First Pony Remix - Winter Wrap Up (WIP)

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

First Pony Remix - Winter Wrap Up (WIP)

Postby John » 22 Aug 2011 21:27

Hello everypony! I guess this can kind of serve as an introduction of me as well. If there happens to be one I find, I'm sure I'll go into more depth at that point. So anyways, I'm John, aka Jawn, aka Johngotti0831. I've been remixing music since 2007, mainly video games. Mind you, at that time I was terrible. I'm not the most fantastic remixer around, but there's quite a few who like what I do. I make remixes for fun for the most part, I mainly started to have something I would be interested in listening to. It just so happened others liked my stuff as well. Most of my stuff is free and offered as such, though I do have a video game remix album up on bandcamp: http://johngotti0831.bandcamp.com/album/shifting-through-the-systems for four dollars. I basically just did that because I was going through a rough patch, and didn't want to beg for donations. Whatever I am rambling at this point, lol.

SO YEAH! What everyone came here for, also yes I know Winter Wrap Up is remixed A LOT. That does not stop my love for the song ha. I really wanted to do this, so I am. Still kind of unsure the direction I want to go with it. Sometimes I like to try and keep the songs similar to how they originally sound, that's just my preference though. So yeah why don't you all tell me what you think XD. Feedback is always good.

http://soundcloud.com/johngotti0831/winter-wrap-up-wip
My Facebook Music Page
My Youtube
My Bandcamp

When I find other stuff to post here, I shall.
John

Re: First Pony Remix - Winter Wrap Up (WIP)

Postby NightColt » 22 Aug 2011 22:00

First off, welcome! Always nice to see a new face (well, so to speak) around here!

I like what you've done to WWU here. It keeps to the original song, but it's simple and mellow - something that you can just sit back and chill to on a quiet, lazy day. Not sure if you'll be able to carry it through the end of the song though because it's so... ambient (so it's more of a soundtrack thing- maybe it could fit somewhere in a fan-game). Though don't take my word for it - It'd be cool to see what else you can come up with.

EDIT: Reggae. If you can write reggae, that would be an awesome direction to take this.
I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES.

THAT IS ALL.
NightColt

Postby Facade » 22 Aug 2011 22:42

i'm impressed, very chill i like it ^.^
just needs to be longer, needs to be 20% longer (i bet you saw that coming)
edit: wow i'm tired just saw that this is wip off to bed for me night guys (and girls?(are there any here?))
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby Interrobang Pie » 23 Aug 2011 05:40

Not a bad start at least, but it's beginning to sound like a cover. Sort of.
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby John » 23 Aug 2011 14:51

Interrobang Pie wrote:Not a bad start at least, but it's beginning to sound like a cover. Sort of.

Haha yeah, sometimes I make these little WIP demos and then the original sounds a lot different. There have also been times I've stopped all together. I dunno if it's just going to end up being a cover, we'll see what happens.
My Facebook Music Page
My Youtube
My Bandcamp

When I find other stuff to post here, I shall.
John

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice