<pony><original><light eurobeat/d&b>Crystal Realm

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

<pony><original><light eurobeat/d&b>Crystal Realm

Postby Thunder Dash » 05 Oct 2013 09:19

Here's a nice light eurobeat that I just finished last night. It features two easter eggs.

Critique is wanted.

https://soundcloud.com/thunder-dash-alternative/crystal-realm
Thunder Dash

Primary: Presonus Studio One 4 Artist
Cutie Mark: Piano

Re: <pony><original><light eurobeat/d&b>Crystal Realm

Postby Conduit » 06 Oct 2013 13:48

This is really nice. It's simple, but I think part of the beauty comes from that. For the most of the parts with synths though it feels muted somehow, like you ran the entire thing through a low pass or something. Play with some eq to see if you can bring out some high end sparkle in the mix, its just really lacking the punch and shine that is normally characteristic of eurobeat.
https://soundcloud.com/flatflish/a-warm-past

DAW: Logic 9
Vst's: Absynth, Battery, FM8, Guitar Rig, Kontakt, Massive, Maschine
Real Instruments: Acoustic/Electric Guitar, Cello, Piano

YoutubeSoundcloudTutors ThreadSkype: FlatflishImage
Conduit

Primary: Logic Pro 9
Cutie Mark: Strings

Postby Thunder Dash » 06 Oct 2013 14:40

Conduit wrote:This is really nice. It's simple, but I think part of the beauty comes from that. For the most of the parts with synths though it feels muted somehow, like you ran the entire thing through a low pass or something. Play with some eq to see if you can bring out some high end sparkle in the mix, its just really lacking the punch and shine that is normally characteristic of eurobeat.

To be honest, I didn't run this song though anything. It's probably the software. I characterized this song as "light" eurobeat. So it doesn't pack as much of a punch as regular eurobeat.
Thunder Dash

Primary: Presonus Studio One 4 Artist
Cutie Mark: Piano

Postby Conduit » 06 Oct 2013 19:06

I wasn't saying that you did, just it sounds like it because none of your synths have any high end. It makes the song sound muted, and could be improved by adding some high end sparkle to the high hats, along with some corrective EQ on the synths.
https://soundcloud.com/flatflish/a-warm-past

DAW: Logic 9
Vst's: Absynth, Battery, FM8, Guitar Rig, Kontakt, Massive, Maschine
Real Instruments: Acoustic/Electric Guitar, Cello, Piano

YoutubeSoundcloudTutors ThreadSkype: FlatflishImage
Conduit

Primary: Logic Pro 9
Cutie Mark: Strings

Postby randomblockfilms » 11 Oct 2013 20:59

mmmm dis be soundin' mighty fine. the chords and notes and instruments used are very good too. especially towards the ending. i like the second half the best. i think the only improvement that could be done is similar to what Conduit said.

This is most definitely easier said than done but try to make your lead and such stand out more rather than get drowned out by background sounds. and try to balance out the sounds so that they fit together better. basically, mastering. although im no expert as to how exactly to do that, i do know that it takes a lot of patience, practice, and listing to things over and over again.
mahYoutubeChannal

Take my advice with a grain of salt as i too am learning how this music stuff works
English is my native language but it is defiantly not my forte.
randomblockfilms

Primary: Ableton 8

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice