Calling all writers! (Brony Radio Play)

Current events we're participating in.

Calling all writers! (Brony Radio Play)

Postby DerpyGrooves » 30 Jul 2011 23:37

Thank you all so much for such a great response to my previous thread testing the waters and seeking interest. :) I've decided to go through with the project and therefore need writers with which to put a plot together! Feel free to get in touch if you're of the writerly persuasion. :D

Once we've got a plot ironed out, I'll be having a contest for musicians to write songs going along with certain points in the story. What I'm thinking would be fun right now is having a musical element. After all, this is a forum of MUSICIANS, and I'm sure we have more than enough talent to pull this off.

Last, we'll be having auditions and will put together a cast who will perform the script/music. I'm really looking forward to working with all of you!
"Had you played some free jazz to ninety five per cent of the people who had made 'Take Five' a smash, they would have run for cover behind the latest release by Pat Boone." - The Timelords
DerpyGrooves

Re: Calling all writers! (Brony Radio Play)

Postby JackleApp » 03 Aug 2011 02:04

I want to
help
but
I don't know if I can.
>buck
Image DA MAGIKS
JackleApp

Postby Bagpipe Brony » 03 Aug 2011 02:08

I wish to help as well... but how?
~Our resident Bagpipe Playing, too-much-bling wearing, Smirnoff drinking, Coca Cola addicted, rockstar-wannabe, Glam Brony.
-Stuck in the 80's since 1989
Projects lined up:
-CMC Baroque techno remix
-Rarity's Battle theme
O__o lame sig...
Bagpipe Brony

Postby Versilaryan » 03 Aug 2011 02:16

SO. What we have figured out.

It will start with them genderbent, for voice acting purposes.
The Great and Powerful TRIXIE! is the cause. She shows up to enact her revenge. (I said it would be funny if she also got caught in her own spell, and ends up forced to help them get back to normal, but nopony said anything...)
Maybe all of Ponyville is caught up in the spell?

...Aaaand, that's it. But it lays the groundwork for the beginning! If anypony else has ideas, please speak up!
Versilaryan

Postby NightColt » 04 Aug 2011 20:44

Hm... I'm trying to come up with a way for this to NOT end up sounding like "The 63rd Rune". Unless it's fine with everyone else if it does.

Where would a gender-bending spell fit in Trixie's Great and Powerful Master Plan? Unless it's a mistake or an über-spell that requires a mega-adventure to reverse? Even then, it shouldn't be too much of an inconvenience, right?

Wait!

b]...Spoilers Ahoy![/b]

That was one of the plot points in 63rd Rune - the spell also changed the course of history as if the mane six were colts their entire lives! So everypony would need to band together if they instead became outcasts... but then that's really only changing one or two things from the fic. Hm...

If I think of anything, I'll let you guys know...

[/talking to myself]
I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES.

THAT IS ALL.
NightColt

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events