Serenatina for Twilight Sparkle

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

Serenatina for Twilight Sparkle

Postby Glingal » 20 Aug 2011 06:10

Hi everypony!
I'm very new to bronydom, and to composing as well, but I was invited over here by Doctor Dissonance. This is my first completed composition - yes, it's quite short (the name doesn't end in '-ina' for nothing, after all), but the goal is ultimately to create a continuous song cycle of about 10 minutes comprising pieces for each of the mane six. Twilight is completed, and is below; I'm at the moment putting the finishing touches on Pinkie, and I'm currently sketching out Rarity. Please let me know what you think, and remember, both positive and negative feedback are equally important, and honesty is an Element of Harmony, so please, share your thoughts!

Glingal

Re: Serenatina for Twilight Sparkle

Postby Dr_Dissonance » 20 Aug 2011 06:16

Ah you made it! Welcome to the forums!

As for the piece, I enjoyed it! I think it's a good length for what it is, so if you're adding to it, put new material in there!
But good job with what you've done!
Tubeyou
You are the hero My Little Remix deserves, not the one it needs.
So we’ll hunt you. Because you can take it. Because you’re not our hero.
You’re a silent guardian of music, a watchful protector of songs.
A doctor of dissonance.
-Phillypu
Dr_Dissonance

Postby Glingal » 20 Aug 2011 06:29

Thanks very much for the welcome - I've had a listen to some of your pieces, and I do have to say that they sound great. I especially enjoyed Rarity's battle theme - you're a very talented composer, and a fellow Australian to boot (I'm living in Brisbane at present).
Thanks for the kind words - and yes, this part of the cycle is completed, so there won't be any more added along this line, but it will eventually be slightly edited in order to run into the next part of the cycle (whatever that may end up being - I haven't quite decided for certain on the ordering of pieces).
Glingal

Postby Dr_Dissonance » 20 Aug 2011 08:53

Thanks and enjoy your stay here! I suggest listening to everyone's music, there's tons of inspiration here!
Tubeyou
You are the hero My Little Remix deserves, not the one it needs.
So we’ll hunt you. Because you can take it. Because you’re not our hero.
You’re a silent guardian of music, a watchful protector of songs.
A doctor of dissonance.
-Phillypu
Dr_Dissonance

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice