<Pony><Original><Blues-Rock> Punch Drunk

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

<Pony><Original><Blues-Rock> Punch Drunk

Postby guitarfan01 » 21 Jul 2015 18:37

The One Galen, lead singer and guitarist of The Wonderbolts!
Youtube
Bandcamp
guitarfan01

Primary: Studio One
Cutie Mark: Guitar, Singing

Re: <Pony><Original><Blues-Rock> Punch Drunk

Postby Thunder Dash » 21 Jul 2015 20:28

OMG! This is awesome! I love that slide guitar. It really gives that "drunken" feeling. Although, the one thing that could add to that drunken feeling is a bit of chorus, it could be a fast chorus or a deep chorus. Personally, I'd go with a mix of both, but not to overdone. For the lead, I love that blues distortion you put on it. It's not too much nor to little.

The key choice, b minor, I like it. However, I kinda feel you were using the i chord a little too much. You had a nice progression, but it seemed like you were hanging on that i chord. Try circling around the scale degrees a little more. Maybe hit the III chord a little more to give that since of hope through the drunkenness. The III chord, being the relative major to the b minor, which is D major, could be used very effectively.

In terms of the drums, maybe back down on them just a little bit. They seemed to almost overpower the rest of the instruments.

All in all, this was a really great track. I'd love to offer you my keyboard skills...well...that is...if we could meet up...

I'd give this song an 8.5/10.
Thunder Dash

Primary: Presonus Studio One 4 Artist
Cutie Mark: Piano

Re: <Pony><Original><Blues-Rock> Punch Drunk

Postby BassRabbit » 25 Jul 2015 10:06

Pony-blues is so sadly underrepresented.
"I'm not smart, I just have a good vocabulary."

------

DYNAMITE GRIZZLY (formerly known as Bass Rabbit)
BassRabbit

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Electronic Anything

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice