MASSIVE: Massively overloads my sound card? Inconsistencies.

Sample Packs? VSTs? DAWs? EQ? What DOES the knee on the Compressor do? All computer-related music making topics belong here!

Do you think it is my sound card that's causing the problem?

Yes
8%
No
92%

Total votes : 13

Re: MASSIVE: Massively overloads my sound card? Inconsistenc

Postby LFP » 27 Nov 2013 14:01

Are you sure they are plugins of the AU format (logic uses this) and not vst?
Most plugins do have an AU counterpart but some less popular plugins does not.
Brony Music Directory
Nine Volt wrote:That feel when 9V will never take you out to dinner 3:
LFP

Cutie Mark: Blank flank4evar

Postby RubyVesper » 27 Nov 2013 23:18

LFP wrote:Are you sure they are plugins of the AU format (logic uses this) and not vst?
Most plugins do have an AU counterpart but some less popular plugins does not.

They are all ".component" files.
RubyVesper

Primary: Ableton Live 9 Suite
Cutie Mark: FM8 Icon

Postby RubyVesper » 28 Nov 2013 10:45

Kyoga wrote:couldn't he... just... press the Restart Via Gate button?
forces the oscillators to restart exactly at the same spot of the wavetable every time you press le button

Thanks a lot! It worked. I couldn't even find the darned button without the manual...

Now I only need to know how I can get logic to detect my other synths, and why the hell glide won't work for me in Massive (for some reason it literally does nothing).

And yes, I will try to learn more of the basics of synthesis and use some simpler synths before going full-on excavator mode with Massive (we need to go deeper).

I expect it to be tough at first, and then get really easy. Like just about anything I've ever learned. I learned the entirety of Pokémon in a month (and I mean everything), I learned effective video production quickly and without any tutorials, I learned myself everything to know about hobby-grade RC in two months. I don't see this being all too much different. Trial, error and correction as I like to say. (I never say that)
RubyVesper

Primary: Ableton Live 9 Suite
Cutie Mark: FM8 Icon

Postby S.P.P » 01 Dec 2013 17:09

I'm pretty positive that VST to AU wrappers exist. So then Logic would detect the plugins. :3
S.P.P

Primary: FL Studio, Ableton, Pro Tools

Postby azerty » 01 Dec 2013 18:55

RubyVesper wrote:why the hell glide won't work for me in Massive (for some reason it literally does nothing).
I'm gonna (probably incorrectly) guess you still haven't switched between polyphonic and monophonic/"monorotate" voicing. Polyphonic sounds won't glide between notes; mono will, since only one can be triggered at a time. Hit "monophon" or "monorotate" under the Voicing tab and then mess with the glide; you should notice it when you change notes.

RubyVesper wrote:I expect it to be tough at first, and then get really easy. Like just about anything I've ever learned. I learned the entirety of Pokémon in a month (and I mean everything), I learned effective video production quickly and without any tutorials, I learned myself everything to know about hobby-grade RC in two months. I don't see this being all too much different. Trial, error and correction as I like to say. (I never say that)
Once you know the ins and outs of the program, it does get a lot simpler; it's just taking the time to really get to know it. With a capacity for learning such as yours, that seems like no sweat.
My YouTube (everything except music)
My SoundCloud
My Twitter @azertymusic (...wait, I have a Twitter?)

>>16555555
azerty

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: The Shogun Audio symbol

Previous

Return to Resources, Software, and Mixing Advice