<wip><pony> Chill Electronic piece

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

<wip><pony> Chill Electronic piece

Postby Direct Current » 06 Aug 2015 02:18

Alright so I'm not exactly sure what genre it'd fit into, lmao I'm horrible at figuring that out with my own works
Okay so anyway, I was hoping for some feedback on mostly mixing! (Though of course, any and all feedback is great!) I was hoping to get some fresh ears to listen in on this song!
Maybe it's just me, from listening to it so many times while working on it, but a lot my music just feels dull/missing something sometimes. I can love the sound of something but it'll still feel not full enough.

[youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TdfBYAsiSGE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
[/youtube]

OKAY SIDE NOTE THIS IS MY FIRST POST I DONT KNOW HOW TO EMBED SO HERE'S THE LINK https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdfBYAsiSGE
directcurrentpower.bandcamp.com
Direct Current

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Recording Engineer thingy

Re: <wip><pony> Chill Electronic piece

Postby Thunder Dash » 06 Aug 2015 20:25

Okay

I think your biggest problem here is the fact that you're limiting yourself to two chords: The I and the IV.

This is why you're strugging. Using more chords will open up many more possibilities. Just like math, the more chords you have, the more possibilities you have to arrange them.

Here's what I suggest

I-IV-vi-V

I-IV-ii-V

I-vi-IV-V

vi-IV-I-V

IV-I-vi-V

I-V-vi-IV

As far as sound, it could use a dab of reverb, as it sounds just a bit dry.
Thunder Dash

Primary: Presonus Studio One 4 Artist
Cutie Mark: Piano

Postby Direct Current » 08 Aug 2015 13:23

Hey, sorry for the delay! I definitely notice what you mean with the chords, and tried to make some fixes to the chords
https://www.dropbox.com/s/krv0xy3s22ayy ... 2.mp3?dl=0
However, the song is unfortunately at a point where overhauling the chord progressions would take enough work to where it'd probably be easier just to start a new song with the new chords.
I haven't gotten a chance to add more reverb, but that can be done real quick anyway.
directcurrentpower.bandcamp.com
Direct Current

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Recording Engineer thingy

Postby Thunder Dash » 09 Aug 2015 13:56

It sounds better. But I think running the whole thing through a light chorus would definitely give this piece a greater effect. Just be sure to expand those progressions next time okay?
Thunder Dash

Primary: Presonus Studio One 4 Artist
Cutie Mark: Piano

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice