<pony><metal> Lost Elements

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

<pony><metal> Lost Elements

Postby D1SCORDANT » 19 Aug 2015 20:15

So I was looking back at some of my really old stuff the other day, and I noticed a metal song i made back when i first started screwing around with FL. So I decided I'd completely redo it. And this is the result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayYTZ-m ... e=youtu.be

I tried something new with the mastering that made it kinda more lofi sounding than usual. But I think it fits this song pretty good.

D1SCORDANT

Re: <pony><metal> Lost Elements

Postby Thunder Dash » 21 Aug 2015 19:48

Whoa...you've got WAY too much high-end there. Lower it some because it could really bother your listener. Add some low-end to give it that depth.

Also, watch your transitions. They could be smoother. And that one where where the guitar hit a harmonic...could've added some vibrato there to give it some expression.

Overall, this piece is kinda flat...it could really use some beefing up...
Thunder Dash

Primary: Presonus Studio One 4 Artist
Cutie Mark: Piano

Re: <pony><metal> Lost Elements

Postby Injustrial » 22 Aug 2015 06:00

This reminds me of the early days of Norwegian Black Metal. The problem with that is that those tracks sounded pretty bad. The "Studio time" was them placing a tape recorder in the middle of the bandroom and hitting Rec.

Bring down your High End, beef up the bass. Pretty much what Thunder Dash said.

Also: Welcome to the forum! Head over to the introduction thread and let us know a bit about you
Injustrial

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Sh*t on Fire

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice