Field Recording / Sampling

Want to know more about cables and adapters? Is DJing the right way to go? Which violins go well with your guitar? It's time to find out!

Field Recording / Sampling

Postby Conduit » 27 Feb 2014 20:14

I've been thinking about sampling some stuff and making a few Kontakt libraries recently. I already have a pretty decent mic, so all I really need is a field recorder. Really my only needs are a fairly decent battery life + the ability to plug it into a wall outlet, USB connectivity, and a XLR port with phantom power. I've been looking at this, but I really don't need more then two channels, and the onboard mixing features would be completely useless to me. I also have no need for the onboard mic, but it might be a nice touch in case I don't want to carry around a full set up. Do any of you know of any decent, yet affordable options? Tips for what to look out for would also be great since this is a completely new area for me.

Thanks!
https://soundcloud.com/flatflish/a-warm-past

DAW: Logic 9
Vst's: Absynth, Battery, FM8, Guitar Rig, Kontakt, Massive, Maschine
Real Instruments: Acoustic/Electric Guitar, Cello, Piano

YoutubeSoundcloudTutors ThreadSkype: FlatflishImage
Conduit

Primary: Logic Pro 9
Cutie Mark: Strings

Re: Field Recording / Sampling

Postby Acsii » 28 Feb 2014 04:30

Tbh I just use my phone for field recording. But if you want one with XLR go with a XOOM I'm not sure about phantom on these things. But if you really want a more mixer style thing go with something from this line. http://tascam.com/applications/recordin ... rtastudio/ I've used the 24 track one myself for a field recording for a news type show and they work really well
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Return to Hardware/Tracking/Performance Advice