Favourite albums

This isn't a forum for specifically talking about production or posting your own music, but it is a place to talk about the music you are listening to.

Favourite albums

Postby GunInYrFaic » 02 Jun 2014 00:21

What are your favourite albums?

One of mine has to be the Flaming Lips' Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots. Why I like this album is because I can identify with it in some way. Plus trip-hoppy feel in some of the songs, and not to mention the former Oklahoma state rock song "Do You Realize??" (darn those whoever up top now for taking it off the list).

tl;dr - ITT we discuss our favourite albums.

P.S.: not sure if it belongs in this index. :-|

[EDIT June 2, 2014]: I knew it didn't belong in the Off-Topic section.
Last edited by GunInYrFaic on 02 Jun 2014 07:49, edited 1 time in total.
My name is Chase.

https://soundcloud.com/chasedotwav <- My Soundcloud.
GunInYrFaic

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: Favourite albums

Postby Jokeblue » 02 Jun 2014 03:02

Good topic :3

I had a friend who loved that Flaming Lips album too. I always wondered about it but I haven't taken the time to listen to it...

Anyway, for me, it would be every single Coheed and Cambria album. I can't say any one album, because they're all concept albums that are linked together as one massive story. Though, The Afterman: Ascension and Descension are amazing. Not just because they're very well written and composed, but because after reading the actual story that the albums tell, song by song and chapter by chapter, the two albums are given an entirely new depth and meaning, and it absolutely blew my mind when I read the each part of the story while listening to the corresponding song. The second album and the story for that one I feel is much better than the first one.

If you're at all interested, here's a link to the album streams https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re_dD8hMR1I

and on for the first part of the story http://coheed.wikia.com/wiki/The_Hollow

Linking every single part would be tedious, so (if you do do the thing) you'll have to actually click the link next to "Followed by" for the next part. That should be obvious but eh may as well say it.

I could list so many more albums though. Not gonna. Maybe later. Get off my back. No. Put the knife down. I'm not afraid of you.
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby Viricide Filly » 02 Jun 2014 10:17

Spoiler A top50 collage of my favourite albums:

http://top50.topsters.net/ if you wanna make your own. You'll have to add the text bit yourself though like I did o3o

By the way, I had to do a top50 and no less because this is still literally 0.2% of my music library.
We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Primary: Hula Hoops
Cutie Mark: electric!1!11!

Postby ExoBassTix » 03 Jun 2014 15:57

I believe there might've been a thread about this before. Fortunately no fuck given.

Okay, so. I like music in TONS of genres, and I know TONS of seriously great albums, but I'll try to keep the list small and list the first few that I encounter. Let's hope there's some variation.

Opeth - Deliverance
I don't listen to a lit of Metal, but when I do, it's usually this album. Daaaamn, Opeth is good.

Maps And Diagrams - The Giant Woods (free album)
One of the greatest albums to reboot to. Drone Ambient.

Tommy Four Seven - Primate
If you want Industrial Techno, and like really technically perfect music, take this.

m1dy - The Midi Anarchist
You won't get better Speedcore, Splittercore and Extratone. No, for real.

Jack Wall - Myst III: Exile Soundtrack
I can't get enough of this ambiental/orchestral soundtrack. The fucking waterphones in it are <3

Namco Gaming - Ridge Racers 2 Soundtrack
Seriously what the fuck.

Richie Gee - The Aszdrome EP
This man. His Industrial Hardcore and Schranzcore leaves me speechless.

Hard Trance 2012.01
A collection of truly amazing Trance and Hard Trance. Also has a small bit of Electro House.

H.E.N.C.H. Mixtape Vol. 2
Probably my favorite Dubstep album ever.

Broken Droid - Shmup! (free album)
Is it DnB? Is it Acid? Is it super chill and spacey? Is it fucking amazing good?
Yes!

Hidden Rooms - Greyland
I've said amazing so many times yet this Doomtechno album is so damn amazing.

Embrionyc - Another Sleepless Night
True Doomcore spacing pleasure. I can listen to this on and on.

Monolake - Cinemascope
Cinemascope is so heavenly intricate and wonderful. I love to listen to this on slow nights, to just blow myself away with the small details that continuously caress my ears.
Deep-sounding Chillout, with Experimental influence I guess.

Slow Living Vol. 2 (free album)
Dub Techno, Deep Techno, Ambient and a little Deep House and Dubstep. Wanna chill the fuck out and space a little? Take it.

Lustmord - Purifying Fire
If I'm not mistaken, this dude is one of the pioneers of Dark Ambient. His intricately thought out movements prove just that.

Phaeleh - The Cold In You
This album has to be on this list. Deeply touching Chillstep.

Stars Of The Lid - Avec Laudenum
When I desperately crave chill, I take this (or The Giant Woods though).

Daemien - Sinking (free album)

LOVCD00 Compilation (free album)
This is the album for adventurers, those who want to experience true talent. The variety, and the talent at that, is insane. I personally don't know an album that is better. At all.

Deadmau5 - 7 EP
I was stunned from the first second. I'll spare you what I believe is the story behind this EP, but the ambience cried out to me. It hurt to hear this really. Beautiful emotional piano.

And with that I end my sum up.

... Not at all a big list :U told you I can do it.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby GunInYrFaic » 04 Jun 2014 15:32

ExoBassTix wrote:told you I can do it.

...and you delivered. :3
My name is Chase.

https://soundcloud.com/chasedotwav <- My Soundcloud.
GunInYrFaic

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby CaptainFluffatun » 04 Jun 2014 16:17

Spoiler Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven:

Doesn't contain my favorite song by them (Moya), but is my favorite album of theirs overall

Spoiler Kill la Kill OST:

I love the entire soundtrack, but Ryuko's theme is my favorite.
CaptainFluffatun

Primary: Cubase 5
Cutie Mark: Orchestral

Postby Jokeblue » 04 Jun 2014 18:26

Yeah the Kill la Kill soundtracks pretty awesome. Though I wish "Before My Body Is Dry" either didn't have that crappy rap section, had a better rap section, and in general just have better lyrics (except for the chorus, that parts bitchin')

Jokeblue

Postby FLAOFEI » 04 Jun 2014 19:23

This is a hard choice... Cause sometimes you like all the tracks on an album, but then there's another album with two or three tracks you love to pieces... And I don't usually go by album, I just shuffle the artist I feel like listening to usually.

Probably have to say my favourite is "The Garage" by Slagsmålsklubben
They are a... 'synth' group from Sweden that make the strangest, punyest song titles ever, and sounds that fit those titles perfectly. Fav tracks are "Uteliggarjazz" (translates to "Hobo jazz"), "Show Me Your Pizza", "Sväng om du kan" (translates to "Turn if you can", but recently I realized it's probably "Grove if you can", but they probably thought of both, cause they both fit). When I listen to that album half of the tracks give me the same feeling as when somebody said a horrible pun and I'm like "I see what you did there >:3", the other half is pretty chill, and then "Show me your pizza"... it's not just me right? That does sound like something kinky right? Idk, I really love the album.

Then theres "Hallelujah" by Igorrr. Great album, but can't say it feels as genuine as The Garage...
Then there's Breaking Boundaries by NegaRen... And Cupcakes by Futret, and all the other Futret albums...
I'm tired.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Viricide Filly » 30 Jun 2014 14:45

A quick update happened to my top albums. Also it's now in an easy rate-less collage!

We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Primary: Hula Hoops
Cutie Mark: electric!1!11!

Postby Ischi Vezon » 04 Jul 2014 03:32

This topic, I wish you knew I'd be able to list off album after album until this server crashes, but rather than doing that, I'm going to list off my favorite albums only. (Warning: Still going to be a very long post, you should still listen to these albums when you get a chance, though).

[youtube]tVqPx5mUj0g[/youtube]

Beautifully ambient and simply relaxing. The emotions simply pour through their sound.

[youtube]4FwNSo0GjnA[/youtube]

The bold, funky style of 'Justice' one that is memorable and I can't get enough of it. It combines Disco elements and Electro elements in a way that simply sounds natural together.

[youtube]EnRD0fb2kBg&list=PL-9D-I9eaJM62VKT7yahiM7pC6kpmRRM_[/youtube]

The older elements of electronica have been pretty much tossed out by the newer generation, which I think, is a terrible thing. This album (Released in 2014) is evidence that maybe the style could come back in some way, in which case, I can't wait to hear more.

[youtube]Je6NChw3LiY&list=PL1yYEMwtFZHNP6hwp1lgEEQqkfFXIeqcS[/youtube]

Usually, having music that is so complex that you can't understand it, or hardly dance to it, is a bad thing. But this is a positive attribute Autechre uses to make his sound unique and rich with new flavors and colors.

[youtube]Xw5AiRVqfqk[/youtube]

This album was already mentioned before, and with good reason. Ambient music at it's best.

[youtube]qEI1_oGPQr0[/youtube]

Very indie vibe, done by the one man band, Tycho. Love the emotion and atmosphere this guy delivers

[youtube]3wn8igSeiCI[/youtube]

This album is soothing, almost therapeutic in the way it delivers itself. XXYYXX really doesn't have a genre.

[youtube]PL8B2696D21D1B9DEF[/youtube]

I don't like hip-hop all too much, but this album is one of the few I like, and it delivers. MF Doom has a flow like no one else, and his producing skills puts those who only rap to shame.

[youtube]rYS8edMRgBg&list=ALBTKoXRg38BC_ooo8GDSRMk1zA3HRPf--[/youtube]

During the 1995 era, people were wondering what music in the future would sound like, so in 2002 Squarepusher released one of the most well reclaimed drill and bass albums to date: which sounds like it came from 2050.

[youtube]8aW-ZDxicA0&list=PL7Jq_-KVjTlwASXpg3ssfzlCpN-p8CPiQ[/youtube]

Jazz is boring, right? Well Sonny Sharrock thought so too, so he became part of a genre labeled "Free Jazz", turning the feel good genre into a psychedelic nightmare, which feels like the literal effects of LSD itself. Part of the reason I love this album so much.

[youtube]MIvLXH_cf0s[/youtube]

I couldn't find you the full album, so I got my favorite song off of it instead. Steve Roden, a minimal artist, release his album 'Forms of Paper' which declared him a modern-day renaissance artist.

[youtube]Zg1sgrw1PGM[/youtube]

Such an uplifting, creepy, yet emotional album from Venetian Snares. Do you know how to use trackers? I sure as #&$! don't, but that's how Venetian Snare makes all his pieces. Like some JavaScript programmer, fine tuning every little thing.

[youtube]YHzkJQ3d3kc[/youtube]

Most people wouldn't even consider this music, but Prurient is a genius in my mind. His work has such a heavy, soul shattering emotion to them, it's pretty much the literal sound of depression. I love it, everyone here will probably hate it. Oh well.
Ischi Vezon

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Experimenting.

Postby Jokeblue » 04 Jul 2014 08:29

Ischi Vezon wrote:This topic, I wish you knew I'd be able to list off album after album until this server crashes, but rather than doing that, I'm going to list off my favorite albums only. (Warning: Still going to be a very long post, you should still listen to these albums when you get a chance, though).

Spoiler strange links:

Beautifully ambient and simply relaxing. The emotions simply pour through their sound.

The bold, funky style of 'Justice' one that is memorable and I can't get enough of it. It combines Disco elements and Electro elements in a way that simply sounds natural together.

The older elements of electronica have been pretty much tossed out by the newer generation, which I think, is a terrible thing. This album (Released in 2014) is evidence that maybe the style could come back in some way, in which case, I can't wait to hear more.

Usually, having music that is so complex that you can't understand it, or hardly dance to it, is a bad thing. But this is a positive attribute Autechre uses to make his sound unique and rich with new flavors and colors.

This album was already mentioned before, and with good reason. Ambient music at it's best.

Very indie vibe, done by the one man band, Tycho. Love the emotion and atmosphere this guy delivers

This album is soothing, almost therapeutic in the way it delivers itself. XXYYXX really doesn't have a genre.

I don't like hip-hop all too much, but this album is one of the few I like, and it delivers. MF Doom has a flow like no one else, and his producing skills puts those who only rap to shame.

During the 1995 era, people were wondering what music in the future would sound like, so in 2002 Squarepusher released one of the most well reclaimed drill and bass albums to date: which sounds like it came from 2050.

Jazz is boring, right? Well Sonny Sharrock thought so too, so he became part of a genre labeled "Free Jazz", turning the feel good genre into a psychedelic nightmare, which feels like the literal effects of LSD itself. Part of the reason I love this album so much.

I couldn't find you the full album, so I got my favorite song off of it instead. Steve Roden, a minimal artist, release his album 'Forms of Paper' which declared him a modern-day renaissance artist.

Such an uplifting, creepy, yet emotional album from Venetian Snares. Do you know how to use trackers? I sure as #&$! don't, but that's how Venetian Snare makes all his pieces. Like some JavaScript programmer, fine tuning every little thing.

Most people wouldn't even consider this music, but Prurient is a genius in my mind. His work has such a heavy, soul shattering emotion to them, it's pretty much the literal sound of depression. I love it, everyone here will probably hate it. Oh well.

Heh, it looks like you've had a few problems with the linking :3 I Wish I could hear these albums and/or songs that you're talking about xD

Ascii made a handy little guide on how embeds work, check it out. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9748

So basically when embedding, you just copy the link straight from your search bar, paste, and remove the 's' if it's 'https://'. It should look like this but without the spaces - [Youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVqPx5mUj0g [/Youtube]

So when you post it it comes out like this

Also just noticing the sheer amount of albums you've wanted to link to, you might want to spoiler the links after posting, as it slows down some peoples things when they have to load the embeds apparently.

So just highlight your youtube link and just click "spoiler", and add what you're calling the spoiler in the tag. Will look something like this (again remove the space between the spoiler= and the title, as well as the spaces in the youtube embed-
[spoiler = The Glitch Mob - Drink the Sea Full Album][Youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVqPx5mUj0g [/Youtube][/spoiler]

And so the full thing looks like this
Spoiler The Glitch Mob - Drink the Sea Full Album:

Spoilers don't always work when you add extra characters like ' " ( ) for some reason so just watch for any of those and remove them if your spoiler refuses to spoiler

But you're not here for that haha! You're here to share some awesome albums. I'm really loving this Glitch Mob album, by the way. Really, really awesome.

I'll go ahead and fix up the rest of the links too, If you want :3

Jokeblue

Postby Jokeblue » 04 Jul 2014 08:55

Imma gonna have to post them in groups of fours because apparently spoilers also only let you put about 4 per post before they dont work...
Ischi Vezon wrote:This topic, I wish you knew I'd be able to list off album after album until this server crashes, but rather than doing that, I'm going to list off my favorite albums only. (Warning: Still going to be a very long post, you should still listen to these albums when you get a chance, though).

Spoiler The Glitch Mob - Drink The Sea:

Spoiler Justice - Cross:

Spoiler Todd Terje - Its Album Time:

Jokeblue

Postby Jokeblue » 04 Jul 2014 08:56

Ischi Vezon wrote:
Spoiler Autechre - Fleure:

Spoiler Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works 85-92:

Spoiler Tycho - Awake:

Spoiler XXYYXX - XXYYXX:

Jokeblue

Postby Jokeblue » 04 Jul 2014 08:58

Ischi Vezon wrote:
Spoiler MF Doom and Madlib- Madvillainy:
(Jb note - This album link appears to be broken or removed. The Playlist is still there, but it seems like a few of the videos have been deleted.
Playlist link - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... D21D1B9DEF

Spoiler Squarepusher - Do You Know Squarepusher:
(Jb note - Again, can't find the album link or a link for a playlist :/ sorry)

Spoiler Sonny Sharrock - Peanut:
(Jb note - I can't seem to find these playlists you've been linking to... )

Spoiler Steve Roden - 8 Breathes of Different Lengths:

Jokeblue

Postby Jokeblue » 04 Jul 2014 09:01

And the last two.
Ischi Vezon wrote:
Spoiler Venetian Snares - Hospitality:

Spoiler PRURIENT Earthworks - Buried In Secret:

Sorry for using up so much space everyone haha. A very large amount of these albums are really, really awesome. You have some great taste, Ischi! It's nice to meet you :3

Jokeblue

Postby Ischi Vezon » 05 Jul 2014 03:14

Jokeblue wrote:

Spoiler strange links:

Heh, it looks like you've had a few problems with the linking :3 I Wish I could hear these albums and/or songs that you're talking about xD

Ascii made a handy little guide on how embeds work, check it out. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9748

So basically when embedding, you just copy the link straight from your search bar, paste, and remove the 's' if it's 'https://'. It should look like this but without the spaces - [Youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVqPx5mUj0g [/Youtube]

So when you post it it comes out like this

Also just noticing the sheer amount of albums you've wanted to link to, you might want to spoiler the links after posting, as it slows down some peoples things when they have to load the embeds apparently.

So just highlight your youtube link and just click "spoiler", and add what you're calling the spoiler in the tag. Will look something like this (again remove the space between the spoiler= and the title, as well as the spaces in the youtube embed-
[spoiler = The Glitch Mob - Drink the Sea Full Album][Youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVqPx5mUj0g [/Youtube][/spoiler]

And so the full thing looks like this
Spoiler The Glitch Mob - Drink the Sea Full Album:

Spoilers don't always work when you add extra characters like ' " ( ) for some reason so just watch for any of those and remove them if your spoiler refuses to spoiler

But you're not here for that haha! You're here to share some awesome albums. I'm really loving this Glitch Mob album, by the way. Really, really awesome.

I'll go ahead and fix up the rest of the links too, If you want :3

Thanks! The layout of the MLR forums is very very similar to the layout of the BIAB forums (Boyinaband.com) which I already used a lot before coming here, so I assumed the way to post links was the same (Take the long jumbled letters after 'youtube.com/watch?=' and insert them between the 'youtube' tags.
Ischi Vezon

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Experimenting.

Postby ExoBassTix » 05 Jul 2014 05:52

Ischi Vezon wrote:Thanks! The layout of the MLR forums is very very similar to the layout of the BIAB forums (Boyinaband.com) which I already used a lot before coming here, so I assumed the way to post links was the same (Take the long jumbled letters after 'youtube.com/watch?=' and insert them between the 'youtube' tags.

That's what we have preview for.
I did have that on another forum as well. It's a very convenient embedding method. If a mod/admin/PHPony reads this, hint hint?
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Jokeblue » 05 Jul 2014 06:23

I actually think the method we have on this site isn't all that bad. It gets pretty easy once you know it.

But let's try stay on topic ;3

Jokeblue

Postby Freewave » 05 Jul 2014 09:40

I guess I'll list my favorites. I've got a wide collection and I always have a hard time picking out the best gems as there's a tossup between emotional attachment and critical perfection. I'm sure this will come across a little as selections from Pitchfork but I do like to go after the classics and there's reason why they are considered so. .

Radiohead- Ok Computer This really is there best work i think as its so dense and not as forboding as Kid A and their post-rock 2000's period. In a way its just as paranoid and bleak and offputting but there's hope and such beauty in the tracks to counter that. It's got LEt Down which i still think is my favorite track by them as its their Pet Sounds moment of studio perfection and just break down crying bliss.

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless. Another hard album to get into but utterly worth the efforts. Abrasive noise pop mixed with sexy dreampop, it's just such a feminine album and damn sexy shoegaze. It also opens doors to other bands where vocals are equally elusive and unimportant (Sigur Ros, Cocteau Twins, etc)

Portishead - Dummy A different style then above but similar. Another feminine and sexy with a muse who could change her vocal style and delivery on a whim. All kinds of retro and trip hop elements throughout.

Bjork- Post Amazing alien/ elvin / icelandic vocalist at her prime here. Every song is a joy and unique approach to fantastic world of creatures and stories.

The Smiths - Queen is Dead. Really any Smiths album is essential and the best of I+II may be more chock full but people always focus on this one and there's a reason. they really are at their prime here and everything works well. Moz's lyrics are the key to enjoying the band and his poetry is unique and commanding. Words are louder then bombs indeed.

U2 - Joshua Tree This is a beautiful album and just amazing from beginning to end. I always play it on road trips when i go out west as it has a desert feel. The fact that this is in Irish band making a beautiful album about America and doing it with such beautifully flowing poetic lyrics is the draw and it succeeds so well.

The Police - Synchronicity Like the above album its a band at it prime and cemented in its time period. It's a great array of different songs about different stories about man and whether we are on the verge of wiping ourselves out or being unfit as a species or going crazy in the process.

Depeche Mode - Violator I don't think there's been an electonic act that's bridged rock and electronic music audiences so well (maybe NIN) but this is them at their heyday. The massive singles and bookmarked with great ambient pieces inbetween which are just as captivating and sensual.

The Strokes - Is This It This is just the most fun album and is the catchiest, toe tapping one i own. It's just a wonderfully drunk and youthful album and led the way for Vampire Weekend to pretty much follow the same mold after The Strokes got bored repeating the same tired formula.

Weezer- Blue Album Just as fun as the above but more emotionally attached. There's such a garage band feel here that's so appealing. True emo music meets geekiness. Shame they went so far downhill after.

Nirvana - Nevermind There's a reason its so good. Kurt reflected everything about being an awkward and confused teenager in one album and made alt rock into pop music. Everything magically came together and then became part of rock tragedy despite everyone seeing the signs.

The Cure - Disintegration Amazing lop-sided album. Side A is all massive singles and well known songs that are the band at their peak. Second side is for the true fans and reflects the depressive gothic beauty of the band. together its the full package.

The Postal Service - Give Up The beautiful thoughts and vocals of Death Cab's vocalist mixed with wonderful IDM and great guest vocal spots and all with a great back story of collaborators who didnt work directly toegther but sent stems back and forth. Just an amazing album that captured heartfelt electronica in a way that wasn't too snooty or poppy.

Chemical Brothers - Exit Planet Dust Another amazing mix of rock with electonic music in a way that challeneged both camps not to enjoy it. Psychedelic rock for a new generation that wanted to dance in open raves and found a perfect soundtrack to do so. Each track melts into the next like a dj mix cementing its power.

Blur - Parklife A band on the verge of losing their recording contract and being just another band that faded into the background made their ultimate britpop record thats full of amazing songs that captured all kinds of genres and sounds from years of amazing British music to draw from. Unlike Oasis who courted the same audience but targeted the drunken knuckle draggers, Blur were the thinking man's band and appealed to a smarter audience.

The Beatles- Sgt Peppers Can't not include the Beatles. This album gets a bit slagged by all the people who see albums as batches of singles and less as synchronicty of songs working to get a vibe. Revolver has the old beatles meets the new beatles experimentation mix, Abbey Road has the band winding down to a split, and the White Album has a blast of all kinds of genres and unmatched creativity; but Sgt Peppers has a unity of vision and an unrivaled studio tricks that would be impossible live and improve from Pet Sounds mold.

Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy. Wonderful diversity of tracks and the band really gets to stretch their creative wings here. There's bits of all kinds of great energy here and each song succeeds, leading to a perfect storm of classic music.

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon The ultimate chill out album and relects on life from birth to death and with touches of losing sanity from the sheer weight of it all. Just majestic and every note feels perfect and completely in the right place. Nothing feels rushed or uneven.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby GCKrastin » 06 Jul 2014 14:21

Most of the music I listen to isn't on full length albums because for some reason EDM is the land of EPs and stuff, but here's a few albums I like.

Noisia - Split The Atom
These guys are basically the gods of dnb. I probably wouldn't be producing dnb (or anything for that matter) if I hadn't heard their song Stigma. There's also some really good electro and breaks on this album.

Red - End Of Silence
Hey look, alt metal! I haven't been listening to much rock or metal since I started listening to EDM a few years ago but this is still a favorite of mine. I like all of Red's albums, but this is the best one.

Black Sun Empire - From The Shadows
More drum and bass, this time by BSE. This mix isn't in order but it does have every song on the album and this mix was included with the album I believe.

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
The absolute best Linkin Park album. No exceptions. (I also consider it to be the best nu metal ever but some would disagree I'm sure)

Jeremy Soule - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim OST
I don't think I need to explain this one.

Destroid - The Invasion
I think the person who uploaded this needs to learn how to video, but the music is just as brutal as normal. A couple tracks on it are a little disappointing but most of it is classic angry Excision-style dubstep.

Noisia - Purpose EP
Aaand some more Noisia because why not. I couldn't find a video with the full thing so here's a playlist.
Producing mediocre drum and bass since 2012.
Stuff I use: FL Studio 12, Harmor, Sytrus, Maximus, Akai MPK Mini, Numark Mixtrack
SoundCloud -=- YouTube -=- Tumblr
GCKrastin

Primary: FL Studio 11/12

Postby ExoBassTix » 09 Jul 2014 13:35

Updated my own list, and got a nice Topsters collage to go with it:

I won't do any talking about it so it won't be a mishmash of bla bla awesome yadda yadda insanely good :P

Okay I'll at least name the genres:

Black Acid (various) - Prog Metal (I'm not sure so don't destroy me) - various - Ambient/Orchestral - Industrial Techno
Thrash Metal (I think) - various - various - Doomcore/Doomtechno - Neurohop? Experimental?
various - Trance - Ambient Noise/Experimental - Drum 'N' Bass/Experimental - IDM
Drone Ambient - Dark Ambient/Industrial Hardcore - Dubstep - Dark Ambient - Drone Ambient
Speedcore - Deep/Dub Techno/Ambient - IDM? - Emotional Piano - Deep Techno
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Return to Music Discussion