blog/news site for music production stuff

Sample Packs? VSTs? DAWs? EQ? What DOES the knee on the Compressor do? All computer-related music making topics belong here!

blog/news site for music production stuff

Postby senntenial » 22 Feb 2014 12:01

So I've been kind of absent from MLR for a while [ sorry ): ] but it was for good reason; I'm revamping some of my websites, and I just added a new one under the domain http://blog.senntenial.com/.

It's just a wordpress website that I hooked up to my main, and it focuses on music production (primarily reviews of VSTs, Hardware, etc). I decided to make it after VST Cafe seemed to die last June, and there weren't very many good sites in that realm. I also was really inspired by The Verge with their extremely high quality content and media.

So, I made this blog, where I'll hopefully update a few times a week about free & paid software/hardware. I've already got some sample stuff up reviewing the new Launchkey keyboard I bought and FL Studio.

I'm gonna start looking at the free VST world too, so if you have any suggestions, that'd be cool UuU. Lemme know what you think.

I also made some neato graphics c:
My website with free music resources
18 year old full stack web dev and designer
senntenial
Global Moderator

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: ponies are for losers

Re: blog/news site for music production stuff

Postby Freewave » 22 Feb 2014 12:13

Do you think that could fit in with FIMM's music blog? We have a section for tutorials that's rather minimal at this point. If you think that covering production tools and reviews is something other musicians would want to read and be relevent the the scene (it sounds like it could be) it could be a regular feature there. We'd love to include it, link it, and reblog it on our tumblr. Thoughts?
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby senntenial » 22 Feb 2014 12:17

That'd be really awesome, Freewave :D. As long as you're cool with including a non-brony related site.
My website with free music resources
18 year old full stack web dev and designer
senntenial
Global Moderator

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: ponies are for losers

Postby Freewave » 22 Feb 2014 14:15

Well our site is for the brony music scene. But if you're going to take the time to review things that would be helpful in OUR music production then its a good fit as we want musicians to be a large part of the readership. TBH our tutorial section needed a good kick in the ass and this will help a lot.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Return to Resources, Software, and Mixing Advice