Looking for songwriter or singer

Do you have a project proposal that should involve music? Looking for collaborations? See if the community would like to help you.
Forum rules
Please be respectful towards musicians who are contemplating whether to help you or not.

Looking for songwriter or singer

Postby Electric Velocity » 19 Nov 2013 17:27

I'm hopefully going to be making a lot of new original songs pretty soon, and I am in need of a songwriter to come up with the lyrics for them. I can try to sing it all myself, but I might also want to collaborate with whoever is coming up with the lyrics or just anyone who wants to sing. The subject of the lyrics is kind of hard to explain, but the best way to describe the type I'm going for would be funk and soul/disco. Lots of yeah's and ooh's, but also something catchy that you hum after you hear it. Some of the songs I want to make are a bit slower paced and kind of depend on the lyrics to stay interesting, so for those I'd like more complex verses and diversity. For a lot of the dance tracks though, I'm fine with repeating 1-5 words over and over. I just need help coming up with words that don't sound lame or like other songs. Reply or PM me if you're interested in singing and/or coming up with lyrics with me. Whoever decides to help me write songs will get credit, but I can't pay anyone right now.
Electric Velocity

Re: Looking for songwriter or singer

Postby ClaviSound » 19 Nov 2013 17:42

Easy, look up a guy called "James Brown." Dude's not the Godfather of Soul for nothing. (Probably best known for "I Feel Good," although you might also be familiar with the JB's, his backing band.) Copy all the stuff he yells out at seemingly random intervals, and you've got yourself some lyrics. Ta-daaaa
aka Scott Hopkins aka Swerve Keystyle aka Equestrian Threat: https://www.youtube.com/c/EquestrianThreat

I can't type cursive, so I don't know what's supposed to go in my signature.

Don't quote me.
ClaviSound

Primary: Audacity cuz sweg, Ableton
Cutie Mark: N/A

Postby Electric Velocity » 19 Nov 2013 17:46

ClaviSound wrote:Easy, look up a guy called "James Brown." Dude's not the Godfather of Soul for nothing. (Probably best known for "I Feel Good," although you might also be familiar with the JB's, his backing band.) Copy all the stuff he yells out at seemingly random intervals, and you've got yourself some lyrics. Ta-daaaa

Haha, I love James Brown. Yeah, I'm planning on doing something close to his style, but less about love and more about music. I'm going to use a vocoder and have lots of funky rhythms. Some of it will be pony-related, but first I just want to get the style down before I attempt to involve ponies.
Electric Velocity

Postby FritzyBeat » 20 Nov 2013 13:06

Wow, I just checked out your music and MAN is it a joy to listen to! =D

If you are still looking for a singer or songwriter, then I would be happy to help out.
My song Oxygen has original lyrics of mine as well as my singing featured, so if you like you can check it out and see if I'm the type of singer/songwriter you are looking for:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_AYXdVovfs
(The lyrics are in the description)

So yeah, again, feel free to check it out and let me know if I'm anywhere near what you are looking for XP
Good luck on finding someone to help you out Electric Velocity, I'm sure whatever it is you two come up with will sound awesome =D
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybhzNv4lLfKc1gQ09Cqx6g
If any of you guys are looking for a singer (or an occasional songwriter) then feel free to hit me up, I'm always happy to join in a collaboration =)
FritzyBeat

Primary: GarageBand
Cutie Mark: Muffins!

Postby Electric Velocity » 20 Nov 2013 15:58

That song was very nice and your voice is much better than mine. Although the style was a little too trancey for me. I could probably make music like that, I just don't really want to. As far as the lyrics go, they sound good, are meaningful, and don't make nonsense, which is what I'm looking for. My songs would have a different structure though.
Electric Velocity

Postby FritzyBeat » 20 Nov 2013 22:57

Electric Velocity wrote:That song was very nice and your voice is much better than mine. Although the style was a little too trancey for me. I could probably make music like that, I just don't really want to. As far as the lyrics go, they sound good, are meaningful, and don't make nonsense, which is what I'm looking for. My songs would have a different structure though.

Thanks, I checked out your music too, and it sounds AMAZING! you really are a very talented musician! :mrgreen:

I actually sing in a number of different styles, from country to acoustic to rock to rap to electronic…. etc… (you get the picture =P)And most of it I do live at church, so I am quite comfortable with switching styles if you ever wanted to do a song with me sometime =) The only thing I can't do is scream, I tried it once and lost my voice for days XD

So yeah, again, I would love to work with you on something if you ever wanted to, and I would be comfortable singing in any style of music you throw at me =D Just send me a PM anytime =)
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybhzNv4lLfKc1gQ09Cqx6g
If any of you guys are looking for a singer (or an occasional songwriter) then feel free to hit me up, I'm always happy to join in a collaboration =)
FritzyBeat

Primary: GarageBand
Cutie Mark: Muffins!

Postby Alptraum Mond » 27 Nov 2013 02:59

Right now, I have a collaboration with an artist named Aezis, which should be done in short order. That would give you a sample of my vocal talents. I'll link when I have a YouTube or SoundCloud link of my vocals and such, but if you need a songwriter still, I have experience writing lyrics. I'm a writer by trade, so I could definitely do the lyrics if needed.

Again, I'll leave vocals here once I get the chance. Sorry I don't have any ready right off the bat.
Alptraum Mond

Primary: Audacity
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Return to Pony Fan Project Recruitment