Free Sample Packs ---- Post Packs Here

Sample Packs? VSTs? DAWs? EQ? What DOES the knee on the Compressor do? All computer-related music making topics belong here!

Re: Free Sample Packs ---- Post Packs Here

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 28 Sep 2014 23:22

https://soundcloud.com/bigglesworths-irregulars/175bpm-amen-punchy-loop

I made a little Amen loop that you guys can have if you want. I left some headroom in the sample so it should be pretty flexible when it comes to mixing. Anyone who has ableton can also hit me up for the parallel processing racks I used on it if they want.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Pulse Wave » 19 Oct 2014 03:46

Is this thread limited to ready-to-run sample packs for any one software sampler or open for sample collections in general?

By the way, the Warbeats forum is no more, so that one link in the start post doesn't work anymore.
Old brony, older than old school.
Gear list, Jabber ID: see my profile.
No FL Studio, no VSTs. No Skype, no YouTube.

Sounds fly through the night, I follow Vın̈yl Scratch to Pony Wonderland.
Pulse Wave

OS: For music, you mean? Debian Buster + bits and pieces of KXStudio.
Primary: Hardware synths and samplers and sequencing and effects and mixing all the way. Plus Qtractor.
Cutie Mark: Green 33% width pulse wave

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 09 Feb 2015 03:07

So I found this project Converse put together that is basically a legal way to sample some bands. They work with musicians who are fine with sampling as a whole and distribute all the parts for free, there's some pretty useful stuff on there.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby DJ TATCM » 09 Feb 2015 15:41

Toneden.io runs promotions on free sample packs surprisingly frequently, if you have an account. I've received at least five emails on the stuff, a requirement is membership, but still, some neat stuff to check out there. They also run sales, a current one is Premier Sound bank's stuff.

Also, though an account is not required, Glitchmachines has a series of nanopacks which are p gud, here's a Link
CommandSpry wrote:srbija never explore pleasure of sit :(

Vote for my remix here!
Soundcloud
BandCamp
YouTube
our love is stronger than a golden banana
DJ TATCM

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: trent reznor

Postby GhostXb » 11 May 2015 23:56

I sampled a bunch of pinkie pie vocals in a jazz/scat style. Would that be considered illegal or pirated if I posted that here or am I in the clear?
GhostXb

Postby Captain Ironhelm » 12 May 2015 20:52

Technically Hasbro owns the copyrights for those sound files, no matter how short they are.

However, looking at their track record on what they allow fans to post online and even monetize, you're probably going to be fine.
Captain Ironhelm

Postby Mordecai Mapper » 04 Mar 2016 04:56

Exist a Noise Pack, like what Merzbow or Dumb Fabric uses?
Mordecai/Mapper

Also know as MO)))RD
Mordecai Mapper

Primary: FL Studio 12
Cutie Mark: Heavy Metal Hand

Postby Viricide Filly » 08 Mar 2016 11:51

Mordecai Mapper wrote:Exist a Noise Pack, like what Merzbow or Dumb Fabric uses?

You're kind of meant to make your own noise, that's sort of the point of noise, it comes directly from you.
You can't just "download" noise, dude. That's ridiculous. Make your own, there are plenty of freeware VSTs you can mess around with and make some distorted messes.
I listened to your stuff and you really ought to move towards using your own stuff, exploring. Stop using stock stuff 'cause it's just lazy, and noise is all about your raw, unique emotion.
We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Primary: Hula Hoops
Cutie Mark: electric!1!11!

Postby djcoin » 19 Feb 2018 17:25

djcoin

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby oldloserwinning » 20 Feb 2018 20:40

how to make a kick:
record a "bop" noise/ some sort of noise where it sounds like a bang
lower the sound and or put a lowpass on it (or both) to your liking.
cut the track so where it is only that sound.
use a bass boost if you feel you need to, or combine it with a synced version one octave down, mix/render
you may use a "pitch bend" slider to make it sound more like a kick by having the ending ratio (hz or tempt or both_) lower then the beginning (which is usually zero)
so after you've done all that you need to use the volume envelope to in crease the attack of the sound with a sharp (millisecond sharp) attack, quick decay, and probably use a fadeout near the end of the sample.
a snare: same thing almost except you want the mids to shine there, and maybe add some silence in after ward so you can use a bit of reverb, also good with mixing it with pink/white/brown noise.
an HH: again same thing but you want the sample to be longer for open HH, and very short for closed, and you want to focus on the high end of the sample a lot, also good with white noise, and different types of bandpass.
a Tom: a tom you definitely want to use the pitch bend, and also a very sharp eq of bandpass focusing on a certain range before the bend to make the tom a little more clear.
X
oldloserwinning

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Previous

Return to Resources, Software, and Mixing Advice