Got something for the community? I have a website.

Sample Packs? VSTs? DAWs? EQ? What DOES the knee on the Compressor do? All computer-related music making topics belong here!

Got something for the community? I have a website.

Postby senntenial » 30 Dec 2013 15:18

So you've probably seen my website before, and all it's neat little goodies.

Anyway, I'd like to start a community page where patches/instruments/samples can be uploaded and downloaded.

I will have later rules, but remember the following if you wanna submit something:

RULES

- Be professional. Since this website caters to all of the web, patch names like "clusterfuck.nsmv" are unfortunately unacceptable. This also means that obviously pony references aren't allowed either.
- Be mindful of copyrights. You can't use anything that you didn't make entirely on your own or have permission to use.
- Only high quality is acceptable. This is not a download server, so I fully intend to moderate content and only accept well-made content.

Concerning Cash
I do have paid downloads on my website that help cover the cost of hosting and domain charges. Although I still have to work out the details, I'd like to keep the community tab fully free for everyone.

So yeah
Although I'm still working out specifics, I think the community tab will be in place of what is now the samples tab in the downloads page (I don't really have any samples...) All authors will be credited as well as I can credit.

I know this is still very abstract and there's a lot for me to do, but feel free to post any questions and suggestions.
My website with free music resources
18 year old full stack web dev and designer
senntenial
Global Moderator

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: ponies are for losers

Re: Got something for the community? I have a website.

Postby topitmunkeydog » 31 Dec 2013 08:27

so I really liked your bowed guitar instrument on the site but do the instruments and patches work in Ableton Live? I'm just getting started and I'm not quite sure how installing things works but yeah

I liked the design of your website a lot by the way, it is very happy :)
topitmunkeydog

Primary: (trying to learn) ableton
Cutie Mark: yes

Postby senntenial » 31 Dec 2013 10:43

The stuff I have in instrument downloads is for a VST called Kontakt. If you didn't know yet, VSTs are digital instruments or effects that can be imported into any DAW that supports them, like FL Studio or in your case, Ableton. Although Kontakt player is free, you'll unfortunately still need to have a full copy of Kontakt from native instruments to play most custom instruments like the stuff on my site. And thanks :D
My website with free music resources
18 year old full stack web dev and designer
senntenial
Global Moderator

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: ponies are for losers

Postby LFP » 31 Dec 2013 11:02

Awesome, I'll definitely contribute once I get home from vacation!
Brony Music Directory
Nine Volt wrote:That feel when 9V will never take you out to dinner 3:
LFP

Cutie Mark: Blank flank4evar

Return to Resources, Software, and Mixing Advice