Pinkie Pie's Cavatina

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

Pinkie Pie's Cavatina

Postby Glingal » 20 Aug 2011 06:26

I would like to consider this part of my pony piano song cycle as completed, but I thought that before publishing it and moving on to Rarity, I'd post it as a work in progress to see if there's anything that you think needs to be changed. If you think the whole thing is terrible and needs to be completely reworked, I'm certainly open to hearing that, as long as you give a suggestion!
Thanks in advance for your advice.

http://soundcloud.com/glingal/work-in-progress-pinkie-pies
Glingal

Re: Pinkie Pie's Cavatina

Postby Dr_Dissonance » 20 Aug 2011 08:56

Very quirky! Fits Pinkie very well!
Once again, it's a good length for what it is, so if you're going to add more, add more material as well!
But sounds good so far!
Tubeyou
You are the hero My Little Remix deserves, not the one it needs.
So we’ll hunt you. Because you can take it. Because you’re not our hero.
You’re a silent guardian of music, a watchful protector of songs.
A doctor of dissonance.
-Phillypu
Dr_Dissonance

Postby NightColt » 20 Aug 2011 09:33

The only thing that it's really missing is some sheet music =)

And maybe a second of silence at the beginning because some programs don't like to start at the very beginning of audio files. But that's just a tiny thing that doesn't affect the composition whatsoever. It's a really great piece!
I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES.

THAT IS ALL.
NightColt

Postby Senator Myth » 20 Aug 2011 10:09

We need to make sure to show this stuff to Artemus. He loves piano.

And these piano pieces are really quite beautiful! I can't think of anything to say against it, except that it could probably be extended. And do more! These pieces reflect the personality of the ponies quite well, and I can't wait to see what you do for Rarity.
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
-Nietzsche
My music can be found here. Please check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SenatorMyth
Senator Myth

Postby Glingal » 20 Aug 2011 17:33

Dr_Dissonance wrote:Very quirky! Fits Pinkie very well!
Once again, it's a good length for what it is, so if you're going to add more, add more material as well!
But sounds good so far!

Thank you once again for your encouragement!

NightColt wrote:The only thing that it's really missing is some sheet music =)
And maybe a second of silence at the beginning because some programs don't like to start at the very beginning of audio files. But that's just a tiny thing that doesn't affect the composition whatsoever. It's a really great piece!

Thanks for the suggestion of adding some silence beforehand; I've done that now for both this piece and my other completed song. I'd be very happy to share sheet music, but be warned that it isn't exactly what one would call readable: that is, I took the fast way out and wrote all of the piano parts on the one set of treble/bass clefs, but I do plan on cleaning it up at some point, so if you'd like I could clean it all up and then share it?

Senator Myth wrote:We need to make sure to show this stuff to Artemus. He loves piano.
And these piano pieces are really quite beautiful! I can't think of anything to say against it, except that it could probably be extended. And do more! These pieces reflect the personality of the ponies quite well, and I can't wait to see what you do for Rarity.

Thank you very much; I'm glad that you do find they match the ponies, since something that might say Pinkie Pie to me might not always say the same to someone else. Hopefully I can get a work-in-progress for Rarity up in about a week.

Thanks very much to all of you for the kind words! I think that in the light of them, I can declare this part finished and move on to Rarity (uni work permitting, as always).
Glingal

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice