Guitar Hardware General

Want to know more about cables and adapters? Is DJing the right way to go? Which violins go well with your guitar? It's time to find out!

Re: Guitar Hardware General

Postby Facade » 05 Sep 2013 15:29

^ this
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby Acsii » 05 Sep 2013 16:38

Check out pro guitar shop... They have some really nice unique pedals
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby JSynth » 06 Sep 2013 15:29

I use a DigiTech RP255 guitar pod. It's got all the effects that I need and more.
If I still am not happy, then I use Guitar Rig to fix it.

BTW, my guitar pod is about $150. Pretty good deal if you ask me.
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

DAW: Logic Pro 9
Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

Postby Acsii » 06 Sep 2013 15:46

I find multi effects pedals really stupid for doing gigs
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Postby S.P.P » 16 Sep 2013 02:13

Acsii wrote:I find multi effects pedals really stupid for doing gigs

Awful idea for gigging - get a rack.
But for at home, they can sound pretty great, and not a huge inconvenience like in a live setting.
S.P.P

Primary: FL Studio, Ableton, Pro Tools

Postby Acsii » 26 Sep 2013 17:53

We were talking about multi effects pedals... I use pedalboards although I have done some rack stuff
Acsii

Postby Acsii » 26 Sep 2013 17:53

PropellerEscape wrote:I'm quite interested in getting distortion stompbox when I save up some more money. I'm still browsing ATM but any recommendations are welcome :3

What kind of disto?
Acsii

Postby Conchetupony » 25 Oct 2013 21:08

A friend and I just made a Fulltone OCD clone. Sounds pretty good, just gotta build it on my own and I'll probably post samples or something
oops I dropped the bass

will you pick it up for me
Conchetupony

Primary: Ardour 3.3.1
Cutie Mark: Mindlessly rocking out

Postby Applejinx » 26 Oct 2013 02:28

Distortion stompbox?

You know there are a lot of genres… a LOT of genres where you can use the heck out of a TS9. Ibanez TubeScreamer, green stompbox, recenter ones even use the right op-amp chip in it so I'm told (though not any superfancy vintage chip)

On metal, it's a tone conditioner tightening bass and adding a particular crunch and grind to the top of your pick attack. On blues and rock whether semiclean, dirty or fuzzed out, it will fill out the tone and let you add a special gloss, especially on Strat pickups (don't push the input gain, let the pedal itself stay mostly clean even if you've got to turn it down and get your distortion out of the amp instead).

I'm not sure there's a better pick for 'not sure what to get and learning how to do this stuff pedal'. It's like an SM57 for speaker miking: can teach you how to do it, and reveal new usefulness the better you get, and some folks will stick with it no matter how far they go or how much money they throw at their rig because it's just the correct move in certain ways. The 57, it's because it focuses in on tiny areas of the speaker cone so well that you can really be super-exact in mic positioning and get an incredibly upfront, specific tone. The TS9, it's because the things it does are so broadly useful in so many contexts.
Applejinx

Postby Jokeblue » 27 Oct 2013 06:51

With Pedals, I started on your simple Boss Metal Zone through a Marshall amp. I used it to play mostly metal like Metallica and Megadeth, but I could change it around quite a bit to get different tones I wanted.

My friend in my old band played through a Boss Distortion pedal. He used it for Grunge and all sorts of Rock. I reckon, depending on whether its rock or metal, either of those could be a good starting point, maybe. I still use my Metal Zone pedal, too.

Talking on Multi-effects processors, I have a Line 6 Pocket POD, which is really good but also kinda bad. It's great for recording and if you're playing with just one setting the whole time but if you're playing live with it you cant swap from distorted to clean or anything, so thats pretty bad. It has some really good effects and options on it though, and It's really great being able to hook it up to your compy and make some custom tones. I've got some great presets on it which sound great for so many things, but because its designed as a small version of the normal POD, it's extremely fiddley and can become a hassle to use.

What I do with it when I do performances, well when i'm playing lead guitar at least, I use a clean with slight chorus and delay, and hook it up to my Metal zone. Swapping from Distorted to cleans also means quickly switching from bridge to neck pickup so that gets a little annoying when the switch is at the bottom of the guitar. Not that much of a hassle, but still.

But yeah. That's best used if you're playing lead lines. The delay kind of throws it off when you play rhythm.
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby Fl Brony » 01 Nov 2013 18:17

For amps I like to go with the Acoustic g20, personally I think it has good sound and even comes with a neat little booklet that helps with different kinds of settings. Overall good 20W 10" amp :grin:
I rap, make teh electronics, and try to be br00tz.
I also go by JokerCard for non pony stuff
My Youtube
My Soundcloud
I have a Tumblr...
I have a Twitter or something...

Fl Brony

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Blank Flank

Postby Facade » 20 Jan 2014 10:56

thinking about getting a bass guitar is this good for a not so noob but doesnt own one yet?
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-GSRM ... 1324105.gc
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

Facade

Postby azerty » 20 Jan 2014 11:22

Facade wrote:thinking about getting a bass guitar is this good for a not so noob but doesnt own one yet?
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-GSRM ... 1324105.gc
Ibanez makes really solid basses, if you can get one for a good price it'll make an awesome entry level instrument.

I'm not too keen on short scale basses, but that's just me; go with whatever you want there. I'd give this one a thumbs-up.
My YouTube (everything except music)
My SoundCloud
My Twitter @azertymusic (...wait, I have a Twitter?)

>>16555555
azerty

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: The Shogun Audio symbol

Postby Facade » 20 Jan 2014 13:54

awww cool gonna hopefully buy it tomorrow :D
Spoiler Quotes:

Facade

Postby Vivix » 23 Jun 2014 20:18

I see I am in a bit of a minority here, and late, I guess? I have always LOVED solid-state amps. I use a early 90s Roland JC-120, a late 70s cheapo Peavey Bass series 400 and a Hartke 5500 with an aguilar 4x10. The Peavey is great for really dirty fuzz. The JC is a bit too hissy for it, but works well for twangy skronk and has a very nice chorusy clean that I fell in love with a very long time ago. Despite my love for very hard fuzz and noisy guitars, however, I mostly record half clean stuff.

As for pedals I use the same pedals for bass as I do on guitar; Darkglass B7K, Big muff, dunlop face fuzz repro mini thingy, ds-1, dd-6, ibanez ad-9, two chorus pedals, crybaby wah and a boss fender reverb pedal. One of my dream pedals at the moment is a Shin-ei fuzz wah, amd shin-ei surf sirene wah!

I've amassed a few guitars and basses over the years, but my mains are some of the cheapest I own. An SX Telecaster, and a Coxx J-60, if I remember right. I broke the neck on that bass, and tore apart most of the electronics over the years. It's got an allparts neck and seymour pickups in it now, and is probably my favourite instrument and the only one I will never sell.
Vivix

OS: Windows, MS-DOS 6.1, ARCH Linux, Raspbian Linux, Debian Linux.
Primary: Cubase
Cutie Mark: Noise bass

Postby Acsii » 21 Apr 2015 00:27

So I'm gonna bump this thread lol just to post what my current pedal board is and what I want it to be.

Current:
GAT -> Dunlop Dry Baby Classic -> EHX Big Muff Pi -> Korg AX3G -> Home Made Spring Reverb -> AMP

Future:
GAT -> TC Polytune -> Dunlop Cry Baby Classic -> Free The Tone Silky Comp -> EHX Big Muff Pi -> Fairfield Barbershop -> JHS Colour Box -> MXR Analog Chorus -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress -> JHS Panther Cub (Might go the full size) -> TC Electronics Nova Delay -> Home Made Spring Reverb -> Dr. Scientist Reverberator -> Boss Space Echo -> Z. Vex Super Hard-On -> JHS Morning Glory -> Klon KTR -> JHS Mute Switch -> AMP
Acsii

Previous

Return to Hardware/Tracking/Performance Advice