N00b Questions

This isn't a forum for specifically talking about production or posting your own music, but it is a place to talk about the music you are listening to.

N00b Questions

Postby Donorox » 31 Mar 2016 16:19

Im really new to being a DJ and I've only recently been using my own sounds. For the past 3 years I've been using loops to make aweful songs. I was just wondering what all of you used and how good it is. All I have is the FL Studio 12 demo and im hoping to buy the full thing soon. Also in addition I was wondering if any of you could teach me a bit a bout how to make songs and the structure. I have a pretty good knowledge of the beats and somewhat of the structure but I do not understand how to make basic things like wubs which are pretty important. Please help.
Donorox

Primary: FL Studio 12
Cutie Mark: The footprint from my logo

Re: N00b Questions

Postby Mordecai Mapper » 01 Apr 2016 11:57

Break the rules and experiment something new
Mordecai/Mapper

Also know as MO)))RD
Mordecai Mapper

Cutie Mark: Heavy Metal Hand

Re: N00b Questions

Postby Jason Martin » 16 May 2016 10:56

I'd say the first thing to do would be to ditch the loops completely. Instead, fill up your studio with drum samples and some good-to-high quality VSTis. As for following structure to create a track, you first must learn the general rules of track structure and the like, then break those rules and create somewhat of your own structure.

As for wubs...automation. You have FL Studio, which means you can easily use automation. Use it very very well if you want good wubs. And research. Watch how other people do their stuff and figure out what kind of workflow works best for you.

That's still a little basic, but I hope this somewhat helps a little more.
Jason Martin

Return to Music Discussion