What was the sound track to your 2014?

This isn't a forum for specifically talking about production or posting your own music, but it is a place to talk about the music you are listening to.

What was the sound track to your 2014?

Postby NightmareRare » 07 Jan 2015 00:20

Hey everypony!

Well somepony had to ask this important question.. WHAT... Album was the soundtrack to your 2014?
Mine was Portugal, the man's album Evil Friends. It had a song for each stage I when through that year!! Great band check em if you get bord! Now I wanna know your guys picks ( so I can steal em hehe >:) )..
Hayden Wired
Twitter Time!
Facebook Friend Machine!
---
" I never fell apart because I guess I never really fell together."
- Andy Warhol
NightmareRare

Primary: Ableton
Cutie Mark: Cup of Coffee

Re: What was the sound track to your 2014?

Postby FLAOFEI » 07 Jan 2015 09:42

Gonna jave to go for My Love Is a Bulldozer by Venetian Snares. It's got a bunch of really intense stuff happening, which are really fun, and make me happy, like graduating from my old school, the Crystal fair con, and uni parties, and actually uni studies too, they are really fun. But it's also a bit sinister, and has all the feels, like realiseing the relationship you where in was a lie you told yourself to avoid lonlieness :/
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby DJ TATCM » 07 Jan 2015 15:27

i'm assuming that the album doesn't have to be released in 2014 itself, since portugal. the man hasn't done anything i've heard since that (admittedly clever) sumatran tiger stunt. so with that i have to choose acid rap by chance the rapper. i don't think i've heard a mixtape as pristinely polished and sonically wonderful as that one, it rivals many rap albums out there on pure sound and the lyrical depth is surprising considering a lot of his previous tape was him ruminating about getting suspended

on a side note, honestly i dont think 2014 was as good as 2013 when it came to albums, only ones that i liked this year really were lp1, you're dead!, st vincent, and the rerelease of intro bonito :/
CommandSpry wrote:srbija never explore pleasure of sit :(

Vote for my remix here!
Soundcloud
BandCamp
YouTube
our love is stronger than a golden banana
DJ TATCM

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: trent reznor

Postby ExoBassTix » 07 Jan 2015 17:45

If this is indeed you asking about any album, regardless of release year, that best describes 2014 the way it was for me, ... then it's still a tough question.
I tend to look back on a year without looking, rather accepting it happened and regardless of whether my situation at the moment is negative or positive, I can't change it nor would I want to. That tends to make the past happy no matter what. It doesn't need to have a meaning, it's just good and lets me shine a bit more.

Taking that in mind, and coming back to the question, I think the closest to describing 2014 as a whole with but a single album, I would go for Stars Of The Lid - Avec Laudenum (outro track). That's not to say Julien Mier - Jane's Junkyard, Maps And Diagrams - The Giant Woods, VA - Slow Living Vol 2, VA - Lithium (which was so impressive to me that I bought the shirt and cassette even though the digital album is free; yes, that good) or VA - LOVCD00 Compilation (which I bought the CD of even though the digital album is free; yes, that damn good) don't fit the role equally well.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby NightmareRare » 09 Jan 2015 00:37

Wow good picks guys! And just to clarify for you, yes it does NOT have to be a album from last year. :grin:
Hayden Wired
Twitter Time!
Facebook Friend Machine!
---
" I never fell apart because I guess I never really fell together."
- Andy Warhol
NightmareRare

Primary: Ableton
Cutie Mark: Cup of Coffee

Postby Facade » 09 Jan 2015 10:43

https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby ExoBassTix » 10 Jan 2015 09:39

Spoiler Tommy Four Seven - G:
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Jason Martin » 16 Oct 2015 08:42

I think for quite a long time, it was "Red" by Aviators. But as it slowly got later in the year, I guess it somewhat changed to "Bulletproof".
Jason Martin

Primary: FL Studio 12

Return to Music Discussion