** Music Discussion Forum Rules **

This isn't a forum for specifically talking about production or posting your own music, but it is a place to talk about the music you are listening to.

** Music Discussion Forum Rules **

Postby Freewave » 03 Jan 2014 16:52

This forum could fit in MLR Discussion (next to Off-Topic) but i think it fits in better in the production section as it is music focused despite the fact that it's not specifically intended to directly talk about production.

Here's just some basic rules I'm going to expect for this section:

1. If you want to only talk about brony music or the brony music community I recommend starting a thread in the MLP section and not this forum. That's not to say that if you have a thread on Ambient music that you couldn't mention Kyoga or a brony making ambient music. But this forum is going to include all kinds of music that is already made, and that can include <pony> or <non-pony>.

2. Genres are a great way to group discussions by theme or style. So having a multi-page "House Music Thread" is much better then opening up a thread on a single musician or band that makes House music. So please consider whether a thread is necessary before you start one but don't be afraid to open a new discussion topic.

3. Opinions are great but it's important that this forum remain a place for positive discussion. Trolling or thread derailement is not allowed. If you don't like a particular band or a genre it's ok to briefly state why if its on-topic with the thread but it's not ok to purposely start arguments. If you find a discussion getting heated please keep it civil, leave the thread if necessary, and hit the flag button if a moderator is needed.

4. If a topic goes off-topic please get it back on track. Moderators can be flagged down to clean up threads but please keep spam for the spam thread.

5. You can post your own music IF it's on-topic and in the appropriate thread but please keep that behavior to a minimum as it's more important to keep those posts for the Music Feedback forum.

6. Please know how to use spoilers to keep youtube embeds to a minimum so that pages load easier. Please try to post no more then 4 vids to a single post (not page) and with spoilers if you can please.

How to do this:
[spoiler=video)[youtube)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXr59ZKaVTI[/youtube)[/spoiler) . Dont' use ) instead of ] obviously

becomes
Spoiler video:

7. No illegal file sharing. We can't have it here.

8. Have fun and make good threads. The best way to make great music is to listen to good music and be inspired. Having a deep respect for existing music should not be ignored in pursuit of making your own.

If you have any questions or concerns for this new section please let me know.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Re: ** Music Discussion Forum Rules **

Postby ExoBassTix » 04 Jan 2014 04:00

You are a goddamn genius.

I think I'm gonna enjoy this section quite some. Thankies!

... Maybe sticky the what are you listening thread? :mrgreen:

Oh and for the love of god, enable quick replies D:
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Return to Music Discussion