Heavy Thundering Drums (Working Title)

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

Heavy Thundering Drums (Working Title)

Postby Injustrial » 02 Sep 2015 11:23

Doing some metal inspired drums. Working on putting more stuff in. Any thoughts so far, especially sounddesign wise?

https://soundcloud.com/injustrial/drumz-and-shizz
Last edited by Injustrial on 04 Sep 2015 10:28, edited 1 time in total.
Injustrial

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Sh*t on Fire

Re: Heavy Thundering Drums

Postby Injustrial » 03 Sep 2015 17:27

File's been updated, think I've got most of the composition down. A bit more mixing and lyrics next
Injustrial

Postby Thunder Dash » 04 Sep 2015 08:10

It's not really thundering drums...you need a little bit of reverb on them to give them that wide open space. The part from 0:30 to 0:50 was out of time. You may have been using dotted 16ths or something. Plus, watch your transitions. They sound very awkward and have a small cut before returning to a certain part of the piece. Also, you have a bit too much snare, which takes away from the thundering drums you wanted. For thundering drums, mainly stick to reverberated toms.

But it's to repetative. You limited yourself to the i and the VI. The less chords you have in a piece, the less possibilities you have. You could've at least made this progression a 4-chord progression like this:

i-VI-V-iv

alternatively

i-VI-VII-V

Your sawtooths have a bit too much high end. Add some depth to them by giving them some low-end. Tbh, sawtooths don't really fit to thundering drums. Thundering drums are more like a symphonic metal piece, rather than just an electronic piece.

All in all, unfortunately, I think you need to revamp this piece big time...it's just lacking the character of the title...
Thunder Dash

Primary: Presonus Studio One 4 Artist
Cutie Mark: Piano

Postby Injustrial » 04 Sep 2015 09:54

Thunder Dash wrote:All in all, unfortunately, I think you need to revamp this piece big time...it's just lacking the character of the title...

Thanks for your time. Title's just a working label, so don't take it too literally. I'll head into it a bit more, though the general composition of the drum patterns is pretty much where I want them. Reverb on the toms sound like a good idea, though.

Too much snare? Have you HEARD Hellhammer? :wink:

Injustrial

Postby Injustrial » 04 Sep 2015 10:26

Or Nicholas Barker, which was the main inspiration (Target of theft) for these drums

Injustrial

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice