Pony Dubstep Songs Needed!

Discuss tips, tricks, and the creative process of music creation. Post HELP threads here

Pony Dubstep Songs Needed!

Postby Ether » 12 May 2013 20:58

Hey guys, I'm playing my 5th gig next Saturday, and I'd like to know if there are any good Pony Dubstep songs I can play. Here's the kind of stuff I want.
Ether

Re: Pony Dubstep Songs Needed!

Postby the4thImpulse » 12 May 2013 21:44

'good' is an opinionated word. I have heard very, very, little 'good' pony dubstep so I have to ask; what constitutes as good?

The vast majority is poorly mixed/produced, if you want bulk then just search in youtube 'my little pony dubstep'
and you will likely find a playlist with a bunch of, at best, average songs. Sorry, its just my opinion, even my own music doesn't live up to my standards.

What kind of gig is it that you want to play pony music?
the4thImpulse

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby itroitnyah » 12 May 2013 21:57

Yeah, as 4th pretty much said, pony music isn't usually good enough to be played on a club system and sound good. Just go and listen to a long 2-hour dubstep mix on youtube and take a note of all the songs that you think are good enough to be played. Just remember it's not what you like, it's what the crowd likes.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 13 May 2013 01:47

Avoid show remixes.
Beleive it or not, most people are confused by songs about cupcakes with wubs in them.
And remember, it's not about what you like, it's about what the croud wants.

If that means mixing between Nicki Minaj and Swedish House Mafia, so be it.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby S.P.P » 13 May 2013 05:13

Try checking out Silva Hound, AlexS, and Omnipony. Although strictly they aren't "dubstep producers", they have a fair few dubwub tracks. The Living Tombstone also has a few (Rainbow Nukestep springs to mind), and you might find a couple from TuXe. I think GaugeN does dubstep too. Other than that it's just a case of listening to music and finding them for yourself.
S.P.P

Primary: FL Studio, Ableton, Pro Tools

Postby Lavender_Harmony » 13 May 2013 05:22

Be wary of songs by Omni and Blaze, they don't transfer into a DJ set very well, as they love to put stereo spread on their subs which totally kills the low end when summed to mono, as many clubs do.

Honestly, I'd go on beatport and pick up some decent tracks, rather than playing some sub par pony music. Just my opinion.
Lavender_Harmony

Primary: Not yet specified.

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 13 May 2013 06:28

^ that constant, overbearing hum is kinda starting to bug me..
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Postby Lavender_Harmony » 13 May 2013 07:08

Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:^ that constant, overbearing hum is kinda starting to bug me..

I have no idea what this post means xD
Lavender_Harmony

Postby vladnuke » 13 May 2013 08:45

Just search around, man, there are always a few good ones.

Just look at Baloon Party.
vladnuke

Postby Navron » 13 May 2013 09:07

Check out the Balloon Party album. A few songs that come to mind that probably fit what you're looking for:

ArtAttack - Break It
Six of Lasers - They Will See Me
Senntenial - Bronies are Weird
Sci - Hurricane Dial
Silva Hound and ArtAttack - How Far We've Come
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Postby JSynth » 13 May 2013 11:27

Is this gig for a brony meetup or something?
Cause I would not play pony music to a non-brony crowd.

the4thImpulse wrote:'good' is an opinionated word. I have heard very, very, little 'good' pony dubstep so I have to ask; what constitutes as good?

The vast majority is poorly mixed/produced, if you want bulk then just search in youtube 'my little pony dubstep'
and you will likely find a playlist with a bunch of, at best, average songs. Sorry, its just my opinion, even my own music doesn't live up to my standards.

lol, I'm comming out with my first dubstep song. Its in no way up at that standard.
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

DAW: Logic Pro 9
Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

Postby Raddons » 18 May 2013 20:17

Raddons

Postby Lavender_Harmony » 21 May 2013 21:36

Kyoga wrote:
Lavender_Harmony wrote: they love to put stereo spread on their subs which totally kills the low end when summed to mono, as many clubs do.

XD you just can't let that go, can you?

If I let it go, that would mean I had given up trying to teach people good mixing practices. But hey if you want to ignore advice from a professional, be my guest.
Lavender_Harmony

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 21 May 2013 22:36

Lavender_Harmony wrote:
Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:^ that constant, overbearing hum is kinda starting to bug me..

I mean tracks with too much sub.

Kinda bugs me.

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Postby Lavender_Harmony » 21 May 2013 22:52

Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:
Lavender_Harmony wrote:

I mean tracks with too much sub.

Kinda bugs me.

Yeah, I think drops that just have a sub running constant throughout, especially just a single note, sound awful. They have no dynamics, no impact, no movement.
Lavender_Harmony

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 21 May 2013 23:32

Lavender_Harmony wrote:Yeah, I think drops that just have a sub running constant throughout, especially just a single note, sound awful. They have no dynamics, no impact, no movement.

I get what you mean, I prefer to just have a quiet sub under a few things.

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Postby Dr. Plague » 27 May 2013 18:51

PYR3LIGHT wrote:The Living Tombstone also has a few (Rainbow Nukestep springs to mind)

Just imagining the random AJ sample playing at a club and the crowd's reactions... that'd be hilarious.
Now Nyxus
Soundcloud
Genres of choice: basically just EDM
Strengths: Compressing the shit out of already compressed stuff
Weaknesses: All that other stuff you do in music
Dr. Plague

Cutie Mark: I'm human, not a pony

Postby Sonarch » 27 May 2013 22:03

I think it would be interesting to have an event based on making some 'good' pony dubstep, and you all could help people with good mixing practices and avoiding all the aspects that make a lot of pony dubstep sub-par. Of course, that could definitely be translated to dubstep in general too...
My goal is to be capable of making any kind of music that strikes my fancy, and do it well.
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Postby the4thImpulse » 27 May 2013 22:50

Sonarch wrote:I think it would be interesting to have an event based on making some 'good' pony dubstep, and you all could help people with good mixing practices and avoiding all the aspects that make a lot of pony dubstep sub-par. Of course, that could definitely be translated to dubstep in general too...

Its sub par because very very few people here have the experience to make commercial quality music. It takes most people many years to get to a commercial level. I would like to see it done and I would be willing to help out especially in mixing and mastering areas, but I'm not optimistic it can/will be done.
the4thImpulse

Postby Sonarch » 28 May 2013 16:52

the4thImpulse wrote:
Sonarch wrote:I think it would be interesting to have an event based on making some 'good' pony dubstep, and you all could help people with good mixing practices and avoiding all the aspects that make a lot of pony dubstep sub-par. Of course, that could definitely be translated to dubstep in general too...

Its sub par because very very few people here have the experience to make commercial quality music. It takes most people many years to get to a commercial level. I would like to see it done and I would be willing to help out especially in mixing and mastering areas, but I'm not optimistic it can/will be done.

Well of course, but it would be a nice way to have some people who know what they're talking about actively helping a group of people to make better, but not necessarily commercial quality, dubstep.

Maybe when I get around to trying out dubstep production I could make a thread thing and invite other people to work on/give advice on dubstep in a group.
My goal is to be capable of making any kind of music that strikes my fancy, and do it well.
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Postby the4thImpulse » 28 May 2013 17:09

Sonarch wrote:Well of course, but it would be a nice way to have some people who know what they're talking about actively helping a group of people to make better, but not necessarily commercial quality, dubstep.

Maybe when I get around to trying out dubstep production I could make a thread thing and invite other people to work on/give advice on dubstep in a group.

I think it would be best to work with a small group of people, I think the heart of the lesser known album wanted to be like this, artists helping each other. It sorta failed in that regard when it got to big. Get a small group, no more than ten, and you should be able to do something good over the course of a few months.
the4thImpulse

Postby Sonarch » 28 May 2013 17:15

the4thImpulse wrote:
Sonarch wrote:Well of course, but it would be a nice way to have some people who know what they're talking about actively helping a group of people to make better, but not necessarily commercial quality, dubstep.

I think it would be best to work with a small group of people, I think the heart of the lesser known album wanted to be like this, artists helping each other. It sorta failed in that regard when it got to big. Get a small group, no more than ten, and you should be able to do something good over the course of a few months.

I like this idea, I shall see about doing it when I have time...
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Postby Dabrenn » 08 Jun 2013 22:57

The only "Brony" artist that I know of who makes what has been called "commercial quality music" in this thread would probably be Archie, although he produces house. His song "One More Cupcake" is dubsteppy, but doesn't feature any pony samples I don't think.

If you're just using a straightforward mobile PA system, I think playing Omnipony wouldn't be too bad, he's the only pony dubstep producer I like at all that I've heard.
Dabrenn

Postby Mr.Afrox » 25 Jun 2013 14:56

Mr.Afrox

Primary: FL STUDIO 11.04

Return to Technique