Lone Indie Developer Needs RPG Musician

Do you have a project proposal that should involve music? Looking for collaborations? See if the community would like to help you.
Forum rules
Please be respectful towards musicians who are contemplating whether to help you or not.

Lone Indie Developer Needs RPG Musician

Postby Yotes » 13 Aug 2014 15:57

Hello there! I'm Yotes of http://www.yotesgames.com and I love making video games! Trouble is, mastering composition takes a lot of work and I could get so many more games out if I had help with the music side of things.

I need to find somebody who loves making music to be my go-to music contractor. I plan on having a career as an indie game developer and making lots of pony themed video game series. The project I'm currently gearing up for is basically Pokemon featuring ponies for mobile devices. If you know anyone who can make original music in the style of the Gen 3 - Gen 5 games, please send them my way.

This search is particularly tough because I can't just go out and hire somebody. I'm a kid in college with no money to his name. If any of my games do turn a profit it goes straight toward tuition so I can help my parents (who are drowning themselves in debt for me). My solution is to offer the soundtrack to my games separately and give 100% of those profits to the composer. The game's popularity will fuel OST sales and provide a way for the musician to profit from the success of the game. At least until I get to a stable financial point where I can pay upfront in addition to giving the music creator 100% of soundtrack profit.

If you want to know what level of quality I'm capable of, this is footage from my latest game. Please know that with each game, my skills only improve and I continue to get better at this stuff each day.
Alpha Video Demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feWY_L_3HBo
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feWY_L_3HBo[/youtube]

A partnership like this is most likely to work best with someone who is also still developing their talent and constantly seeking improvement. It helps to have a big passion for video games too (RPGs in particular). I think we can help each other reach our career goals through collaboration. If anyone knows anyone else that fits that description I'd love to get in contact.

Just E-Mail [email protected]
Yotes

Primary: Mixcraft
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: Lone Indie Developer Needs RPG Musician

Postby Yotes » 24 Aug 2014 09:04

Alright! Mission complete! I've found my music artists! Thanks to everyone for their quick response and lifting this huge weight off my shoulders. I really wasn't expecting so many composers willing to help and Yotes Games will be that much better because of it.
Yotes

Primary: Mixcraft
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Return to Pony Fan Project Recruitment