EVOBigRoomChallenge (For EVERY Artist!) - ANOTHER UPDATE!

Current events we're participating in.

Re: EVOBigRoomChallenge (For EVERY Artist!) - ANOTHER UPDATE

Postby DJSadEyez » 16 Sep 2014 03:05

ExoBassTix wrote:1. Popularity contests are, in my opinion, not cool. What if an amazing good track doesn't get listened to a lot at all? They're also not exactly encouraging of creativity, but rather "YES GO AND BE A COOL DUDE AND BE COMMERCIAL FUK"
2. Why the hell would you force the 'best' (that term is terribly demeaning for others, in general) to collab with you, someone I'd (personally, granted) never heard of prior to hearing about this challenge? Maybe the 'best' doesn't want to, or doesn't like collabing, or can't collab for some reason, or anything!

1. Well, I don't see the "popularity" & "contest" nowhere. It's not even a contest. It's a challenge against everyone, especially the ones that nominated you. And the "amazing good track" will be listened to, that's what I am aiming for. I am also aiming for EVERYONE to have their tracks listened.
I will collect all challenges and let everyone vote at first. This would make a lot of sense now thinking of it, but it will take some time until I set up the poll, so you gotta be patient.
The challenge by the way was all about creativity, though redundant, in a generic way. It's genre based, everyone knows that you can't really "lean far out of the window" because it might happen you find yourself in the wrong genre, thus the challenge-track would be useless. But still the possibility to create an amazing drop with whatever instrument you can think of.

2. Let me put it that way: Since the challenge day I've been overlooking "like" stats and plays. I've contacted already a few bunch and I am forcing no one but asked them if they were ready in case. No one had a problem with that yet. Actually, I tried expanding that by having everyone to collab with someone they liked, but the organisation would be even more terrible than it is now. So I decided I would do a collab with someone who had a great tune, regardless if (too) generic or completely off the "border" and add it as a last track. The "special" is in track length, since it will be a full song, nothing else. I mean, after you've listened to about 26+ (partly) completely different drops and creations, why not have a last full track?

To end this off here, I have put in some information that lead to missunderstanding. Reminder, my first language is not english, somehow, I end up using the wrong words to describe something often.
Still, the whole challenge has been a "#HYPE" for a few days and I didn't expect this to happen. After I heard someponies feeds had been full of it I was happy it reached a good amount of the community, and now I am here to thank you guys for taking part and spreading the whole challenge :)

EDIT: I will go through organising some stuff while I will be away for a few days, then I will prepare the whole album and then, after another week or so, post a link to a poll with all the tracks and a voting system. The Album will contain ALL tracks. I will consider making a top 20 thing or something, if people want. But I will try to make a voting system, where you will have to listen to a track before you can vote for it. And for everyone to have a chance I try to have a Spotlight for the least listened tracks.
This WON'T end up in a contest. If you downvote a track, you will need to give a reason. Feedback should always be given! This way I think we can help producers to become better in the technique part.

Hope I could answer a few questions with it and make you understand my way of thinking. (Though honestly I don't understand it myself most of the time)
DAW: FL Studio 11.0.0/10.0.8
VSTs: NI Massive, Sylenth1, Sakura, Z3ta+2

Made/Work On:
Some Stuff.. Just click that SoundCloud link below to find out.

Soundcloud _-_-_ BandCamp _-_-_ Facebook _-_-_ Twitter _-_-_ YouTube
DJSadEyez

Primary: FL Studio 12.0.2.0 / 11.0.0.8
Cutie Mark: Basically Everything Now

Re: EVOBigRoomChallenge (For EVERY Artist!) - ANOTHER UPDATE

Postby PENG-1 » 16 Sep 2014 18:52

To be honest even with the Church of Lel entered, I thought this may be a success, then I saw what the prize was. And this was coming from the guy who did the composer thing and a lot of people know how much of a disaster that was. Either way, I'm not interested.
Some penguin obsessed idiot with FL Studio.
PENG-1

Primary: Abelton/Fl Studio
Cutie Mark: Blank Flank

Previous

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events