Does anyone need a composer?

Current events we're participating in.

Does anyone need a composer?

Postby Bagpipe Brony » 26 Jul 2011 18:58

Hey dudes, do you know anyone who needs an orchestral composer? I don't really know how the lucky few get them. Do you go looking or do they come to you? (Derpy Hooves and Makkon this means you)
I seriously want to be on a music writing team, like seriously. Call them "fitting in" issues if you want lol.
~Our resident Bagpipe Playing, too-much-bling wearing, Smirnoff drinking, Coca Cola addicted, rockstar-wannabe, Glam Brony.
-Stuck in the 80's since 1989
Projects lined up:
-CMC Baroque techno remix
-Rarity's Battle theme
O__o lame sig...
Bagpipe Brony

Re: Does anyone need a composer?

Postby PinkiePieSwear » 27 Jul 2011 06:51

Are you looking for someone to like... give you a job composing a song? Or do you just mean someone to ask you to write music for them just for the sake of helping them out?

I'm assuming you mean a job, in which case I am definitely wondering how you find them. According to Daniel Ingram, it's all about building a reputation and getting your work known to other musicians.
PinkiePieSwear

Postby Dr_Dissonance » 27 Jul 2011 07:06

My experience so far in the music industry has a lot to do with reputation...basically just keep getting your stuff out everywhere!!! The opportunities don't come to you, you have to search for them...but they need to know you exist first!
Tubeyou
You are the hero My Little Remix deserves, not the one it needs.
So we’ll hunt you. Because you can take it. Because you’re not our hero.
You’re a silent guardian of music, a watchful protector of songs.
A doctor of dissonance.
-Phillypu
Dr_Dissonance

Postby Whitetail » 27 Jul 2011 09:35

If you want to get in a pony project, you go out and offer your skills to people making projects (one time, because if you ask multiple times to the same group you become annoying and they'll be less inclined to hire you) - it's as simple as that.

Just go here:
http://www.ponychan.net/chan/collab/

Find a project that you think the style of music you write fits in and make a post with an example of your work that'd fit the project and wait for them to respond (give them a way to respond to you too). If they say yes, congratulations, if they say no, try to find another project.
Whitetail

Postby Bagpipe Brony » 27 Jul 2011 14:42

Thanks a bunch guys! And thanks Derpy, that''ll help a lot. Hehe...^^; I did kinda make a mess of the last project I tried to get in on didn't I? (That is assuming you know, seeing as you're working on it atm)
~Our resident Bagpipe Playing, too-much-bling wearing, Smirnoff drinking, Coca Cola addicted, rockstar-wannabe, Glam Brony.
-Stuck in the 80's since 1989
Projects lined up:
-CMC Baroque techno remix
-Rarity's Battle theme
O__o lame sig...
Bagpipe Brony

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events