Acsiidental Tonals

Want to know more about cables and adapters? Is DJing the right way to go? Which violins go well with your guitar? It's time to find out!

Re: Acsiidental Tonals

Postby Acsii » 22 Jul 2014 02:19

So yea I didn't make the video because the prototype, being a prototype, broke because it shorted against the faceplate. However I have good news. The PCBs for the production model have been designed and I am getting a quote for them. This means that soon there will be a production prototype, which basically means the first of the production models built. Also if anyone wants to buy the half shorted and not rush soldered prototype PM me, I will replace the shorted IC and send it to you, price not including shipping AU$80. Please note that the modulation circuits are not wired up and neither is the CV in.
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby Acsii » 12 Nov 2014 06:48

I have an announcement to make.
There will now be a Droner pedal edition coming out in the future!!!
Once I have a prototype of this I will post some audio of it.
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Postby Acsii » 12 Nov 2014 15:46

So the pedal will be call "Pedestrian Drone" and will feature the same 3 oscillator design but won't have any modulation. It will also feature an input drive and output attenuation.
Acsii

Postby Acsii » 22 Mar 2015 08:04

ACSIIDENTAL TONALS THE REBIRTH.
So if you check this thread a lot you may have noticed I changed the pricing options. This is because I am changing the focus of Accidental Tonals to almost purely DIY. What this means is that the synth will be cheaper however it will require some solder, nothing too hard, I will solder the IC socket to each board to make it easier. Alternatively for the cheapest price you can purchase only the board if you so desire. Once the production prototype is built I will create an instruction set that includes pictures and detailed instructions. Other than DIY there is the possbility for purchasing the synth built but not in a case. Each synthesiser that is built will be tested for shipping to you, this also goes for any of the ICs in the kits, I will put them into the prototype build to make sure they work. The final pricing option is to get the complete synth, this will be the most expensive option, the synth built and in a box/case/whatever you wanna call it.

The current prices for each kit is $40 for PCB, $60 for DIY, $80 for No Case, Uncomfirmed for Full.

There will still be quite sometime until this comes into effect as I have been lazy and have been working on my guitar instead of this.
Acsii

Postby FLAOFEI » 23 Mar 2015 13:04

Nice! Expect me buying either the PCB or DIY. Depends a bit on what components you've put in there, but probably just the PCB.
Could you post circuit diagrams and stuff? I'm finally good enough at electronics to understand tose things now :3

Also, if it's still got CV, is it V/Octave or V/Hz?
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Facade » 23 Mar 2015 17:58

Acsii wrote:The current prices for each kit is $40 for PCB, $60 for DIY, $80 for No Case, Uncomfirmed for Full.

think it would fit in a 1590b? if so you can get them for 10$ less in bulk i think bringing the full price to around 100
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby Acsii » 23 Mar 2015 21:13

FLAOFEI wrote:Nice! Expect me buying either the PCB or DIY. Depends a bit on what components you've put in there, but probably just the PCB.
Could you post circuit diagrams and stuff? I'm finally good enough at electronics to understand tose things now :3

Also, if it's still got CV, is it V/Octave or V/Hz?

You may want to go with the DIY one as it requires to molex crimping, which I will do before sending the kit out. But other than that all the components are easily sourced, except for maybe the vactrols, but these can be made using LEDs and LDRs.

And it's V/Octave, not that it matters as it is a NAND Gate synth so the note that comes out is not always the inputted note. It's mainly to give the synth a rhythm, As when it is in CV mode the power supply/battery is bypassed.

Facade wrote:think it would fit in a 1590b? if so you can get them for 10$ less in bulk i think bringing the full price to around 100

There are two parts to this questions. The first part is no it won't fir into the 1590b due to the amount of pots and switches. The second part is that I have a design in mind for the case.

That being said I am thinking of releasing a model that won't contain the modulation circuits so might then fit in the 1590b.
Acsii

Postby Acsii » 23 Mar 2015 21:15

Completely missed the question about the schematics whoops. I'll post the schematics once I have finished the final prototype. They will also be included in the instructions that will come with the PCB and DIY Kit.
Acsii

Postby Acsii » 23 Mar 2015 21:20

I can post this though atm, which is a render of what the PCB will look like.
Acsii

Postby Acsii » 21 Apr 2015 23:34

So an announcement. For those of you that want order the droner, in any form, you have until the end of the year to put your name down. This is because I am moving into guitar effects pedals rather than synthesisers, mainly due to cost, and market. The price for the full version will be $120 as I have to get quite a large enclosure to fit it in.
Acsii

Postby Acsii » 28 Apr 2015 06:16

So I now have a Patreon to help me get money to work on my creations. The way I have it set-up is if I start receiving $30 or more I will continue to develop the Droner, this is due to extreme cost to further develop it, mainly due to components and the PCB printing. Link to the Patreon is in the main post.
Acsii

Postby FLAOFEI » 29 Apr 2015 06:09

Will this money be like just donations, or are is it like paying in advance for the droner?
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Acsii » 29 Apr 2015 07:27

FLAOFEI wrote:Will this money be like just donations, or are is it like paying in advance for the droner?

It's mostly just donations, but if you check the page, it explains what each perk is.
Acsii

Previous

Return to Hardware/Tracking/Performance Advice