Music of Whenever

Do you have a project proposal that should involve music? Looking for collaborations? See if the community would like to help you.
Forum rules
Please be respectful towards musicians who are contemplating whether to help you or not.

Music of Whenever

Postby Spee-D » 25 Nov 2013 18:58

Hi3490034680394860394iu093u09euroieuoierutoiqwuer
Last edited by Spee-D on 25 Jun 2015 00:13, edited 1 time in total.
Spee-D

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: Music of Whenever

Postby ClaviSound » 26 Nov 2013 01:46

With all due respect, I think that if you're going to do this to help give views to those videos rejected by Equestria Daily, you're going to have a bad time. Unless you've already made a name for yourself, it's going to be very, very difficult to gain it by doing a music series like this. I appreciate your spirit and desire to help those with less exposure, but I can pretty safely say this project is not going to go anywhere, especially if it's as casual as your pitch suggests. I'm not saying this to be mean, but your idea has been attempted before, and it doesn't tend to catch a lot of attention if it's one guy putting together videos when he feels like it.

In order for something like this to really succeed, it needs a more solid communication network, a team of dedicated individuals, and a more consistent schedule so people don't lose interest. All the power to you, but I don't think it'll get off the ground very far.
aka Scott Hopkins aka Swerve Keystyle aka Equestrian Threat: https://www.youtube.com/c/EquestrianThreat

I can't type cursive, so I don't know what's supposed to go in my signature.

Don't quote me.
ClaviSound

Primary: Audacity cuz sweg, Ableton
Cutie Mark: N/A

Postby Spee-D » 26 Nov 2013 13:44

ClaviSound,

While I probably won't make much of a difference, if I help give even a few views, I'll be happy. I understand and agree with your criticism. Perhaps I can create a loose sort of schedule, as well as find other people to help.

Thanks for your comment,
Spee-D
Spee-D

Postby Injustrial » 26 Nov 2013 15:14

I can throw you some stuff, if you'd like. Like Clavi, I doubt you'll be making any big waves, but it would be cool if you got some exposure to some hidden gems.

Check out my channel and see if there's anything you like: http://www.youtube.com/user/Afalahs

PS: Mixes on early stuff is terrible...
Injustrial

Cutie Mark: Sh*t on Fire

Postby Alycs » 27 Nov 2013 19:05

Yo, Spee-D, while as a single person, you might not get very far, there is a new blog starting up led by a good number of the moderators and regulars (myself included) on the forum. Its called FiM Music, and its meant to feature albums, songs, and artists that you may have not heard of.

However, because going though all the pony music this fandom produces a day is a large task, if you are going to be doing this series, you could consider sending Freewave a message about becoming an affiliate. Any help is appreciated.

Good Luck

http://fimmusic.tumblr.com/
Soundcloud||Tumblr||Youtube||Graphics||Bandcamp
Freewave wrote:being too critical can make you too critical
Alycs

Cutie Mark: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Postby Freewave » 27 Nov 2013 19:24

Yup if you want to join up and do a weekly or twice a month feature of your favorite community tracks i'd be down for that possibly. However we aren't yet another blog that's going to individual songs as posts as i think thats a bit tired and unuseful formula that hasn't done well. Keep in mind that EQD's MOTD stadards are pretty low so if a person can't get on there there's a chance there's a good reason WHY (many flaws in the song or non-pony). We want to have quality control too. ;)

Gimme a msg on skype and we might talk about a bit (same name)...
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Spee-D » 27 Nov 2013 22:44

Injustrial your music sounds really good! Thanks :D

FiM Music sounds great Alycs, and I've actually gotten some friends to help with MoW, although the series should probably be renamed.

I'd love a twice a month feature, perhaps on the 15th and 30th of every month (28th when necessary). As for quality control, I think I'll only post tracks both I and my friends approve of. I did look for you on Skype Freewave, however there were multiple people with the name. My name on Skype is austin.carpenter50.

If anyone has an idea for a better name than MoW, that'd be great. :)

Thanks everyone!
Spee-D
Spee-D

Return to Pony Fan Project Recruitment