Ideas for future Bronyquest albums and events

Current events we're participating in.

Re: Ideas for future Bronyquest albums and events

Postby Jokeblue » 19 Aug 2013 03:25

Bipolar yes.

Luna's should be hard and angry and aggressive, but then soft, quiet, and reflective, but still pensive.

You need to show that anger and sadness and everything that she feels all at the same time. It needs to be minor key, filled with injustice and anger, but also have that reflection and feeling and everything in softer breaks.

Probably most importantly It needs to make you feel all of this.

A good song to kinda display this is Floods by Pantera.

Hope y'all are taking notes
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby AJ_ » 21 Aug 2013 00:52

Question, Is there going to be an EQLA 2014?
AJ_

Postby ExoBassTix » 18 Sep 2013 02:52

Academy For Gifted Musicians

I had inspiration. Does this sound good?
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Coloriot » 05 Feb 2014 14:45

I'm just going to ask this question: since the drama that led up to Circuitfry taking down the balloon party albums happened, are there ever going to be future ones now?
Colorkek that makes computer noises.

What's my main genre? All of them.

[Youtube] [Soundcloud] [EQBeats] [Bandcamp] [Twitter]
Coloriot

Primary: Ableton Live 7
Cutie Mark: Mac Color Wheel of Doom

Postby Freewave » 05 Feb 2014 16:01

We discussed this in the mod chat recently. Kyoga volunteered to run with the next one. We do very much want to a third series for the community and stay on the focus that this is a community fundraiser to get musicians to bronycon (or everfree if a cheaper west coast alternative is possible). I think that was forgotten last year and it was given out a bit too freely ($3k for community travel is not very impressive, even Musiquestria made $10k, for a much smaller group of musicians) I would hope that focus could be to get some new faces there vs thrice returning veterans who may have moved on anyway.

What worked with the first one was the community involvement and how people worked with each other to get their tracks to a high enough level. It's also imperative that MLR continue to be the place to head this and Remix Wars but with also engaging people outside of here to take part, whether they be new or old musicians. As long as they are still an active part of this community they should be aware and we'd like them to take part. The third edition's focus has already been voted to be Twilight, which leads to a different type of musician (IDM and orchestral for example) then the last this time around.

Regarding any existing funds that circuitfry MAY have, I've asked Makkon to engage him and get that resolved. ExoBasstix is currently working at getting the previous editions rehosted and i hope that is still happening. If it's a matter of getting just mp3's up and not flac's i can just upload 3 of the 4 comps that i have on my hard drive, zip, and upload and that can get setup quicly on a blogspot (if that's not already underway). But if people want the third edition to be on the same bandcamp as the previous editions, for some fundraising to be available from previous efforts, then that will take a bit more work and organization. We'd be reuploading every single track in wav individually for all 4 cd's and finding a reliable paypal account to handle funds and taxes to make that happen.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby CitricAcid » 05 Feb 2014 16:21

Woo, orchestral! Tell me though, is there someplace where I can learn what exactly this bronyquest stuff is about? I've heard things like Rainbow & Rooted and Balloon Party mentioned in passing, but I don't really know what their purpose is (or was).
Image Image Image
CitricAcid

Primary: Cubase
Cutie Mark: Music scroll

Postby CaptainFluffatun » 05 Feb 2014 16:43

Balloon Party, Rainbow and Rooted and their respective sequels were all albums that helped fund shipping musicians in the fandom to conventions, namely BronyCon and Everfree Northwest.
CaptainFluffatun

Primary: Cubase 5
Cutie Mark: Orchestral

Previous

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events