke. I hope to god you're not seriously citing that as your sole reason. That would be a really, really sad attempt at a wise crack.

why would I be joking? I don't get it
We breakfast is e

Viricide Filly

Postby Ricky Denzel » 19 Jul 2014 16:07

I am a 17 year old producer. I use Ableton Live 8. I make Trap and [Dubstep], and my inspirations are 12th Planet, Flux Pavilion, Doctor P, Flosstradamus, Dillon Francis, Diplo, GTA, The Bloody Beatroots. I also do designs.
Never Validating My Bastardizing Remedy
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Triangle with an eye

Postby ForeverFreest » 29 Nov 2015 23:04

Hm, I am an 18-year-old producer, if producer is really the word I'm looking for. I use Cubase Elements 8 because I'm too broke to afford the really nifty version and I'll only pirate up to a certain extent. I'm really just a lyricist who got out of his yard, but I make lots of different sorts of music: Rock, rap, folk, techno-ballad, acoustic, what have you.

My influences are pretty varied, but I can't say how much any artist has ever affected my own music. In non-pony music I like The Black Keys, The Arcs, Chickenfoot, Led Zep, Def Leppard, AC/DC, Queen, GnR, Billy Joel, Jim Croce, Green Day, Eminem, House of Pain, blessthefall, Amon Amarth, Adam Young, Lights, and really too many others to mention.

In pony music I like AwkwardMarina (<3), IBringDaLulz, Wind Wolf, Ponyphonic, PrinceWhateverer, Plum Creek, and lotsa lotsa others. I wanna list all my brony music friends but that would just take way too long so if I know you and you make music and I already told you I like it, then just pretend you're listed here too. Cools!

https://www.youtube.com/user/ForeverFreest
ForeverFreest

Primary: Cubase Elements 8, Audacity
Cutie Mark: Lyrics/Vocals

Postby Injustrial » 11 Jan 2016 13:37

savage
Injustrial

Cutie Mark: Sh*t on Fire

Postby Mordecai Mapper » 27 Feb 2016 12:36

"I am a [15] year old producer. I use [FL Studio 12]. I make [Experimental Music] and [Noise, Breakbeat, Hardcore, Terrorcore], and my inspirations are [Aviators, &!, Crashie Tunez, Glaze, d.notive]. I also do [maps,draws,histories,videos]."
Mordecai/Mapper

Also know as MO)))RD
Mordecai Mapper

Primary: FL Studio 12
Cutie Mark: Heavy Metal Hand

Postby Viricide Filly » 08 Mar 2016 11:53

Mordecai Mapper wrote:"I am a [15] year old producer. I use [FL Studio 12]. I make [Experimental Music] and [Noise, Breakbeat, Hardcore, Terrorcore], and my inspirations are [Aviators, &!, Crashie Tunez, Glaze, d.notive]. I also do [maps,draws,histories,videos]."

You make music that consists of stock FL drums and sounds idk dude
We breakfast is e

Viricide Filly

Postby Donorox » 31 Mar 2016 16:46

I am a 15. I use FL Studio 12. I make Trap, Drumstep(not as often as the others), Dubstep(not nearly as often as the others), Hardstyle (sometimes, more often the Drumstep and Dubstep), Glitch/Glitch Hop, and House. More specifically for House I make Electro and normal Hosue. My main-stream inspirations are Deadmau5, Steve Aoki, Daft Punk, Avicii, Teminite, Pegboard Nerds, PIXL, Noisestorm, Zedd, Zomboy, Ephixa, Excision, The Glitch Mob, Flux Pavilion, Laszlo, Krewella, Rain Man, and Knife Party. My pony inspirations are WoodenToaster/Glaze, The Living Tombstone, DJ PON-3, Twitch/Avinoid, Jackle App/Griffin Village, Baasik, BlackGryph0n, Silva Hound, Slyph Storm, and Omnipony. My non-mainstream inspirations are Panos Savvidis, Seamless, and LDUK Music. I also do Tea Kwon Do, chatrooms(if that counts... :/), and voice acting.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCheiw8eXig_WVXT1yNbPslw
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/dj-donorox
As an extension of the Genres I make I may one day try Brostep but I'm still debating on it.
Donorox

Cutie Mark: The footprint from my logo

Postby Jason Martin » 16 May 2016 11:16

I am officially 16 now, so I guess that makes me an official part of the family...

I use FL 12, and I'm still pretty much a beginner. I've been writing stuff for quite some time, but only just barely started producing and stuff.

Also, I've changed my name to Jason Darklyte. Stupid CP system...
Jason Martin

Previous

Return to Music Discussion