<pony><orig> A Date With The Librarian

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

<pony><orig> A Date With The Librarian

Postby mindfriend » 16 Sep 2015 04:24

Humbly submitted for your approval:
https://soundcloud.com/user-79840287/a-date-with-the-librarian

Loosely inspired by someone's dramatic reading of 'Twi and Me' and far more pizza and Tapatio than I'd care to admit.
Soundcloud - Forget hearts and hooves, we want palm trees and piña coladas!
mindfriend

Primary: MilkyTracker
Cutie Mark: `Beat L.A.` in teal letters

Re: <pony><orig> A Date With The Librarian

Postby NightmareRare » 25 Oct 2015 08:27

Dig the Jazz vibe man! I don't hear much of it in the fandom, but I felt like it could stand a bit more variety, the melodies were sold but your underlying prog felt a little stale after a bit.
Hayden Wired
Twitter Time!
Facebook Friend Machine!
---
" I never fell apart because I guess I never really fell together."
- Andy Warhol
NightmareRare

Primary: Ableton
Cutie Mark: Cup of Coffee

Re: <pony><orig> A Date With The Librarian

Postby Ambient_Monsoon » 03 Dec 2015 09:03

Oh man you could have really made this song jam if you mixed it to vibe more! You got the composition part man, you got that down for this song, I mean I would recommend higher quality sounds if possible but hey we can't all afford that, I should know! All you need is to focus on the mixing man, get your panning and stereo levels right and make sure your volumes are correct! If you need to automate, which we all need to do, then don't be afraid to have like 20 automations running in your DAW! This is just a very dry composition without the proper mixing, just get that bass controlled and centered, those high sounds nice and reverbed with some great stereo levels, and some panning on those percussion sounds! This song would rock!

You have a steady composition and not much variation but the style of the song isn't for much fanciness, you got a lot going on and it's plenty for this song, so once again good job on the composition!
Ambient_Monsoon

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice