Diamond Dog Mines racing theme

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

Diamond Dog Mines racing theme

Postby Makkon » 22 Aug 2011 15:48

Sounds more like a Pinkamina ax murder chase through her basement, or a Mecha Pinkie boss battle.
youtube | deviantart | tumblr

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Re: Diamond Dog Mines racing theme

Postby JackleApp » 22 Aug 2011 16:36

Kicks the everloving shit out of mine O:
Damn, sir.
That is awesome.
Image DA MAGIKS
JackleApp

Postby ClutterTrot » 22 Aug 2011 17:36

Oh, now what do I do with this track? Hm... Okay, I'm going to make this the theme music of the Invading Illithid, and move Dethonator's "Cupcakes" to the track that plays when you lose to the final boss.
ClutterTrot

Postby Senator Myth » 22 Aug 2011 17:45

Incoming massive assholery. I apologize, but it's only because I love and respect you, Makkon. <3

I know you've heard this from me before about the ponykart music you've made, but this is far too dramatic for a racing theme. In my opinion. People don't really think that the battle theme I wrote works as a battle theme, so maybe I'm just awful at conceptualizing music for games. So maybe you should take my criticism with a grain of salt.

To me, it sounds an awful lot like No Strings Attached. And I didn't really like that piece (am I the only one who doesn't think JefftheStrider is all that great)? This song sounds overly dramatic and scary, yet somehow also generic. I guess what bothers me most is that the Diamond Dogs are by no means scary villains, and this song makes them seem as though they are. This sounds more like the effing Mines of Moria than the Diamond Dog mines, you know what I mean? The Diamond Dogs are silly and utterly unthreatening, and I don't really get that from this song. But hey, you're actually a part of the development team, so maybe you really plan to ramp up the badassery on them or something.

Again, I'm only being this critical (read: jerktastic) because you're Makkon and awesome and in my opinion you can do better. I don't know, just not really feeling the magic on this one. =\
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
-Nietzsche
My music can be found here. Please check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SenatorMyth
Senator Myth

Postby Dr_Dissonance » 22 Aug 2011 17:53

I'm assuming the Diamond Dog Mines are a scary "HOLY JEEBUS, run! Finish the race, hurry!!!" type of track and if so, you did a great job! :P

I feel it's way too heart-pounding to be a traditional kart racing piece though...maybe because of those nice drum samples!

*edit, Senator put a better post above me...sneaky sneaky!*
Tubeyou
You are the hero My Little Remix deserves, not the one it needs.
So we’ll hunt you. Because you can take it. Because you’re not our hero.
You’re a silent guardian of music, a watchful protector of songs.
A doctor of dissonance.
-Phillypu
Dr_Dissonance

Postby Makkon » 22 Aug 2011 22:33

I totally agree, while I was working on it, it sort of got to the point of "well, this doesn't feel like ponies anymore at all. I like it though, might as well finish it."
I highly doubt it'll get used anyway, but I am personally proud of some of the sounds I was able to pull off. I agree it sounded generic, I sort of set myself up for that considering the elements that I ended up using anyway.
And Jeffthestrider is a PIMP. Don't you forget it.

Thanks for your feedback! And you never need to feel bad about being honest, this is good to know. I completely agree that it doesn't fit the theme at all. I'm still happy with it regardless, though.
youtube | deviantart | tumblr

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby ponyoxy » 23 Aug 2011 04:31

Great work as always, but yeah it doesn't fit with a racing game. But maybe if they do a God of War like with ponies :lol: .
Gentlecolts? It seems I am not the only brony here.
ponyoxy

Postby Interrobang Pie » 23 Aug 2011 05:43

ponyoxy wrote:it doesn't fit with a racing game.

Plus it is far inferior to Locomotive Rush or whatever.
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice