Balloon Party: The After Party Mix

Current events we're participating in.

Balloon Party: The After Party Mix

Postby Aviators » 04 Jun 2012 16:50

THE AFTER PARTY IS HERE!!!!!

http://balloonparty.bandcamp.com/album/after-party

You can find ALL of the submissions here:
submission/list.php?type=entries&event=27
Last edited by Aviators on 04 Jul 2012 19:37, edited 9 times in total.
Aviators

Re: Balloon Party: The After Party Mix

Postby Legion » 04 Jun 2012 17:15

I like this ideaa lot, thanks for putting this together. Maybe I can actually get my track with Kyoga done. :D A deadline would be nice though.
Legion

Postby MichaelA » 04 Jun 2012 17:26

Sorry, Aviators forgot to put it in;
The deadline for BP: APM is July 1st, so get your tracks in by then!

(and yes, you can resubmit your BP tracks if you'd like)
------------------
My Youtube
^^ Go sub, yo!
MichaelA

Postby Singularity » 04 Jun 2012 17:27

A second chance? I'm in!
Information:
DAW> Propellerhead Reason 6.5 (If you need to know what Re I have, then message me, somewhere.)
Extra> Cubase Le4, NI Reaktor 5 Player, NI FM8 Demo

Links:
Soundcloud, Youtube, Tumblr
Singularity

Postby CommandSpry » 04 Jun 2012 17:28

I'll hold my comments
Hey. Listen. I don't Care anymore. You hear me you Son of a Bitch? I'm old now. I have all the resources.
Hey. Listen. I don't Care anymore. You hear me you Son of a Bitch? I'm old now. I have all the resources.

hello I'm spry wobbler lol I'm
CommandSpry

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: wobbler

Postby skrullz » 04 Jun 2012 17:30

I think we should split the money to the two cons that are about to go on which is everfree and eqestriacon
WHOOOOO IMA COOL PONY MOMMY YES IMA COOL PONY WHOGU WOUGEEE WOOOOOGEEEE AHBVDFUGEEFYGFYEFGFGEFYG ~~~~ time for my fav words: MEEPZORZ, OOOO, g, YOURE DONE!!! the end dbvgfsdbhsuighsfibgdighdufHGEYIBVGYIEYIGGFYIEFG BOOM!!
skrullz

Postby ChromaticChaosPony » 04 Jun 2012 18:17

I'm already doing one of the after parties, why not another. I'm going to take these as an opportunity to experiment with avant-garde metal.
ChromaticChaosPony

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby colortwelve » 04 Jun 2012 18:20

I've had an instrumental floating around that's hard by my own standards. I'll see if I can find a vocalist to really bring out the awesome :D
Youtube -- Soundcloud -- Tumblr -- Bandcamp (new album out!)

I can't feel my brain.
colortwelve

Postby Anorax » 04 Jun 2012 19:37

it's time to make an album of Aviators Remixes

I mean, er, um, hard music
DAW: Mixcraft 6
3rd Party VSTs: Alien 303 Bass Synthesizer, Various Angular Momentum Products, Artemis, Combo Organ Models V+F, Daedalus, iloSynth1, Impuse, Messiah, MinimogueVA, oxytocin, P8, various Togu Audio Line products, Synth1, TS-Substance, VB3 Organ
Youtube
Soundcloud
Anorax

Postby Whitetail » 04 Jun 2012 20:11

What is the goal of this album?
Well, the album is going to be free, but we'll be accepting donations as well. We have yet to decide what these donations will go to.

You might want to figure this out before you actually start forming anything .-.
Whitetail

Postby Anorax » 04 Jun 2012 20:20

well, deadline is Jul 1, so it can't be for BronyCon travel :P
3rd Party VSTs: Alien 303 Bass Synthesizer, Various Angular Momentum Products, Artemis, Combo Organ Models V+F, Daedalus, iloSynth1, Impuse, Messiah, MinimogueVA, oxytocin, P8, various Togu Audio Line products, Synth1, TS-Substance, VB3 Organ
Youtube
Soundcloud
Anorax

Postby TheLonging » 04 Jun 2012 20:46

I personally think it should go to charity.

Glad to see something like this is happening. Might try it out.
I'm Decibelle, nice to meet you.

Check out the Right to The Point event!
DAW: FL Studio 10, Ableton 8
VSTs: Massive, Harmless, Sytrus, 3xOsc, Sylenth
Soundcloud
YT
Music Blog
Main Blog
TheLonging

Postby Anorax » 04 Jun 2012 20:50

a lot of people like the charity idea, which also happened over in the Lesser Knowns thread.

It's almost like people are unwilling to accept donations for themselves, like it's a shameful act against God [whoever your deity of choice is] or something

I mean yes, it's nice to have the money given to someone who needs it (life or death situation in some cases), but it can't hurt to receive monetary support that was given by someone else's volition
Youtube
Soundcloud
Anorax

Postby MYCUTIEMARKISAGUN » 04 Jun 2012 21:25

the phrase "After Party" traditionally refers to a quieter, more cozy affair where everyone can kick back and relax and hopefully get laid lol
onlybuilt4ponylinx.tumblr.com

SADFKLJASFJ;KLFDSAJKL;VJKL;FDSJKLIJKL;'WOIJ[RWIJR
MYCUTIEMARKISAGUN

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: A GUN, obviously

Postby TheLonging » 04 Jun 2012 21:26

MYCUTIEMARKISAGUN wrote:the phrase "After Party" traditionally refers to a quieter, more cozy affair where everyone can kick back and relax and hopefully get laid lol

I don't think the term "This Ambient" or "This Lounge" has the same ring to it.
I'm Decibelle, nice to meet you.

Check out the Right to The Point event!
DAW: FL Studio 10, Ableton 8
VSTs: Massive, Harmless, Sytrus, 3xOsc, Sylenth
Soundcloud
YT
Music Blog
Main Blog
TheLonging

Postby Anorax » 04 Jun 2012 21:31

we could call this the Balloon Party B-Sides album and have a not-DIS-HARD "After Party" Mix. (yeah right lol)

MYCUTIEMARKISAGUN wrote:the phrase "After Party" traditionally refers to a quieter, more cozy affair where everyone can kick back and relax and hopefully get laid lol

But yeah, when I heard "After Party", I was like "Oh cool, a balloon party follow up album that isn't quite as HARD as Balloon Party was *supposed* to be".
it's not

However, this after party could have two parts, A-Side and B-Side, if you will. After Party A-Side would be all about HARD HARD HARD while B-Side would be the kinda-hard yet still laid back, more like club music that you can relax to (if that makes sense)

Although the "After Party" at MineCon (Minecraft convention in Las Vegas) last year wasn't really a laid back affair, I mean come on, deadmau5 was there. It wasn't going to be laid back! lol

So from what I can see, this could easily go both ways at this point, HARD HARD HARD and comfortably chill-yet-lively
Youtube
Soundcloud
Anorax

Postby Conduit » 04 Jun 2012 23:08

I don't know if I'll be able to make something of adequate quality, but I'm sure as hell going to try.

On another note, I don't really care what the money goes too, I just want to make music, but I would prefer a charity over going to a con or the people involved.
https://soundcloud.com/flatflish/a-warm-past

DAW: Logic 9
Vst's: Absynth, Battery, FM8, Guitar Rig, Kontakt, Massive, Maschine
Real Instruments: Acoustic/Electric Guitar, Cello, Piano

YoutubeSoundcloudTutors ThreadSkype: FlatflishImage
Conduit

Primary: Logic Pro 9
Cutie Mark: Strings

Postby Versilaryan » 04 Jun 2012 23:39

I couldn't get something in time for Balloon Party, so I might as well go for the next best thing.
Versilaryan

Postby MichaelA » 05 Jun 2012 01:22

Anorax wrote:it can't hurt to receive monetary support that was given by someone else's volition

Why would I want to make money from other peoples' tracks?
On top of that, I have no need for the money. That'd be really selfish. None of us do. We all have decent lives, if we have access to a computer. Why not help the less fortunate? The whole part of BP is to help other people, so we'll keep it that way.

And yes, we will most likely donate to charity. However Everfree is coming up, and since they upgraded their venue and you can buy more tickets, we're thinking of doing what BP was originally intended for, but for Everfree.
------------------
My Youtube
^^ Go sub, yo!
MichaelA

Postby LFP » 05 Jun 2012 03:32

I'm so going to enter this, was so sad that I wasn't able to finish my track (probably wouldn't have made it in anyways : P ) but now I've got lots of time (:
Brony Music Directory
Nine Volt wrote:That feel when 9V will never take you out to dinner 3:
LFP

Cutie Mark: Blank flank4evar

Postby NytMayr » 05 Jun 2012 07:46

Though I've pretty much trashed the song I had in mind for Balloon Party, I have another song in mind for this. Not only is it pretty hard, but it's also one of my scariest songs...though, seeing as it's based on Story of the Blanks, it kind of goes with the territory.
NytMayr

Postby Freewave » 05 Jun 2012 10:27

MichaelA wrote:
Anorax wrote:it can't hurt to receive monetary support that was given by someone else's volition

Why would I want to make money from other peoples' tracks?
On top of that, I have no need for the money. That'd be really selfish. None of us do. We all have decent lives, if we have access to a computer. Why not help the less fortunate? The whole part of BP is to help other people, so we'll keep it that way.

And yes, we will most likely donate to charity. However Everfree is coming up, and since they upgraded their venue and you can buy more tickets, we're thinking of doing what BP was originally intended for, but for Everfree.

this^

It costs money to set up bronycons people. If money from a brony music events can go to the bronycons or getting other people to OTHER conventions then I'm all for it. If people are saying just keep the money then that's a problem as that's not what these events are for and should never be for profit. If it goes for a charity be upfront about it and tell in advance. Ultimately despite any problems with Balloon Party if it gets brony musicians to get conventions then its ultimately worth it. If people do the same for any following events just have that same concept in mind and look to improve upon what they see were gaps in any previous setups.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Freewave » 05 Jun 2012 10:37

Anorax wrote:we could call this the Balloon Party B-Sides album and have a not-DIS-HARD "After Party" Mix. (yeah right lol)

But yeah, when I heard "After Party", I was like "Oh cool, a balloon party follow up album that isn't quite as HARD as Balloon Party was *supposed* to be".
it's not

However, this after party could have two parts, A-Side and B-Side, if you will. After Party A-Side would be all about HARD HARD HARD while B-Side would be the kinda-hard yet still laid back, more like club music that you can relax to (if that makes sense)

So from what I can see, this could easily go both ways at this point, HARD HARD HARD and comfortably chill-yet-lively

It's not a laid back affair, re-read the OP

Aviators wrote:Balloon Party may be out, the artists have been chosen, but that doesn't mean the party ends here. There are MANY entries that didn't make the cut, and many entries that weren't finished in time.

So, what is The After Party Mix?
It's a continuation of the spirit of Balloon Party, a group of brony musicians on a quest to create the hardest, grittiest, darkest, heaviest, biggest, and DEADLIEST music possible. This isn't an album of rejects, however; it's a second chance and a brand new opportunity.

How hard, exactly?
Hard. Just... Dangit, ROCK YOUR FACE OFF HARD!

Do all submissions make it on to the album?
Nope. Even though this is a second chance for tracks that didn't make it, we want to have some kind of quality control.

a chance to improve any rejects and to get any late entries but HARD. It's not a chilled affair and hopefully people won't change the direction midway unless the organizers feel the need (and communicate it out).
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Matthew N. » 05 Jun 2012 16:46

I think I'll give it a try once I re-master and properly mix one of my older songs. I believe it might be just about hard enough for this (well, as far as hard trance is concerned.)
Matthew N.

Next

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events