[Solved] Guitar Pro 6 Trouble

Sample Packs? VSTs? DAWs? EQ? What DOES the knee on the Compressor do? All computer-related music making topics belong here!

[Solved] Guitar Pro 6 Trouble

Postby hunterz263 » 30 Nov 2013 00:16

Hello everypony,

I am kinda of nervous about posting a forum topic just because I have a problem, but I am running out of ideas on how to get this program to work.

I have recently acquired a CD copy of Guitar Pro 6 from my local Guitar Center for $50 (due to the Black Friday sale). Everything went smoothly with the installation of the program and the soundbanks as well. When I started up the program, I went ahead and started messing around with it writing down a few rhythms I am tabbing by ear. When I went to play them back, I found myself confused why the MIDI file refused to play and show the blue bar going along with the notes and tabs. I restarted the program and still came across the same problem: When I hit the play button, everything would grey out, but nothing would play; no sound either.

I downloaded a few tabs already made in Guitar Pro to see if there was something I was doing wrong in the empty template. When I hit the play button, nothing came out again. I let the thing sit there for three minutes on play and nothing happened. There was no sound and the MIDI refused to play. The normal bar that would highlight a section of music from what I saw in videos refused to show up or even start. I checked the audio settings and everything seemed correct.

I am on a Mac Pro desktop with Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks. I am not sure if it is my operating system or simply something wrong with the program. I have tried re-installing the soundbanks and I have also opened the examples provided from the program. Nothing; it refuses to play the MIDI file. I tested the export option and it works absolutely fine, playing the song entirely -- this generally confuses me how the export works, but it fails to play inside the program it is coming from.

It would be highly appreciated if there are any of you that know how to solve this conundrum.

I appreciate your time for reading this.

--hunterz263

EDIT: I just needed to update the program to version 6.1.5... I solved the issue!
Last edited by hunterz263 on 30 Nov 2013 01:00, edited 2 times in total.
Soundcloud: hunterz263
YouTube: gamer263

Audio Interface:
-Fractal Audio Axe-FX II XL

Guitars:
-Fender American Standard Stratocaster (Standard tuning)
-Fender American Standard Telecaster (Eb standard)
-Fender Squire Bullet Strat (Drop C#)
-Gibson Les Paul Standard 2013 (Drop D)
-Ibanez RGIR27FE (Drop A)
-Ibanez RGIR20FE (Drop A#)

Bass:
-Fender American Standard Precision Bass

DAW:
-Logic Pro X
hunterz263

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Guitar

Re: Guitar Pro 6 Trouble

Postby itroitnyah » 30 Nov 2013 00:56

Put "[Solved]" in the title so people know it's a solved problem :)
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Return to Resources, Software, and Mixing Advice