Don't Let Me Fall (Appledash shipping song)

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

Don't Let Me Fall (Appledash shipping song)

Postby DerpyGrooves » 16 Jul 2011 21:57

http://soundcloud.com/derpygrooves/dont-let-me-fall

Applejack gets in touch with Twilight to see if she can't give her some wings like Rarity had in Sonic Rainboom so she can fly with Dash. Folksy cuteness ensues.
"Had you played some free jazz to ninety five per cent of the people who had made 'Take Five' a smash, they would have run for cover behind the latest release by Pat Boone." - The Timelords
DerpyGrooves

Re: Don't Let Me Fall (Appledash shipping song)

Postby Kumquaticus » 17 Jul 2011 08:10

Why can't I
Hold all these apples

Seriously though, cute and funny, this left me smiling for a while.
Life is good. Life is short. Have some fun and enjoy it while it lasts.

My bandcamp
My SoundCloud
My Tumblr
Kumquaticus

Postby DerpyGrooves » 17 Jul 2011 23:24

Kumquaticus wrote:Why can't I
Hold all these apples

Seriously though, cute and funny, this left me smiling for a while.

Thank you so much for saying so! I'm really considering rerecording this piece, but I'm really pleased that you enjoyed it :)
"Had you played some free jazz to ninety five per cent of the people who had made 'Take Five' a smash, they would have run for cover behind the latest release by Pat Boone." - The Timelords
DerpyGrooves

Postby Versilaryan » 17 Jul 2011 23:32

It's such a cute piece. I'm pretty sure you know by now, but I really like it. ^.^

And yeah! Definitely should rerecord it!
Versilaryan

Postby Bagpipe Brony » 18 Jul 2011 00:23

Is that flute a recorder or tin whistle? And nice harmonica! I would love to see the notes if you have em.
~Our resident Bagpipe Playing, too-much-bling wearing, Smirnoff drinking, Coca Cola addicted, rockstar-wannabe, Glam Brony.
-Stuck in the 80's since 1989
Projects lined up:
-CMC Baroque techno remix
-Rarity's Battle theme
O__o lame sig...
Bagpipe Brony

Postby DerpyGrooves » 18 Jul 2011 00:32

Bagpipe Brony wrote:Is that flute a recorder or tin whistle? And nice harmonica! I would love to see the notes if you have em.

The flute is a penny whistle in C, Clarke brand (IMHO the best tin whistles you can buy), with a bent fipple so it's got a pretty ghetto sound. As far as notes are concerned, I was just noodling. I can play harmonica "properly", but for the most part I was just doing the Dylan thing and sucking/blowing whatever sounded about right. It's just typical straight harp/chord work, really.

:) Thanks for the response!
DerpyGrooves

Postby Bagpipe Brony » 18 Jul 2011 11:57

DerpyGrooves wrote:
Bagpipe Brony wrote:Is that flute a recorder or tin whistle? And nice harmonica! I would love to see the notes if you have em.

The flute is a penny whistle in C, Clarke brand (IMHO the best tin whistles you can buy), with a bent fipple so it's got a pretty ghetto sound. As far as notes are concerned, I was just noodling. I can play harmonica "properly", but for the most part I was just doing the Dylan thing and sucking/blowing whatever sounded about right. It's just typical straight harp/chord work, really.

Wow what a cowinkidink! I have a Clarke original in C too! and a Sweetone in C and Generation D whistles in D and Eb.
I do wish I would've gotten the bent fipple, but that version is only available online I think. I bought mine in person and the un0bent fipple requires MUCH more air to play. Therefore limiting my useage of really high notes. You think I would have the lung power since I play bagpipes >_>...
~Our resident Bagpipe Playing, too-much-bling wearing, Smirnoff drinking, Coca Cola addicted, rockstar-wannabe, Glam Brony.
Projects lined up:
-Rarity's Battle theme
O__o lame sig...
Bagpipe Brony

Postby DerpyGrooves » 18 Jul 2011 17:33

Bagpipe Brony wrote:
DerpyGrooves wrote:

Wow what a cowinkidink! I have a Clarke original in C too! and a Sweetone in C and Generation D whistles in D and Eb.
I do wish I would've gotten the bent fipple, but that version is only available online I think. I bought mine in person and the un0bent fipple requires MUCH more air to play. Therefore limiting my useage of really high notes. You think I would have the lung power since I play bagpipes >_>...

Well it's like any other wind instrument. Do your pedal tones, and every day just play one semitone higher than the highest note you can hit with a good sound, and work on getting a consistent noise across the notes. :) I really want to get a low D, but I forgot how expensive they are! haha. We should collab sometime, brony! I love the bagpipe.
DerpyGrooves

Postby Bagpipe Brony » 18 Jul 2011 21:09

DerpyGrooves wrote:
Well it's like any other wind instrument. Do your pedal tones, and every day just play one semitone higher than the highest note you can hit with a good sound, and work on getting a consistent noise across the notes. :) I really want to get a low D, but I forgot how expensive they are! haha. We should collab sometime, brony! I love the bagpipe.

Oh hellz yeah those suckers are Pricey, I want a low A or G since G will let me play in A minor.
I will try that! And I would love to collab, however it'd have to be whistles only. I do not own a legit set of Highland pipes. I still have to stick w/ my cheap-arse chanter because the pipes are too expensive. I know I can play them though because I made my own to practice the breathing techniques and to build my lung power lol. I should post a pic of my "ghetto-pipes" xD
Projects lined up:
-Rarity's Battle theme
O__o lame sig...
Bagpipe Brony

Postby ArtAttack » 19 Jul 2011 10:53

You should submit this to EqD if you haven't already. They'd love it.
Name: Sam
DAW: FL Studio 10
Genre: French Electro, Electro House, Complextro, Dubstep
Current Projects:
SECOND ALBUM
BALLOON PARTY: Tourniqakes
Lots of remixes omg
ArtAttack

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: idiot mark

Postby JackleApp » 19 Jul 2011 18:13

You already know how much I love this, DG <3
So cute and so...
I can't word it correctly...
It sounds amateurish but in the best way possible, like, in a really heartwarming sense <3
Image DA MAGIKS
JackleApp

Postby DerpyGrooves » 20 Jul 2011 15:15

ArtAttack wrote:You should submit this to EqD if you haven't already. They'd love it.

Will do, as soon as I re-record. :) Tbh this recording is really more of a demo I threw together for the toastbeard compo, and I've really been inspired to improve the sound by the response I've received.

JackleApp wrote:You already know how much I love this, DG <3
So cute and so...
I can't word it correctly...
It sounds amateurish but in the best way possible, like, in a really heartwarming sense <3

Yeah, I sort of deliberately played in a nonprofessional, folksy manner, the same way I felt applejack likely would have performed such a piece for dashy. :) Thanks so much, jack!!
DerpyGrooves

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice