A small idea/need help

Do you have a project proposal that should involve music? Looking for collaborations? See if the community would like to help you.
Forum rules
Please be respectful towards musicians who are contemplating whether to help you or not.

A small idea/need help

Postby Autumn Blaze » 20 Mar 2014 03:29

Hey I'm Autumn Blaze.
First day on site, soo if I got this post in the wrong place bump the thread or tell me ^_^ so i know in the future Thank you.

I was bored and if anypony is looking for some funny stuff or want to make a parody of another song called.
WE LIKE TO PONY (or Me like to pony??) and basically its a ripoff/spinoff/parody of We like to party by vengaboys.
Soo, here's basically what I got so far (since i have no musical experience as of yet, i can't do it myself but please credit me if you do use the lyrics)
[spoiler]
~start~
We like to pony
We like, we like to pony
We like to pony
We like, we like to pony
We like to pony
We like, we like to pony
We like to pony

I've got something to tell ya
I've got news for you
Gonna put some wheels in motion
Get ready 'cause we're coming through
Hey now, hey now, hear what I say now
Happiness is just around the corner
Hey now, hey now, hear what I say now
Ponys will be there for you.

~chorus~
The mane six is coming
And everypony's jumping
ponyville to canterlot
gonna make you dance a lot
The cart wheels are turning
And everypony's yearning (if that word fits ^_^)
So if you like to party
Get on and move your body (or Everypony move your body)
~we like to pony again~
The mane six is coming, the main six is coming
The main six is coming, the main six is..
[/spoiler]

:lol: aheh just bored and came up with the small parody, i mean its always great to have a parody or a joke :lol:
Anyway don't get mad at me but this place does need a suggestion thread or idea thread to help ponys get ideas or send ideas. although if there is one..umm sorry :oops:
Autumn Blaze

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: A small idea/need help

Postby Freewave » 20 Mar 2014 15:39

So you've got lyrics to your parody. Were you looking for someone to make the song for you or were you just trying to get an opinion on the idea. Wasn't sure if you were a musician or not.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Autumn Blaze » 21 Mar 2014 03:02

Freewave wrote:So you've got lyrics to your parody. Were you looking for someone to make the song for you or were you just trying to get an opinion on the idea. Wasn't sure if you were a musician or not.

well I'm only just starting out.. so yeah ^_^ because I'm not that good best i could do is something simple.
Autumn Blaze

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Freewave » 21 Mar 2014 07:33

Well my recommendation is if you're new and you've written the lyrics to a parody song and you want to make this song, that you actually start working to make that song yourself! Why wouldn't you?

Look for a midi of that original song to start with
Hey here's one http://www.free-midi.org/song/vengaboys ... party.html
and then you can open that midi as a project file and plug your own synths for the instruments and change it up a bit. Give it some updating too as that song is seriously old in its original form.

THEN see how that turns out and see what type of assistance are you looking for further. Are you needing a vocalist to do the vocal portion? Just need help polishing that first track up? It's way too early to be asking for help unless you're clear where you need help at as you should be able to get a song going yourself based off what i put above. Part of being a musician is being able to figureout how your DAW works and getting started on your first several projects on your own. :wink:
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Return to Pony Fan Project Recruitment