COWBELL PARTY IS BACK...sort of. It's loosely themed tho.

Current events we're participating in.

COWBELL PARTY IS BACK...sort of. It's loosely themed tho.

Postby ok_cheez » 02 Aug 2022 16:47

EDIT: Due date has been decided!! January 22nd, 2023. CLICK HERE OR CHECK IN THE POST FOR THE SUBMISSION FORM!
Release date will be decided after making sure all tracks are accounted for.

Hello. You might know me as r_chase. I shall welcome myself back with this:

Cowbell Party is sort of back, with perms from Spry too.

WTF IS THIS?! you ask?
Well, the name might be familiar to those who've been here long enough in the fandom since the beginning of Balloon Party. It started out of as a shitpost and well, several years later, I've acquired it to make a phonk compilation.

WHAT IS PHONK?!
Well, I'm glad you asked. Phonk is a music genre descended from Memphis rap. It started to gain popularity with phonk YouTube channels such as rare phonk and Sad Soundcloud. A subgenre of phonk, called drift phonk, zeroes in on high speeds and 808 cowbell melodies. Most phonk usually features a Memphis rap vocal sample, but it has evolved beyond that and cowbell melodies. Don't let the mainstream streaming services tell you otherwise. Anyway, the general mood of phonk is usually hazy and nostalgic, but can be dark and grimey too.

SO WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AGAIN?
Phonk and phonk fusions. The cowbells are a big bonus, but not always the main focus despite our name.
Phonk is often fused with other genres. This may include but not limited to house, DnB, and even Brazilian funk (trappin' in Brazil, anyone? lmao). Basically, something like a hazy lofi atmosphere...or maybe a dark one too.
Besides being about the 808 cowbell and other phonky shit, we don't have a strict theme for this first compilation but it'll be subtitled:

TRAPPIN' IN EQUESTRIA

SO NOW WHAT?
We don't have a submissions form yet, but do drop by our Discord server and talk there. Also my Discord DMs are open if you join. With that said, we'll decide on a deadline. Right now, we're gathering up shit. Let us know what you think of this. If you think this is a bit far, then maybe it's not for you. [EDIT: We're ready now.]

Anyway, peace out for now. :geek:

ok cheez
f.k.a. r_chase

https://discord.gg/HfDjNNC3h8 :ugeek:
Last edited by ok_cheez on 08 Aug 2022 12:03, edited 1 time in total.
ok_cheez

Primary: FL Studio and not much else.
Cutie Mark: gg no re

Re: COWBELL PARTY IS BACK...sort of. It's loosely themed tho

Postby ok_cheez » 08 Aug 2022 12:01

https://forms.gle/S7kxidhHfuJzmEJE8
SUBMISSIONS FORMS LINK. All tracks are due January 22nd 2023.
ok_cheez

Primary: FL Studio and not much else.
Cutie Mark: gg no re

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events