[pony/non-pony]General feedback

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

[pony/non-pony]General feedback

Postby ViFFeX » 17 Aug 2015 14:52

Hey guys,

Have had an account here for a long while but never really did anything with it (have had a very hectic year)

Anyways, I figured I'd at least show you guys some of my tracks, and hope for feedback on them :) It's not all pony stuff, never really has been except for the feeling the track should've conveyed, but it's still some pretty good stuff I think ^^

Let me know what you think! It doesn't matter whether it's positive or negative ^^ My music is diverse, 99% of it is instrumental though. But I use classic sounding instruments, but also digital sounding ones. Sometimes mix them up too.

Below are a few I consider to be my best. Especially the first one holds a special place in my heart because it was my first ever try at making something emotional ^^

ViFFeX

Re: [pony/non-pony]General feedback

Postby Thunder Dash » 18 Aug 2015 18:10

Everything...is just...wow...what sampler did you use for that?

The only thing I kinda wish you did with the first was to put a bit more chord structure into it. You limited yourself to the I and the IV only. Maybe put a section where the vi (the relative minor of the I) is present quite a bit.

Otherwise, great job!
Thunder Dash

Primary: Presonus Studio One 4 Artist
Cutie Mark: Piano

Postby ViFFeX » 19 Aug 2015 15:30

Hey Thunder Dash,

Thanks so much for commenting! :D

I use a variety of stuff. As a DAW I bought FL Studio 10 (which currently has been updated to 12). As VST's I use reFX Nexus, Pianissimo and EWQL Orchestral Gold. I only use FL's built-in effects, like Delay, Reverb and such.

I'm not quite sure what you meant with me limiting myself on chord usage ^^; I have never had any proper music education or training, so chords and progression don't really mean anything to me. I just make stuff really that I think sounds good at that time ^^; I usually start with a melody that's in my head, and then build 5-10 layers of other instruments over that (including drums). Then I pick those layers apart into separate channels and organize them in the structure I want them to be.

If you have the time could you maybe explain a bit what you meant with only using the chord structure I and IV? If not, that's totally okay, then I'll try searching the interwebs :)

Thanks again!
ViFFeX

Postby Thunder Dash » 21 Aug 2015 19:41

Chord usage is very important when it comes to making music. When I meant by using the I and IV, it was in terms of the notes of the actual scale you were using in the piece.
Thunder Dash

Postby ViFFeX » 23 Aug 2015 16:45

hehe, yeah, you lost me there as well xD I literally have no knowledge on music theory itself :P I know the words, I just don't know the meanings.

Thanks for the explanation regardless though, I'll check out Google to see if I can get some more info on what those specific music theory terms entail.
ViFFeX

Postby Thunder Dash » 26 Aug 2015 13:07

Wait! I can tutor you in chord structure and all of that.
Thunder Dash

Postby ViFFeX » 30 Aug 2015 09:01

Really? :O
Well, that's very kind of you to offer ^-^
ViFFeX

Postby Thunder Dash » 04 Sep 2015 08:10

We can do it here through PMs or Skype. Whatever you choose.
Thunder Dash

Postby ViFFeX » 04 Sep 2015 17:23

You can add me on Skype if you wish :) It's ViFFeX as well
ViFFeX

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice