Need Help With Daft Punk Vocals

Discuss tips, tricks, and the creative process of music creation. Post HELP threads here

Need Help With Daft Punk Vocals

Postby Electric Velocity » 28 Jul 2013 20:52

I've been working on a Daft Punk style song with Daft Punk style vocals. I have to use Fruity Vocoder since I don't have a talkbox. I need help mostly with making my vocals sound robotic but also clear. I could send someone the .flp but that could be a hassle because of unique vsts and plugins. I don't know. I just need someone who knows how to make it sound right. I've exhausted myself trying to add the right effects and such and now I feel like there's nothing else I can do. I'll post the song privately on Soundcloud so just message me if you think you can help and I'll give you the link.
Electric Velocity

Re: Need Help With Daft Punk Vocals

Postby Freewave » 28 Jul 2013 21:16

look through the threads in here using the words vocoder and autotune. Glaze himself seems to have commented in most of those threads which is pretty impressive.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Re: Need Help With Daft Punk Vocals

Postby itroitnyah » 28 Jul 2013 21:26

Here is the Image-Line manual on the Fruity Vocoder, and here is a quick Fruity Vocoder tutorial on how to create a robotic-like sound in the voice you're trying to make sound like a robot. Other than that, you just need to play around with the oscillator, try out different waveforms and octaves and pitches until you get it right.

If this didn't help you, Glaze will probably role around here while I'm asleep, he'll be able to help you. Assuming he's going to come here, since he's at every vocoding thread, lol
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Return to Technique