Batch Resave in Kontakt 5 (Speed up your load times)

Sample Packs? VSTs? DAWs? EQ? What DOES the knee on the Compressor do? All computer-related music making topics belong here!

Batch Resave in Kontakt 5 (Speed up your load times)

Postby Conduit » 25 Feb 2014 19:07

This is just a quick tutorial for those of you who use Kontakt libraries, and want to improve the load times. Just as a warning this takes quite a while, probably ~10 minutes per library depending on the size. It's definitely worth it in the end though, and really simple.

Step One: Open Kontakt and select "Batch Re-Save" under the "Files" menu

Step Two: Hit yes when it asks if you really want to do this. You know what your doing right?

Step Three: Navigate to the kontakt library you want to improve the load time of. For this I'm using Adagio Violas. Make sure you select the entire folder, not just the instruments section and hit OK.

Step Four: Wait while it scans for missing files. Note that these files aren't actually missing, Kontakt is just missing the pathways to find them.

Step Four and a Half: If Kontakt dectects missing files (I got really unlucky here and none of my libraries had this issue, so no picture for this step)
Tick the box that says "Keep these settings for this session". After doing that use the manual browse on the right side and select the same folder you did for step three. I'll try to see if I get a picture up for this later.

Step Five: Wait while Kontakt re-saves the files. After this is done the window will disappear and you can go ahead and load your library.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: I've done this to all of my libraries now, and none came up with missing files. If you get that could you take a screenshot so I can add it to the guide?
https://soundcloud.com/flatflish/a-warm-past

DAW: Logic 9
Vst's: Absynth, Battery, FM8, Guitar Rig, Kontakt, Massive, Maschine
Real Instruments: Acoustic/Electric Guitar, Cello, Piano

YoutubeSoundcloudTutors ThreadSkype: FlatflishImage
Conduit

Primary: Logic Pro 9
Cutie Mark: Strings

Re: Batch Resave in Kontakt 5 (Speed up your load times)

Postby Callenby » 25 Feb 2014 19:22

Yes, I remember posting a very brief video about this very thing.

http://www.cinematicstrings.com/index.php/blogs

On the right hand side click on the video called "Speeding up loading times". (Can't directly embed)
"Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist." - Pablo Picasso
Free online classes (including music) can be found here. Credit for my avatar goes to Lolo.

Tumblr / YouTube / Soundcloud
Callenby

Primary: Cubase 7.5
Cutie Mark: Double bass clef heart

Return to Resources, Software, and Mixing Advice