WATCH_DOGS

This is the place for off-topic game threads and also video game discussions.

WATCH_DOGS

Postby GunInYrFaic » 25 May 2014 08:00

So...is anybody excited for it to finally come out? Simple question. That is all. :cool:
My name is Chase.

https://soundcloud.com/chasedotwav <- My Soundcloud.
GunInYrFaic

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: WATCH_DOGS

Postby itroitnyah » 25 May 2014 09:21

Oh lawd, Fluffy is gunna merge this, because "we don't need a topic about this". Plz dont.

Anyways, I've heard that it's going to be good because the internet won't stop talking about it. Doesn't this game have a prequel or something? Sleeping Dogs or something?
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11

Postby ExoBassTix » 25 May 2014 10:46

itroitnyah wrote:Oh lawd, Fluffy is gunna merge this, because "we don't need a topic about this". Plz dont.

It's better to solve disagreements about the ways of a certain mod/admin over PM or Skype instead of publicly being passive-aggressive about it. Just so you know.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby eery » 25 May 2014 11:02

itroitnyah wrote:Oh lawd, Fluffy is gunna merge this, because "we don't need a topic about this". Plz dont.

Anyways, I've heard that it's going to be good because the internet won't stop talking about it. Doesn't this game have a prequel or something? Sleeping Dogs or something?

Geez, calm down.

Anyways, no, sleeping dogs was like GTA china basically, this is something entirely different. They're not even made by the same company. Google, yo. Try to contribute to threads.

Game looks pretty cool, might get it, but I haven't really been into games lately... Not sure if it would be my sort of thing either, never really liked stealth elements in games besides like tf2, always ends up being so very much not stealth.
eery
Global Moderator

Primary: Fruity tools 11
Cutie Mark: dank

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 25 May 2014 16:47

It looks kinda gimmicky if you ask me. I mean, they tease this massive mechanic of mobile hacking in the game with a 4 minute (most likely staged) live action video instead of..y'know, gameplay. Based on a lot of other games that pull this kinda marketting stuff, this tells me that the mechanic isn't actually that good. It looks like they're trying to hype up something mediocre to me. I could be wrong but I'm gonna call that my guess for this game.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby itroitnyah » 25 May 2014 21:27

Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:stuff

Of course man, you should know by now that "new and amazing features/mechanics" really just means a sandbox map and a way of accessing special moves that probably has been done before but been updated to look new.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11

Postby Alycs » 28 May 2014 14:52

I bought it and have played it for about 1 hour and I have yet to see even ONE dog 0/10

((That being said the sandbox component is actually really really fun but the story-line is a little bland. Also you can "hack" grenades and mechanical power transformers which just adds another level of immersion and exceptional realism))
Soundcloud||Tumblr||Youtube||Graphics||Bandcamp
Freewave wrote:being too critical can make you too critical
Alycs

Cutie Mark: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Postby Stuntddude » 30 May 2014 06:20

Pretty much my thoughts on the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idA9BEA4Hxs
Notebook Memories, the debut album from yours truly, is currently up on my bandcamp for free. Any feedback, encouragement, hate mail, etc. is highly appreciated! Even just listening is pretty cool of you tbh.
eery wrote:Next gen gaming: Just fucking get a dog.
Stuntddude

Cutie Mark: { }

Return to Games