In NEED of HELP, Anthems idea

Current events we're participating in.

In NEED of HELP, Anthems idea

Postby Deus42 » 01 Aug 2013 09:39

I'm trying to record 2 songs in the style of national anthems. For Celestia and Luna, they're based off the British and Russian National Anthems and they are Lyrically Perfect, however I have crappy skills with sound editing and I wanted to get some Bronies and Pegisisters together to record a chorus for the anthems, essentially record themselves, then send the recording to whoever can edit. Any help would be appreciated!!!

(Also to any Admins, for whatever reason, this seems like this gets deleted. If you guys are doing it can you leave me a message as to why?)
Deus42

Re: In NEED of HELP, Anthems idea

Postby itroitnyah » 01 Aug 2013 10:04

This currently doesn't look like it's going anywhere. Which won't harbor much support.

You've said that the parody lyrics for either anthem are perfect, but we haven't seen the lyrics and hence we can't confirm that they are indeed lyrically perfect. You should provide a link to a download of the lyrics or such so that we can tell whether they're good or not.

Your idea is also confusing as to what you're actually going to do - just have some bronies and pegasisters record the chorus and then you'll layer over the instruments and main vocals? Have you already recorded the main vocals, do you have the instrumentals of either anthem, and moreover, how will you release these parodies? Are you going to just upload them to youtube, will there be a download, is this whole thing part of an event, etc?

All you've told us is that you want us to do this and that for you, but you haven't explained why. You may want to do so, otherwise you may not get the help you want.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Deus42 » 01 Aug 2013 10:21

Yes there will be a download, also I wanted an Anthem that sounded better then the ones I could find. Yeah they sounded good but they could be better. Plus I like how these ones which are tied into real anthems, since Ponies are a world wide adored thing and I thought it's fitting since the English Empire is "The empire on which the Sun never sets" and Russia is the country in which perpetual night lasts the longest in. (during the winter when the Northern hemisphere tilts away from the Sun.) Also no this isn't part of any event, the idea for these came in a moment of divine inspiration late at night and I thought they just had to be made and shared.
Last edited by Deus42 on 01 Aug 2013 11:21, edited 3 times in total.
Deus42

Postby Deus42 » 01 Aug 2013 10:34

Basically, these are songs with the same music with altered Lyrics fitting to the Alicorn sisters, I do have the music already, I just need voices, and editing capability. I have next to no experience with that software.

All Hail Our Sun ( To the tune of God save the Queen)

All Hail Ce-les-tia,
Long live our Regent Sun
All Hail Our Sun,
Her Dawn's victorious!
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us,
All Hail Our Sun!

O Elements arise,
Scatter her enemies,
and make them Friends;
Her Magic's in the air,
Friendships made with a flare,
Her hopes we do so share,
Shine on us All.

Ce-lest-ia we adore,
On her our love we pour,
Long may she reign;
May we defend her cause,
And never let us pause,
To sing with Heart and Soul,
All Hail Our Sun.
Last edited by Deus42 on 01 Aug 2013 11:16, edited 1 time in total.
Deus42

Postby Deus42 » 01 Aug 2013 10:49

Then Luna's anthem is based off the Russian National anthems music, again same music, different lyrics.
(I am open to editing verses 2 & the first line of 3 if anyone can come up with better Lyrics)

Verse 1:
United forever in friendship and magic,
Our mighty Republic will ever endure.
The great Lunar Nation will live through the ages.
The dream of the people their Princess restored.

CHORUS:
Long live our Lunar Alicorn ,
Loved by the people's mighty hearts.
Long live her People, united and free.
Strong in our friendship tried by fire.
Long may our Navy flag inspire,
Shining in Moonlight for all men to see.

Verse 2:
Through days darkened peril, the Mane Six traveled
and our eyes saw the first glimpse of Nightmare Moon.
Then Luna, our Princess, her nightmare defeated,
Inspired us to build up this love in our hearts.

CHORUS

Verse 3:
We fought for the future, defeated the Empress,
and brought to our Princess the Laurels of Fame.
Her glory will live in the memory of nations
and all generations will honor her name.

CHORUS
Deus42

Postby Deus42 » 01 Aug 2013 11:02

If your having trouble getting the picture just pull up

Luna's Antham:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5ZWzhhtlNE

Celestia's Antham (Sorry, I couldn't find just an instrumental version that I liked):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qq_UhePJZ0

And sing the lyrics with the music
Deus42

Postby itroitnyah » 01 Aug 2013 11:46

Alright, looks pretty decent. I'm afraid I must decline to join, but good luck pulling together enough people to do this.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11

Postby Deus42 » 02 Aug 2013 11:58

Well ok, thanks anyway. But I still need someone's help. I'm going to record myself for the Lunar anthem but I still need voices for a chorus.
Deus42

Postby Lavender_Harmony » 03 Aug 2013 02:34

1. Wrong forum.
2. Use the EDIT button.
3. If people don't seem interested, maybe the idea needs revised.
Lavender_Harmony

Primary: Not yet specified.

Postby Deus42 » 03 Aug 2013 17:38

Which forum do I use then?
Deus42

Postby Freewave » 03 Aug 2013 17:53

I dunno these general requests to get people to do the work on THEIR ideas (singing AND editing) aren't generally too successful when its a first time user and its not sounding that musically interesting to people. Have you tried a general MLP forum or ponychan before us? Doing general chorus sing a-longs is something you can get anyone to do as long as they have a mic as its a group vocal. Most people here are likely working on their own music, don't generally do vocals, and are not that interested.

I'm going to move this to the events forum (i really have no idea where else to put it) but please stop bumping it to get it seen or i'll lock it as an annoyance. If people are interested they will respond, if they aren't... move on and find some people off-site who are. ;)
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Deus42 » 03 Aug 2013 22:05

My apologies I didn't realize I was being an anoyance our anything of the nature. And if that's the best place for it then all means move this to Events. Also I've decided to do my own editing now, some a friend suggested I learn, and that is rather rude to get someone to do my work for no reason. Now I'm just looking for voices.
Deus42

Postby CaptainFluffatun » 03 Aug 2013 22:35

It's not really "rude", so don't feel bad about asking people to do things for you. The best thing you could do after that, though, is to have them explain to you what they did to mix the songs. This is a learning forum, after all. There's no problem in having people build your ideas on the first go or two, as long as you learn from it and eventually put your own mixing prowess to the test. Consider this your idea, and someone else's creation, you dig?

Otherwise yes, bumping things for the sake of staying on top of the New Posts section is bad form.
CaptainFluffatun

Primary: Cubase 5
Cutie Mark: Orchestral

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events