Eurobeat Discussion Thread

This isn't a forum for specifically talking about production or posting your own music, but it is a place to talk about the music you are listening to.

Eurobeat Discussion Thread

Postby Mijka » 31 Mar 2014 04:21

Woa, it's been a while since i posted on the MLR board !

I'd like to start a new topic about Eurobeat, a genre a bit forgotten these days, despise the fact it helped a lot the fandom's musical scene to build its foundations.
Even the background story behind Eurobeat and it's "survivance" (?) in Japan for decades when it was totally forgotten in Europe is surprising... and on top of it, the 80's feel mixed with fast-paced and joyful beats just seems to wake up the stupid enthousiast of happy-hardcore that sleeps in me, automatically putting that smile on my face everytime i listen to Eurobeat.

For the occasion i made a podcast about it (Freewave has been aware about their existence for a while, not sure about the rest of the users of the board ^^), wrapping a selected playlist with synthesis and explanations about the genre, it's history and it's influence on the fandom with Odyssey's compositions... in french D:.

It's still a start for this thread :
https://soundcloud.com/mijka-pony-club/pony-club-n-18-sp-cial
Pony Club : Eurobeat edition

Feel free to share feels, stories and even links of Eurobeat & similar tracks !
Mijka

Primary: Just horrible Audacity for podcasts.
Cutie Mark: No CM, i'm a griffon, silly !

Re: Eurobeat Discussion Thread

Postby Freewave » 31 Mar 2014 09:45

I'll put my interview with Odyessy in here. He does talk a lot about the genre in it for anyone interested.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby S.P.P » 31 Mar 2014 15:32

Finally, someone else who gets it! Euro eat is and always will be a (not-so) guilty pleasure of mine. Its so interchangable with UK hardcore sometimes, and never fails to put me in a good mood.

Dave Rodgers is god.
S.P.P

Primary: FL Studio, Ableton, Pro Tools

Postby KoolKool93 » 12 Apr 2014 05:02

Some interesting facts i found about eurobeat

- 90s is a good era of eurobeat (just like many EDM genres)
- DJ command is one the most big statue of japanese eurobeat scence..his sound is unique, his skill can compare with legendary Dave Rodgers
- Everyone talked alots about "special" brass lead - a supersharp supersaw, multi-layered x2 x3 or x5, usually high pitched,fast attack,stab..
- High BPM like happy hardcore...
- Synth1 is a popular vst for many eurobeat amatuer japanese (at least for desktop producers,not for hardware guy :D )
- Touhou eurobeat series will get your intention, touhou soundtracks but remix to eurobeat style..interesting!

- oh yes, i like Odyssey's eurobeat work,a friendly producer who love talking with fans!

....i love happy hardcore, especially oldskool stuff in 90s, heavy influence from classic eurodance = speedy eurodance,feature catchy piano,good vocals...
but then now,happy hardcore is "happy,fast trance",too heavy,too loud...all good old sounds gone....! :umm:
KoolKool93

Primary: FL
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Return to Music Discussion