Ponies at Dawn: Celestial Planes [Album Released!]

Current events we're participating in.

Re: Ponies at Dawn: Celestial Planes [Submissions Due April

Postby ExplodingPonyToast » 01 Apr 2015 05:20

FLAOFEI wrote:There's no genre restrictions as I understand... But is there a theme going on? I might have a track for this just lying around on the hard drive

Whilst we encourage people to derive some kind of theme from the title of the album, we don't really judge against any kind of theme so feel free to submit something if you'd like to - doesn't have to have been specifically created for this as long as it's not already been released to the public. :P
ExplodingPonyToast

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Dreamland200 » 01 Apr 2015 16:15

Well, My laptop is in the shop right now, I'd be lucky if i get it back at least 2 days before the deadline.
Musical Pony Debate Wars is currently on hiatus for idk how long.
Now running Ponies That Yawn (Parodying Ponies at Dawn)
Dreamland200

Primary: FL
Cutie Mark: Paws

Postby ExplodingPonyToast » 01 Apr 2015 17:52

Dreamland200 wrote:Well, My laptop is in the shop right now, I'd be lucky if i get it back at least 2 days before the deadline.

Ah that's alright - if you do end up having time to submit something feel free to do so a day or two late - we'll still accept submissions up until we've finished judging (though obviously the more submissions we get before the due date the easier it is for us). :)
ExplodingPonyToast

Postby FLAOFEI » 02 Apr 2015 14:01

Finishing up an old synth polka project that's been dorment for ages. It's sounding pretty good tbh
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby ExplodingPonyToast » 04 Apr 2015 05:10

FLAOFEI wrote:Finishing up an old synth polka project that's been dorment for ages. It's sounding pretty good tbh

That certainly seems pretty interesting, I look forward to hearing it! ^_^
ExplodingPonyToast

Postby ExplodingPonyToast » 09 Apr 2015 19:48

Well, there's only 3 days left until the official end date for submission accepting! But if you can't submit until anytime up to probably around Wednesday or Thursday, we'll probably still accept things then (though it's best to send me a message here or anywhere else to make sure so I know). We've received some incredible submissions so far, and we're really excited for the impending release, and hopefully you all are too! :D
ExplodingPonyToast

Postby Shad0wMeister » 10 Apr 2015 14:36

I don't think I'll be able to make the album as my attempts so far are small bits and pieces of songs. I'll try, but even with the extension I probably won't make it. Sorry.
Shad0wMeister

Primary: FL Studio

Postby ExoBassTix » 11 Apr 2015 02:04

I haven't had the time to adapt to other deadlines that I've forgotten, so I'm in a bit of a maelstorm here. I'll have to see if I got any near-finished projects lying around that would be suitable for this album, else it's just too bad, better luck next time.

I'll see if I got something yet.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby FLAOFEI » 11 Apr 2015 18:38

Dat feel when I know my track will be completley out of place... So even if it makes it on I'd feel like an idot for making the silly little track that sits in a corner and plays with the legos :/
So nope... Not gonna submit.

Edit again: Actually... ya know what! Scratch that. I've done way worse with out regreting it to much. I'll submit, and assume whatever happens is a good thing :I
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
FLAOFEI

Postby ExplodingPonyToast » 11 Apr 2015 19:44

Shad0wMeister wrote:I don't think I'll be able to make the album as my attempts so far are small bits and pieces of songs. I'll try, but even with the extension I probably won't make it. Sorry.

That's alright, thanks for trying either way. ^_^

ExoBassTix wrote:I haven't had the time to adapt to other deadlines that I've forgotten, so I'm in a bit of a maelstorm here. I'll have to see if I got any near-finished projects lying around that would be suitable for this album, else it's just too bad, better luck next time.

Yeah juggling multiple projects is hard, don't worry if you can't submit, but I look forward to listening if you do end up submitting something, your stuff always seems to be pretty unique. :P

FLAOFEI wrote:Dat feel when I know my track will be completley out of place... So even if it makes it on I'd feel like an idot for making the silly little track that sits in a corner and plays with the legos :/
So nope... Not gonna submit.

Edit again: Actually... ya know what! Scratch that. I've done way worse with out regreting it to much. I'll submit, and assume whatever happens is a good thing :I

I dunno, we've gotten some pretty crazy entries so you never know. ;) And yeah, worst case scenario you get some decent feedback and there's nothing wrong with that. :)
ExplodingPonyToast

Postby ExoBassTix » 12 Apr 2015 15:58

ExplodingPonyToast wrote:
ExoBassTix wrote:I haven't had the time to adapt to other deadlines that I've forgotten, so I'm in a bit of a maelstorm here. I'll have to see if I got any near-finished projects lying around that would be suitable for this album, else it's just too bad, better luck next time.

Yeah juggling multiple projects is hard, don't worry if you can't submit, but I look forward to listening if you do end up submitting something, your stuff always seems to be pretty unique. :P

Haha, it warms my heart to hear that <3 yeah I'm gonna submit one work just to see what you think, and one other because I'd like to have something on the album maybe haha. Even though I was very highly in doubt if I should do it or not. I do aim to, at some later point, include the track on an album of my own (which I intend to release on a regular paid label, so yeah). But I'm submitting. If my upload speed allows me to. Is the deadline at the start of end of the 13th? :P

I'm gonna make it if it's at the end of the 13th.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby ExplodingPonyToast » 12 Apr 2015 17:23

ExoBassTix wrote:Haha, it warms my heart to hear that <3 yeah I'm gonna submit one work just to see what you think, and one other because I'd like to have something on the album maybe haha. Even though I was very highly in doubt if I should do it or not. I do aim to, at some later point, include the track on an album of my own (which I intend to release on a regular paid label, so yeah). But I'm submitting. If my upload speed allows me to. Is the deadline at the start of end of the 13th? :P

I'm gonna make it if it's at the end of the 13th.

Yeah that seems reasonable! And you're welcome to include tracks you've submitted to this album on other albums too, just as long as the release on this album is the first release. :) And as long as you can submit sometime over the next couple of days it's all good! So the end of the 13th or a little longer if you end up really needing is fine. ^_^
ExplodingPonyToast

Postby ExoBassTix » 12 Apr 2015 17:38

Gotcha. Just submitted two works.
Will I still have a chance to get both on because they don't have the same artist name? :P
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby ExplodingPonyToast » 12 Apr 2015 17:49

ExoBassTix wrote:Gotcha. Just submitted two works.
Will I still have a chance to get both on because they don't have the same artist name? :P

Technically, no, because I know they were both made by you. ;) Thanks for the submissions though. :)
ExplodingPonyToast

Postby Shad0wMeister » 12 Apr 2015 20:07

ExplodingPonyToast wrote:
Shad0wMeister wrote:I don't think I'll be able to make the album as my attempts so far are small bits and pieces of songs. I'll try, but even with the extension I probably won't make it. Sorry.

That's alright, thanks for trying either way. ^_^

Actually, I might have something almost done for another contest I could use for this instead
Shad0wMeister

Primary: FL Studio

Postby ExplodingPonyToast » 14 Apr 2015 04:25

Well the due date's come and gone and I'd like to thank everybody who's submitted something, we really appreciate it! We'll still accept and judge submission that get sent in over the next day or two, but as I said previously it's best to let me know if you intend on doing that.

We've started judging and we'll hopefully be able to get everything organised in time to release before the end of the month. We've received over 50 submissions so far and I'm really excited to see how it all turns out in the end. :D
ExplodingPonyToast

Postby Dreamland200 » 14 Apr 2015 06:06

Gotta wish everyone luck on those entries!!
Musical Pony Debate Wars is currently on hiatus for idk how long.
Now running Ponies That Yawn (Parodying Ponies at Dawn)
Dreamland200

Primary: FL
Cutie Mark: Paws

Postby Ricky Denzel » 14 Apr 2015 07:45

I hate this process. Every time I submit, they tell me either it's not good enough or something's off about the track. Makes me doubt myself and I start to get all pissed and start writing dissing poetry about people and the judges hate me. Oh, man. It's fucking starting again!
Never Validating My Bastardizing Remedy
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Triangle with an eye

Postby ExoBassTix » 14 Apr 2015 08:02

Well Ricky, if your track doesn't meet the quality standard that is wished for, and you get told what's off, you can use that info to know what you should fix :)
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby ExplodingPonyToast » 14 Apr 2015 08:52

Ricky Denzel wrote:I hate this process. Every time I submit, they tell me either it's not good enough or something's off about the track. Makes me doubt myself and I start to get all pissed and start writing dissing poetry about people and the judges hate me. Oh, man. It's fucking starting again!

In an ideal world every entry would be good enough for the album and we'd be able to accept everything but obviously that isn't feasible, and so the process is necessary. It's just part of the way most compilation projects like this tend to work, and by submitting you have to acknowledge that you may not make it on. But, just because that might happen is no reason to get pissed or depressed. I can totally understand being disappointed about it (it happened to me for our second album and might again this time :P), but the best thing to do is to take what's said into considering, and focus on trying to improve yourself. After all it's more important, in the scheme of things, to enjoy yourself creating music and to learn new things than it is to make it onto any given album, that can just come naturally once you've gotten good enough. :)
ExplodingPonyToast

Postby FLAOFEI » 14 Apr 2015 18:16

Ricky Denzel wrote:I hate this process. Every time I submit, they tell me either it's not good enough or something's off about the track. Makes me doubt myself and I start to get all pissed and start writing dissing poetry about people and the judges hate me. Oh, man. It's fucking starting again!

ExoBassTix wrote:Well Ricky, if your track doesn't meet the quality standard that is wished for, and you get told what's off, you can use that info to know what you should fix :)

Or you could start writeing in a super obscure, mega hipster, ultra impressionistic, avant-gard, [adjectives] genre that hardly anybody enjoys. Then you can be pretty darn sure you won't be accepted, so you won't be dissapointed. And if you somehow DO make it in, you know you're REEEEAL good!

Jk. But you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. It's pretty natural to be nervous about being judged, especially in a skill you vallue, in this case music creation related skills. You maybe saw my post about not being sure if I even dared submit...
Anyway. If you do get rejected, think of it like this "Wow! I sure am happy I didn't make the worst track on the album!"... yeah... That probably won't help much...
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
FLAOFEI

Postby Ricky Denzel » 15 Apr 2015 07:10

FLAOFEI wrote:Anyway. If you do get rejected, think of it like this "Wow! I sure am happy I didn't make the worst track on the album!"... yeah... That probably won't help much...

Not trying to spam, but really?
Never Validating My Bastardizing Remedy
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Triangle with an eye

Postby Czyszy » 15 Apr 2015 08:49

ultra impressionistic, avant-gard, [adjectives] genre that hardly anybody enjoys. Then you can be pretty darn sure you won't be accepted,

No! Why so little love for avanrgarde genres? (whining) :cry:
Czyszy

Primary: Fruity Loops, Reason, Famitracker, Goattracker
Cutie Mark: Prog, Chiptune, Hip Hop

Postby FLAOFEI » 15 Apr 2015 09:38

Ricky Denzel wrote:Not trying to spam, but really?

Yeah... I've got in with some tracks I wish I didn't... I try to think back to that time when I don't get in... It doesn't help much though.

Czyszy wrote:No! Why so little love for avanrgarde genres? (whining) :cry:

I don't hate. I'm just speaking from experience. Wrong genre for the wrong album usually doesn't work. I submitted polka to Academy of Booty...
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
FLAOFEI

Re: Ponies at Dawn: Celestial Planes [Album Out Soon]

Postby ExplodingPonyToast » 20 Apr 2015 02:44

Hey guys!

Judging has finished and we've got an album listing for you guys! We'll hopefully release sometime in the next 2 weeks and I am super hyped for it.

Here's a link to the list of tracks on the album: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

The ordering is a rough album order, and not necessarily final, and isn't at all based on scores received.

I'll do my best to contact everybody with their judging results when I get a chance over the next few days. Congratulations to everybody who got on and to those who didn't - it's a great incentive to keep working on your skills!
ExplodingPonyToast

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events